Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris MY13 Upgrade from Toyota Touch and Go to Touch and Go '2'

mayhew132

Hi there,

Could anyone let me know if it's possible to update the Toyota Touch and Go system within an Auris MY13 to a Touch and Go 2 system used in the slightly revised model please?

Thanks

I'm wondering if go2 would work with touch1? I have TAS300 headunit in my Auris, and I've been looking for the Go-extension unit, and the Go2 -units are cheaper than the Go1-units.

Hopefully someone will be able to let us know!

16 hours ago, JarnoSe said:

I'm wondering if go2 would work with touch1? I have TAS300 headunit in my Auris, and I've been looking for the Go-extension unit, and the Go2 -units are cheaper than the Go1-units.

I am fairly certain that this won't work.

There is no software route to do this only hardware, touch and touch2 are not cross compatible so to fit touch 2 & go 2 into a Touch 1 car you would need both a Touch 2 headunit & Go 2 extension box.

Great, thanks for that, exactly what I thought - so it is a possible retrofit.

but is it worth the cost?  A top Garmin/Tomtom will be cheaper, do a better job of nav. with more current mapping, more frequent & cheaper (possibly free) updates,

It is to me as its all about having an integrated fit

It'll cost you over £1000

I think it's about £1300 for the Go Plus

I haven't even seen anybody saying that Touch2 is better - if anything the feedback seems to have been that it was not as good as Touch. 

I have just bought a 12plate Hybrid and the software and Touch&Go don't look as though they have ever been updated.
Toyota advised me to find my local dealer when I enquired about the version I had, which I thought was a cop out. My local Toyota garage informed me that the T&Go could only be updated by them at a cost of £165 inc VAT. yet a friend of mine who has a  totally different marque vehicle but has the same multiscreen says he managed to update his which is apparently older than my T&Go, but did advise he had to restart it a couple of times.

So think I will get the Dealer to update it the first time and see what the difference is after.

Cannot see why I am a 'New Member', been registered here since 2009.

1 hour ago, cmajor335 said:

Cannot see why I am a 'New Member', been registered here since 2009.

Presumably as this is only your second post since 2009, that is why you're showing as a new member.

9 hours ago, cmajor335 said:

My local Toyota garage informed me that the T&Go could only be updated by them at a cost of £165 inc VAT.

Not true afaik. Maps are £109 via Toyota's download/estore system. Plus it will take some of your time.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-go-touch-go-and-toyota-touch-pro-faqs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links