Sign in to follow this  
sundodger

2.0L Touring Sports Fuel economy.

Just back from a 1200 mile jaunt from Glasgow to Southampton. Out via Newcastle, Lincolnshire and Norfolk and back via the M6 over the course of 2 weeks. We didn’t flog the car as we are just getting used to it and were not in any hurry. It only has 1800 miles on the click now. Averaged 56.5 MPG using the onboard trip computer. How does that compare to other 2.0Ls? Is this a reasonable mileage for the model? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please update your profile to include the Corolla.

12 hours ago, sundodger said:

Just back from a 1200 mile jaunt from Glasgow to Southampton. Out via Newcastle, Lincolnshire and Norfolk and back via the M6 over the course of 2 weeks. We didn’t flog the car as we are just getting used to it and were not in any hurry. It only has 1800 miles on the click now. Averaged 56.5 MPG using the onboard trip computer. How does that compare to other 2.0Ls? Is this a reasonable mileage for the model? Thanks.

I have the hatchback 2L version.

Best trip from on-board display was 58.1mpg over 150miles mixed driving. 100miles dual carriageway  and 30 miles urban and 20 miles hills.

Recorded all petrol and miles and over 1700 miles averaged 54mpg from new.

Seems to be improving slowly but that could be due to adapting my driving style to the new car.

I have a theory that seems to be showing best driving style as ECO for urban and hills then use NORMAL for dual carriage way and motorways. Will update theory after a few more trips.

Will do but can you point this newbie in the right direction please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the hatchback 2L version.
Best trip from on-board display was 58.1mpg over 150miles mixed driving. 100miles dual carriageway  and 30 miles urban and 20 miles hills.
Recorded all petrol and miles and over 1700 miles averaged 54mpg from new.
Seems to be improving slowly but that could be due to adapting my driving style to the new car.
I have a theory that seems to be showing best driving style as ECO for urban and hills then use NORMAL for dual carriage way and motorways. Will update theory after a few more trips.

Thanks. Looks about right then. Didn’t even think about using the different modes buttons as my previous auto didn’t have it and still getting used to the car. Thanks for the tip.

There are many you tube videos for Prius drivers, should be same/similar for Corollas, or perhaps already videos from Corolla drivers. I watched loads and picked up many tips.  More then a few tourneys in this good weather I getting 80+ Mpg, mostly over 70mpg

1 hour ago, sundodger said:

Log on. Click on user name towards top right corner. Click on 'edit profile'  - top right on the title bar. When in 'edit profile' scroll down to 'Toyota model', make amendment, then scroll down to 'save' button, and save.

1 hour ago, sundodger said:

Re. Editing your profile:

Click on your user name at top right of the forum and choose "Profile" from the dropdown. Then use "Edit Profile" link at the top of profile banner area to amend your information. Don't forget to "Save" when you're done.

Log on. Click on user name towards top right corner. Click on 'edit profile'  - top right on the title bar. When in 'edit profile' scroll down to 'Toyota model', make amendment, then scroll down to 'save' button, and save.

Thanks. Done it.
Only problem is I have a 2019 Corolla, a 2018 Yaris and a 2019 Aygo. You could say I like Toyotas as my son has a 2016 Aygo too.

• Like 1

Re. Editing your profile:
Click on your user name at top right of the forum and choose "Profile" from the dropdown. Then use "Edit Profile" link at the top of profile banner area to amend your information. Don't forget to "Save" when you're done.

Thanks. I was looking for the edit tab in the Tapatalk app and not the website. All done now.

Hi Sundodger, welcome to the 2.0 Corolla world.

Just a quick question I asked a few weeks ago: does you Battery charge via the engine when driving on the motorway or does it stay about the same? I know the Battery will usually go up to two bars below maximum but mine doesn’t appear to charge at all except for when braking.

Hi Sundodger, welcome to the 2.0 Corolla world.
Just a quick question I asked a few weeks ago: does you battery charge via the engine when driving on the motorway or does it stay about the same? I know the battery will usually go up to two bars below maximum but mine doesn’t appear to charge at all except for when braking.

Thanks for the welcome.
When I was looking at the info screen I noticed that the Battery did charge to the 2 bars below full then the power was to the wheels only. The other thing I noticed is that sometimes the car was in EV mode whilst at high speed (65-70) but the engine was still running at 1000 rpm. There were no red arrows from the engine though.

Thank you for your response. I have driven for almost an hour on the motorway and it doesn’t recharge the Battery at all and it stays at the same level it were before I joined the motorway.

Usually I join with just 3-4 bars and when I exit the motorway it’s exactly the same. Is this unusual?

Thank you for your response. I have driven for almost an hour on the motorway and it doesn’t recharge the battery at all and it stays at the same level it were before I joined the motorway.
Usually I join with just 3-4 bars and when I exit the motorway it’s exactly the same. Is this unusual?

Hopefully someone with more miles on their clock could help but I will pay more attention the next time I am on the motorway.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 6:19 PM, Cjohnston1982 said:

Just a quick question I asked a few weeks ago: does you battery charge via the engine when driving on the motorway or does it stay about the same? I know the battery will usually go up to two bars below maximum but mine doesn’t appear to charge at all except for when braking.

Anyone notice if the Battery charges on the motorway? On a long drive at 70mph I’m barely getting 50 mpg. Does this sound normal? 

On 8/25/2019 at 6:19 PM, Cjohnston1982 said:

welcome to the 2.0 Corolla world.