Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Funny
Thought my Hybrid more efficient in city/A-road than motorway

My full tank last just under 400miles for city/A-road only

Just got back from Bristol and it looks like i got a 440miles range on full tank :clap:

Now normally i get just over 52mpg
But the motorway at 65-70mph i get 58mpg :clapping:

Still waaay below yours, Ant!
But is it my driving in city poor? :crying:

Try using eco or normal in the city and see if that helps. I only use power if I need a quicker start like joining the m62 at milnrow coming home.

Never really used normal myself, if I had not read about on these forums, I probably wouldn’t have known about it without reading the owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read into it when i got my car

Tested all ECO, Normal and PWR

I now stick with ECO - but still only 52mpg

I have nearly achieved 500 miles on a tank going to caldicot castle. By the time I got back to junction 17 of the m62. The range was still about 28 miles. Still had to drop the girlfriend of in Shaw and then drive back to Preston. So I would have needed an extra 50 miles.

Btw when you drive over to milnrow with the cruise control set to 70. When your on the decent you end on electric only but you achieve the magic state. The car is using the same amount of power that it is generating.
The power needle is between Eco and regeneration.

I read into it when i got my car

Tested all ECO, Normal and PWR
I now stick with ECO - but still only 52mpg

I use cruise control everywhere, with long stretches that don’t have anything that I might need to slow down or stop for.

The other trick is I make the most of the opportunities for coasting, so I’m still generating power while traveling, instead of using the brakes for traffic lights.

Just now, Anthony Poli said:

I use cruise control everywhere, with long stretches that don’t have anything that I might need to slow down or stop for.

The other trick is I make the most of the opportunities for coasting, so I’m still generating power while traveling, instead of using the brakes for traffic lights.

Hmmm

Maybe coz u do more motorway? :huh:

I thought cruise control might decrease mpg esp on hybrids as it tries to main same speeds on hill thus using more petrol? Just my penny s worth...

Small hills don’t have the same hit as long hill climbs with cc on.

I’m part Scottish, that might explain the better fuel economy [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

I’m part Scottish, that might explain the better fuel economy emoji38.png

Hmmmm

Thats controversial :laugh:

I haven’t done well this time. 340 miles this time. All these frosty mornings

10 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

I haven’t done well this time. 340 miles this time. All these frosty mornings

WO :ohmy:

I remembered u could get 500+ ? 

When the weather is warmer you can do a lot better. But my commute is 8 mins in the morning and the car doesn’t get warm enough to drive more on electric only.
Plus the traffic is not helping

8mins??? :ohmy:

U should walk! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Anthony Poli said:

No thanks :-D

:laugh:

How s the satnav update?

Will ring round another couple of Dealers before deciding the cheapest for map update :thumbsup:

Same for winter/summer tyres :thumbup:

Your tyre prices look a bit high imo. Remember Toyota participating dealers price match locally https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/service-price-match-details.json

Remind me (33 pages of this thread now!) why you don't just go for some Michelin Crossclimate/+ or similar rather than switching summer/winter?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Your tyre prices look a bit high imo. Remember Toyota participating dealers price match locally https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/service-price-match-details.json

Remind me (33 pages of this thread now!) why you don't just go for some Michelin Crossclimate/+ or similar rather than switching summer/winter?

I have Michelin CrossClimate now - as getting old/senile/wimp prefer that bit more comfort zone

But as weather seems to be getting worse each year (i know it s only 1-2 weeks of the year) and temp getting below 7degrees for more than a few weeks + have a new job which now extends my 6miles city journey to 60 miles of motorway EACH way - i feel better to spend X amount on winter/summer tyres

This dilemma has dogged me for a few years now - think the main push was the new 60 mile motorway commute makes more sense if having to drive in sub 8degrees or snow/slush/heavy rain...:g::driving:

I have Michelin CrossClimate now - as getting old/senile/wimp prefer that bit more comfort zone

But as weather seems to be getting worse each year (i know it s only 1-2 weeks of the year) and temp getting below 7degrees for more than a few weeks + have a new job which now extends my 6miles city journey to 60 miles of motorway EACH way - i feel better to spend X amount on winter/summer tyres

This dilemma has dogged me for a few years now - think the main push was the new 60 mile motorway commute makes more sense if having to drive in sub 8degrees or snow/slush/heavy rain...:g::driving:

Move to Preston and you don’t need to worry about snow [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief, that's one of the few reasons I'm glad I'm down here and not up there! I'm having enough trouble with these Dunlops in the dry as it is without having to deal with an encore from the set of Frozen! :laugh:

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

Good grief, that's one of the few reasons I'm glad I'm down here and not up there! I'm having enough trouble with these Dunlops in the dry as it is without having to deal with an encore from the set of Frozen! :laugh:

Some people "look" for snow! (Ant)!

:bangin:

:kicking:

7 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Still no snow here ;-)

Wed then! :laugh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links