Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0l vvti t3

Chasdad

I've been offered one in part ex for my Lexus ls400. It's an 04 with only 36000 miles. Is there anything I should look out for on it. Due to mileage I'm finding it difficult to value. Any ideas if allowed. Also is there anyone on here who could check mileage for me,looked on mot checker seemed ok. Advice would be appreciated,thanks

So long as it has been serviced regularly as the oil quality is very important to the engine. Also check the air filter. The 1AZ-FSE is a direct injection and good quality petrol will help to. These engines do not have any oil burning issues like the 1ZZ-FE as it a different design. It would be handy to have an OBD2 diagnostic, on case the EML comes on. The O2 sensors should be fine due to the low mileage. Check the condition on the exhaust, as short journeys will corrode the exhaust over time, especially mild steel parts.

Transmission and clutch should be fine.

Serpentine belt condition. Does the air-condition work? If not, it might need checking and a re-gas. The check is free and you only pay for re-gas. 

Look at the condition of the brakes. They may be fine or may need complete overhaul. This means a complete disc and pad change. Not expensive. 

Head lights are known to have problems with melted holders.

The rest of the car should be straight. 

Thanks konrad. It's just had an mot. Has had new brakes all around. Do you know how easy it is to swap wings. As Its had a small knock on the front wing.

3 hours ago, Chasdad said:

Thanks konrad. It's just had an mot. Has had new brakes all around. Do you know how easy it is to swap wings. As Its had a small knock on the front wing.

John, No not sure but made some observations. It may be straight forward, depending on how easy it is to access and the condition of the bolts.

I have looked at photos of the wing on eBay plus the diagrams below. It looks like you have to remove the wheel arch liner, or at least unbolt it from the wing. The bumper also needs unbolting where it meets the wing. May or may not need to remove light. Disconnect and remove side repeater. Remove cover in front of wing mirror to access any bolts. Not sure about access to one bolt in door hinge. If the gap is big enough then great. 

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/avensis/azt250r-aemehw/3_273550_018_223W/body/5302_hood-front-fender

http://toyotapartscatalog.com/toyota/avensis-azt250r-almehw-2-0l-16-valve-dohc-efi-mtm-2003-eu-3-hood-front-fender/

Most of the bolts are on the upper wing.

Konrad

Thanks konrad thats really helpful. Just got to decide whether I can part with my LS for it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links