Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Rear Speaker Wiring

Jobe

In reference to the 'starlet Audio' post a while back, i have decided to try and install rear Speakers into my sportif. After spending 30 mins pulling the trim panels away from the drivers side rear wheel arch and ripping bits of skin off my hands in the process, i found the connector that is wired back to the head unit wiring loom. It contains 4 coloured wires: Red (right +), white (right -), Yellow (left -), and black (left +) and has a plastic connector already on it.

2 Questions - can i get the other part of the connector from anywhere that i can wire the Speakers to? (tried toyota in Burton on trent, they couldnt help)

and

which side is considered left and which side is right!!?? Is it as you are looking at the car from the front or as you are sitting in the car? sorry for the stoopid question :rolleyes:

update soon....

cheers, j

the left an rights are as if u was sat in the drivers seat facing the windscreen,and as for the connectors go to ur local electics place such as www.maplins.co.uk place like tht will av the connectors in and for alot less than car place will charge u!

thanks captain, i'll give them a go. looking at the connector again, it has a code on it - '11326'. Could it be a product code? anyone got the Toyota EPC on CD they could look up for me? I have a pic but i cant post it on here yet!! :help:

i would go for generic connectors, if you go to toyota they will cost you an absolute bomb! havent a clue as to the EPC sorry mate i don't have it.

have a nice day

sanj

if u cant find em id jus snip the wires an get sum more connecters there like 50p each from an electricy place lol,then u can go an buy both male an female so they plug in an out properly:d

ok, thanks for your help guys. In the end i remembered the connectors i have used back in my R/C car days. If anyone else needs easy to use, quick release connectors, get hold of some 'Tamiya connectors'. They are normally used for high voltage Battery pack connections so they are suitable for quite a few other uses.

Heres the link to the website i have ordered some from, just search toward the bottom of the webpage and you'll find them! £1 each, cant really grumble. ;)

http://www.gmmodels.co.uk/acatalog/Cables___Connectors.html

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links