Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking at my possible future car. Auris TS Hybrid.

Konrad C

Yesterday while at a friends, I was parked next to a Auris TS Hybrid. I decides to take a photo, then the owner came out wondered what I was doing. I told him and he was nice and showed be some of the cars features, and the boot.  He does Uber work and drives around 800 miles a week, spending £70-80 on fuel! 

The boot actually looks small because the height of the floor storage covers to the cover looks less higher than my Avensis with exactly the same setup. It is close enough though. He must have the highest spec because he had semi leather seats, cruise control, all round parking sensors, remote folding electric mirrors, keyless entry, the list goes on. 

20170510_125413.thumb.jpg.f2667974029c4ebfaaf085cbe47869a1.jpg

I would have one if I could afford it. But I will enjoy my Avensis for now.

Waiting for the guys like Anthony Poli to rub it in. :smile:.     

Auris is a nice car, esp if you have all the extras on it.
But your Avensis is not the worst in the world either.
One thing i noticed on a test drive :   The Auris is totally not the strongest car in the world on 'road feeling', steering, etc,   but i thought (sorry to say so) that the Avensis was even worse.. so i didn't buy that one eventually.
It drives a bit (!) like a Citroen CX before or like an Opel (Vauxhall) Omega.. feeling you are sailing a huge boat with wheels on the road. Kind of goes everywhere.

In my opinion they all have this a bit and the new Astra or 308 were a lot more fun to drive in that particular view.

On 11/05/2017 at 1:07 PM, Konrad C said:

Yesterday while at a friends, I was parked next to a Auris TS Hybrid. I decides to take a photo, then the owner came out wondered what I was doing. I told him and he was nice and showed be some of the cars features, and the boot.  He does Uber work and drives around 800 miles a week, spending £70-80 on fuel! 

The boot actually looks small because the height of the floor storage covers to the cover looks less higher than my Avensis with exactly the same setup. It is close enough though. He must have the highest spec because he had semi leather seats, cruise control, all round parking sensors, remote folding electric mirrors, keyless entry, the list goes on. 

20170510_125413.thumb.jpg.f2667974029c4ebfaaf085cbe47869a1.jpg

I would have one if I could afford it. But I will enjoy my Avensis for now.

Waiting for the guys like Anthony Poli to rub it in. :smile:.     

I'm not going to do that, the car has already done that for me  :laugh:

• Like 1

So have you had a test drive in one yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

So have you had a test drive in one yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. I may try one in the future. I have been in a 2nd gen Prius when I helped my friend change a wheel bearing. I liked it, but not the minicab image that it has built up. The Auris is nice. The one you drive is good, but I want more space. That is why I think the Auris TS would fit the bill. The price is not falling as quick as before since diesels are going out of fashion. One major plus is the Auris has a 'proper' handbrake. 

When it comes to servicing, all the tools I use on the Avensis are perfect for the engine since they use the same spark plugs and oil filter.

I have driven an auto version of a Rav4 (2015 model), so have an idea what the CVT feels like.

Anthony, I enjoy reading your posts, along Wayne2015 and TomdeGuerre.      

Sadly I needed to replace my 1.8 Verso, after fearing a big bill for several things. So I decided at the time it would be best to put that money towards a hybrid. but I would have to pick the month where Toyota had a hybrid promotion. I only went to have a test drive and see if I would like the way it drives. There was only one car that was available to test. Just happened to be the colour that I prefer,I took to the car like the said duck to water.

The added bonus of the Auris was, nobody would guess that it was a hybrid. I had to get the roof box to take everything on holiday, it didn't look big when I picked up the car from the dealer. After driving home and taking the roof box off, I was surprised to see it was big enough to fit 2 of me inside it without a struggle.

I was impressed by the fact that I had driven to Germany and drove around for a week, clocked up 470 miles or more on 36 litres, before I needed to refuel and drive home. 

:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links