Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Firmware upgrade

icchis

That is odd if you look in settings - general - system information - what does it say ? or did you get the DA version from the hidden service menu ?

The Navi box takes over the USB and bluetooth functions when connected, to update it you have to purchase a new map (£120 from my Toyota)

If you want to update the DA you need to unplug the USB from the Navi module and plug it into the DA to update the DA (unplugging the Navi power connector helps as well) then reverse the previous steps

I'm not sure what is causing those does tho

ps. Lifetime updates - that the life of the product what is 3-7 years !!

On 9/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, flash22 said:

That is odd if you look in settings - general - system information - what does it say ? or did you get the DA version from the hidden service menu ?

The Navi box takes over the USB and Bluetooth functions when connected, to update it you have to purchase a new map (£120 from my Toyota)

If you want to update the DA you need to unplug the USB from the Navi module and plug it into the DA to update the DA (unplugging the Navi power connector helps as well) then reverse the previous steps

I'm not sure what is causing those does tho

ps. Lifetime updates - that the life of the product what is 3-7 years !!

When I go into settings - general - system information I get

Software Ver 6.8.1WL

Map ID 2016 v2

There is also a Device ID and Request code, consisting of about 6 sets of characters each.
There is also a tab for audio information, and that is where I got the audio fw versions from.
When in that, the tab caption changes to Nav Information.

If this was my old 02 Corsa, I'd be happy to rip out the unit and do whatever, but this car is so new to me, I think I'll leave it for now. I am using bluetooth more now as well, but I was keen to get any updates, just in case.

I have asked Toyota whether it can be updated when in for a service. the dealer says they would have to raise a ticket, so I used MyToyota and asked there.

re Lifetime updates.

Perhaps, but I can still update it, and the unit is well over 7 years old, and just the other day I used Google maps on my phone in the community van, so I doubt I will be buying another satnav anytime soon. 😃

Many thanks for your help on this. The Toyota stuff is completely new to me. I've had Ford and Vauxhalls in the past, but still needed knowledgeable people like yourself to assist.

Had a response from MyToyota
Seems it will only be upgraded FOC if the dealer does it at their discretion.

So I might just try removing it after next weeks service, if they refuse to do it.

OK,
I bit the bullet as the dealer did not seem keen to do it FOC and Toyota said at their discretion. 😞
I removed the dash and the unit.

I swapped over just the usb lead to the radio unit. 

I started the car, let the audio boot up and inserted the usb stick. nothing.

I entered that second hidden menu with the settings button and tried program update, and inserted the stick, but the OK button does not enable. Also tried the INIT as well. The DA still shows NG ?

I know the USB cable is fine as I can play music from it, and can still can.

[quote]

As you have the NAV you will need the Map update, this includes the firmware/software updates

[/quote]
Are you now saying, that is the only way to get a fw update for the DA?
I am not really interested in a map update and certianly do not want to pay £120 for a years maps, when the car is rarely used that muc. However I do like my music😃

On a side note, the site keeps switching off Follow Topic switch.?

How do I set the site to get notifications of threads I post in?

This is why I missed some earlier posts? This process is a little strange to me on forums, normally, your are auto subscribed, unless you say differently?

TIA

You can update the DA as I described above - disconnect the nav

Disconnect the radio and plug it in again it may no be ingesting the update due to the NG

• Thanks 1

Which is the power supply for the radio please.? I have disconnected the F3 plug from the Nav,

The plugs are tight as anything,?

From your pic in this thread https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/189515-technicaltouch2-and-touch2-andwith-go/

We appear to be making progress.

I went into the car button hidden menu and Program Update.

It recognised the media was inserted and read the version of the file. Select that update.

I OK'd the update. It stops a while at about 20%, then progresses, and gets as far as the Cancel button, them comes up with Update error.?

So, so close. 😀

Ok, managed to remove the power for the DA.

Tried again and still get Update error at the same position.

I cannot get rid of that NG for the DA

When I had the Nav unit disconnected that showed NCONN, which is fair enough.
I tried the INIT several times. Very sneaky as the button looks disabled?

I've put it all back together for now, as I have to go out in a few minutes.

Now I know how easy it is to get to, I might try again, if you have any ideas as to get passed this NG on the DA.

I might mention it to the dealer and see what they say?

