Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights left off

jules_s

Had a quick search and couldn't find anything on this :laugh:

I've now had the Aygo 2 months and I'm forever leaving the lights off!!

Followed another today and he/she didnt realise either

Any tips? (apart from the obvious)

TIA

One could always get into the practice of having headlights on all the time .....

Does your profile need changing?

I just put them on when it starts getting dusk/dark? Not hard to remember after years of driving.

13 hours ago, jules_s said:

I've now had the Aygo 2 months and I'm forever leaving the lights off!!

Any tips?

Dim the dash lights, thus it will dim every time you put the lights on.

1 hour ago, alan333 said:

Dim the dash lights, thus it will dim every time you put the lights on.

Ah, wasn't aware you could do that....time to dig out the manual again....Thanks

Isobel, its the LED driving lights that do it, they are way too bright and it looks just like you have your lights on!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jules_s said:

Isobel, its the LED driving lights that do it, they are way too bright and it looks just like you have your lights on!!

Then again, the daylight running lights need to be bright to counter daylight and be readily visible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Then again, the daylight running lights need to be bright to counter daylight and be readily visible.

They are way too bright. Way brighter than the sidelights which render them useless as well :blink:

31 minutes ago, jules_s said:

Ah, wasn't aware you could do that....time to dig out the manual again....Thanks

ah yes I see now, I've got the old mk1 2014 aygo which still has the old dash board unlit lol

25 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

yep I've often decided when driving in dusk conditions that they're just as good as my side lights. But they still don't work on some drivers.

31 minutes ago, jules_s said:

They are way too bright. Way brighter than the sidelights which render them useless as well :blink:

Legally daylight running lights should turn off when the sidelights/headlights are turned on, and it is recommended to use dipped headlights in built up areas at night.

1 hour ago, jules_s said:

But DRL's are only at the front, you need sidelights/headlghts on for the tail lights.

10 minutes ago, alan333 said:

But DRL's are only at the front, you need sidelights/headlghts on for the tail lights.

Yeah, i appreciate that...

I think the problem I have is living right in the middle of a city with loads of light pollution. I actually followed another Aygo yesterday with it's lights off which prompted this post

Need to read the manual again later as my first attempt only allowed me to lower the dash lights with the lights on

Ideal solution would be low level dash which gets considerably brighter with the lights on

2 minutes ago, jules_s said:

Need to read the manual again later as my first attempt only allowed me to lower the dash lights with the lights on

Ideal solution would be low level dash which gets considerably brighter with the lights on

You're correct that you can only dim the dash when the lights are on.  Personally I don't like bright dash lights at night, so I have mine dimmed when the lights are on.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links