Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low/Strange Boost on 2.0 D4D

MrBenjaminHDM

On a slightly different note. You use torque? Do you know any pids for it? I get barely any when I scan it.

37 minutes ago, Aidsy1 said:

On a slightly different note. You use torque? Do you know any pids for it? I get barely any when I scan it.

I'm afraid that's because Toyota made our engines a little dumb. We're lacking a lot of extra features like target boost and target rail pressure that would've been very useful in diagnosing my problem. All the PIDs I've tried don't work.

These are all the sensors I get

Screenshot_20160208-170612.png

Screenshot_20160208-170605.png

• Like 1

I had a fuel issue with mine and have used bg244..... But I switched Archoil Fuel additives... 

Try running some of this stuff through it. May get rid of your flat spot.. 

10 minutes ago, wastedagen said:

I had a fuel issue with mine and have used bg244..... But I switched Archoil Fuel additives... 

Try running some of this stuff through it. May get rid of your flat spot.. 

Thanks for the suggestion, which products did you use, AR6400-D? They have a big range!

15 minutes ago, MrBenjaminHDM said:

Thanks for the suggestion, which products did you use, AR6400-D? They have a big range!

Yep. I used that to clean the fuel system, and I am using this to keep it clean... 5ml in every tank.. 

Screenshot_2016-02-19-21-07-19.png

5ml  in every tank??? That bottle will last you 100 tanks!

That's an 11,000 to 1 ratio for the 55 litre fuel tank. I'm sure it'll do nothing at that ratio.. I may be mistaken though. Did you mean 

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/shop-by-brand/archoil/fuel-treatment-cleaners/archoil-ar6200-fuel-modification-complex-high-concentrate-1037.html

This is where I bought mine from. I was sceptical at first but read my post and look at the pics. The proof is there.... A 15000 mile interval with and with out using archoil. I carry a 20ml sample bottle in car.. Then top that up when needed from big bottle. 

Would one of you fine chaps with a healthy SCV and an OBD reader mind comparing some info with me? 

Warm engine after driving parked up AC off and idling at normal speed ~800rpm

My fuel rail pressure bounces around between 4123 and 5098psi sometimes in 200-500 chunks.

So have looked at mine. Mine jumps about 500 psi or so from 4800 to 5200.

32 minutes ago, Aidsy1 said:

So have looked at mine. Mine jumps about 500 psi or so from 4800 to 5200.

well it's different I suppose, raises more questions than it answers o_O Haha

Looks like it might be safe to assume target pressure for idle is around 5000 then.

Ill do it again when I go home (about 5) to double check. How do you get engine rpm vs fuel rail pressure graph? I'll get that too

1 minute ago, Aidsy1 said:

Ill do it again when I go home (about 5) to double check. How do you get engine rpm vs fuel rail pressure graph? I'll get that too

I used Torque to log rpm and fuel pressure then mocked up a quick graph in excel from the CSV it outputs. For the idle pressure I just used a half meter display on torque, reset its averages, left it for 30s and read off the min and max values.

If you managed to get the graph under load in 3/4th it would be interesting to see if you do have the same dips in pressure, that would definitely highlight the problem (Assuming your car hasn't suffered the same fate without you noticing)

39 minutes ago, lilpopjim said:

Got your problem fixed yet Ben?

Waiting on RRG for the valve :sad:

RRG? 

Must be one on eBay by now! Probably worth looking at spare/ repairs on eBay. They probably won't know what they got :cool:

57 minutes ago, lilpopjim said:

RRG? 

Must be one on ebay by now! Probably worth looking at spare/ repairs on ebay. They probably won't know what they got :cool:

Plenty of the original part on eBay but 0 of the modified valve that has been suggested. Figured I had better get the revised version to prevent it ever happening again.

On 16/02/2016 at 9:42 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The most likely source of sudden changes in fuel pressure is a sticking/failing suction control valve, cleaning it may give a temporary fix but there is a modified SCV Valve available ( Part # 04226-26020 ). Bare in mind increased turbo boost goes hand in hand with increased fuel pressure your SCV may be struggling to cope . -

Put me out of my misery please. The valve came with several apadter parts and such and I can't quite figure it out.

Scratch my last, got it fitted.

I'm in disbelief. It works, it's 1000% better I actually cracked a smile when it held the power from 1800 all the way up to 4000.

Thanks @Devon Aygofor the suggestion, you were spot on.

Thanks @lilpopjim for your support.

Thanks @Aidsy1 for looking at the rail pressure for me. New valve is a lot more steady at idle.

• Like 1

Wow that's awesome news!!

How much was the valve???

Is really all that much better? no flat spots or drop in power?

Glad you got it sorted mate.

Just now, lilpopjim said:

Wow that's awesome news!!

How much was the valve???

Is really all that much better? no flat spots or drop in power?

Glad you got it sorted mate.

258 sheets... That was from an RRG accident repair centre "at cost"

Fuel pressure across the board is different with the new valve, cold starts are now very ropey and the ECU is going back to Monster Tuning to implement the accompanying ECU changes for the valve. Managed to hit 185whp (Torque guesstimate) and 355nm (Another guesstimate).
I'll be taking it to a dyno once it's back and writing up a fresh post about the remap, I'm very pleased with the support that Rik from MonsterTuning  has given me despite it not being his problem.

For anyone interested in said fuel pressure changes here they are from Toyota direct:
Idle - 35 > 45mpa (5076>6526psi)
3000rpm - 57>68mpa (8267>9862)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links