Thanks for sticking with me on this.👍

NG is Not Good meaning it has errors

if you tap NG it gives you the error codes, i can remember if it was you or another member that had the 2 communication codes

unplug F31 and cycle the key it may clear the NG codes

Yes it was me with

U0140
U0164

In one of the screens they showed up as past errors, not present?

I'll have a go next weekend with F31
By cycle the key, you mean switch to ignition on and off?

Hi, I have a 2015 Yaris with code

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4b4aevccxiv1ao/2021-09-11 17.23.11.jpg?dl=0

would you be able to share the latest firmware update. It’s a non-nav model.

Also do you know if the updates fix the option for text message display if connecting a iPhone11/ 12 via BT? Currently says it’s not supported by the device..

I downloaded this file from Toyota  yesterday:

http://touch2go.toyota-europe.com/multimedia/XE3953.zip

and unpacked it, formatted a USB stick (FAT32) and upgraded with great ease. The task took about half an hour in total, and the firmware update accounted for perhaps half of that.  

I recovered the above URL from a PDF (attached) posted on a  "manuals" site https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1813654/Toyota-Touch-2.html#product-Touch 2

"MULTIMEDIA REPAIR GUIDE for Touch 2 & Touch 2 with Go"  

Mine was also a a non-satnav unit with XE3864. The main change it gave me is that I can now scroll up and down lists of MP3s using the right hand knob, rather than trying to drag the touchscreen.   I know nothing about the iPhone aspects.

touch_2.pdf

The update fixes a lot more than you think the main 2 are bluetooth and MP3 playback inc the well known shuffle and track position/restart after key cycle bug

these systems are very complex, and very secure

Well the Yaris went in for it's yearly service.

The dealer said that

a. The DA unit could not be updated, meaning it was at it's last fw?

b. The NG error message might be as the technician said there was some rust on the usb stick???

So not much help there. 😞

On a good note, I had a courtesy car of a Yaris Design Hybrid.

Wow, what a lovely car. First journey I achieve a score of 74 for economy, 84, when I got home, but only 65 when I took it back. I appeared not to have used any petrol in the 21 miles I used it for. 👍

I've got a 2016 Yaris, but it's a New Zealand-new model and we have a history of ending up with oddball variants that only seems to exist here and for whatever reason, one other varying country in asia.

At any rate, all the details I can get out of the console are;

Model ID: 13TBDAOC-CA01

SAM ID: AEAICSKOBF

Operating System: BA.36.25

Product Infomration: 86140-52190

DA Manufacturer: Fujitsu Ten

DA Version: BA3625

CAN: 13.0209

Does any of that make any sense as to what the actual unit is and/or if there's any applicable firmware update for it?

Thanks!

Steve.

That is an odd ball one, what are the first 3 letters of your vin ?

Edit. Looks like an Asia Pacific built Yaris, possibly Thailand - I do not have much information on these cars and have yet to find what portal the dealers use

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 2:50 PM, flash22 said:

The update fixes a lot more than you think the main 2 are bluetooth and MP3 playback inc the well known shuffle and track position/restart after key cycle bug

these systems are very complex, and very secure

I’m on HE3953 and it is always setting my phone’s music app or Spotify app to repeat the album or the playlist. I always need to turn off repeat after it connects to my Yaris 2017. It’s so annoying. Do you know if I can update or downgrade to fix this bug?

PM replied to. The only way is up, you can downgrade, TBH it sounds more like a phone issue

9 hours ago, flash22 said:

PM replied to. The only way is up, you can downgrade, TBH it sounds more like a phone issue

Thank you for your reply. Is HE3953 the latest one?

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

BTW, the repeat problem was described here and it seems to be a Toyota / Nissan / Apple problem. And there is no fix. 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3800545

My mistake, it was another member with the exact same question and firmware

Yes HE3953 is the latest, as long as you don't have the nav (Nav controls the bluetooth and USB when fitted) if you do you need to update the map that inc the updates for the module

Apple's bluetooth has always been a bit flaky, it has its weird quirks

I would say fit an aux port to the touch2, but that has its own problems as the iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have a 2016 Yaris Hybrid - my software version is XE3896 and my Model ID is 13TXDAEU-CA02. Are you able to PM me the latest version please? Thanks in advance! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links