Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hiace Granvia Towbar

chubbs

:help: Hi

its that time of year when the trailer tent comes out of hibernation and we look foward to the 4 hour journey to cornwall with 4 noisy kids.

But the holiday is on hold until i can find a tow bar to fit my HIACE GRANVIA 1995 30TDI (i rekon the journey time will be better than my vw transporter if i get there)

////////////////PLEASE HELP/////////////////////

• 2 months later...

chubbs

I was behind a Power Van earlier today that had a towbar fitted, so they must be avalible. Have you tried GT Towing in Potters Bar? Gordon may be able to help you.

Kevin

• 8 months later...

its that time of year when the trailer tent comes out of hibernation and we look foward to the 4 hour journey to cornwall with 4 noisy kids.

But the holiday is on hold until i can find a tow bar to fit my HIACE GRANVIA 1995 30TDI (i rekon the journey time will be better than my vw transporter if i get there)

I HAVE JUST FITTED A TOW BAR TO MY GRANVIA

i am new to this so bear with me, i have just fitted a tow bar to my granvia, bought it from towsure in sheffield, you must state that you need a tow bar for a hiace power van late 1995 as there are 2 types of tow bars, the earlier cheaper one will not fit, ive tried it :censor: :censor: its fairly easy to fit but you have to drill 2 pre countersunk holes, the difficult bit is shoving the exhaust over to one side as it rubs against the tow bar, i bent the exhaust bracket and swung on the tail pipe to bend it, crude but works, then re hang exhaust re using tail pipe rubber,

if you need any further help, contact me on scorpiomann1951@hotmail.co.uk

I HAVE ALSO FITTED A CAM BELT,,,,, :bookworm: VERY EASY TO DO

i am new to this so bear with me, i have just fitted a tow bar to my granvia, bought it from towsure in sheffield, you must state that you need a tow bar for a hiace power van late 1995 as there are 2 types of tow bars, the earlier cheaper one will not fit, ive tried it :censor: :censor: its fairly easy to fit but you have to drill 2 pre countersunk holes, the difficult bit is shoving the exhaust over to one side as it rubs against the tow bar, i bent the exhaust bracket and swung on the tail pipe to bend it, crude but works, then re hang exhaust re using tail pipe rubber,

if you need any further help, contact me on scorpiomann1951@hotmail.co.uk

I HAVE ALSO FITTED A CAM BELT,,,,, :bookworm: VERY EASY TO DO

hi

the only reason u have to move the exhaust, because the UK power van has small exhaust box, japanese 3.0TD used bigger box, i just cut the bucket and it fit ok, mine is from towsure as well, but i don't need to drill hole to fit it on, and i bought the one for 1998 model,

early 1995 may be for old model hi-ace van.

from an earlier post that i sent in bosal tow bar fits you just have to drill out the two holes in the chassis indentations already there .

the metal work near to the exhaust is not so big on this bar and it fits i got all the towbar makers to fax me fitting instructions to lookat the plans and this is how know the bosal bar fitted most motor factors supply bosal parts

best of luck freddie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links