Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

The published brochure: what is odd and going to confuse potential customers is the way the models are presented. Traditionally you go from basic to best model as you go through the brochure but in this case they show the GR Sport last? After the Excel. The M23 GR Sport is not specked as well as the M22? I initially ordered a Sport last August but fortunately changed to Excel when I spotted the downgrade 

1 hour ago, Jackfire said:

The published brochure: what is odd and going to confuse potential customers is the way the models are presented. Traditionally you go from basic to best model as you go through the brochure but in this case they show the GR Sport last? After the Excel. The M23 GR Sport is not specked as well as the M22? I initially ordered a Sport last August but fortunately changed to Excel when I spotted the downgrade 

Like the two usb ports in the back, that will please my children but only on the excel! Fortunately the excel was my weapon of choice! 

Does anybody have any views on the MY23? Better / nicer to drive / quieter 

Finally after 13 months yesterday I picked up my Corolla 2.0 HB Excel. Early impressions are there is marked difference in driveability and EV kicks in frequently. 

Happy to answer any questions but give me a few days to get my head around everything especially the Digital Dash.

20230324_075625.thumb.jpg.3a6389d81bee94d8f50f54d77cb3c9f5.jpg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, JohnCorolla27 said:

Finally after 13 months yesterday I picked up my Corolla 2.0 HB Excel. Early impressions are there is marked difference in driveability and EV kicks in frequently. 

Happy to answer any questions but give me a few days to get my head around everything especially the Digital Dash.

20230324_075625.thumb.jpg.3a6389d81bee94d8f50f54d77cb3c9f5.jpg

Looks fantastic! I've got the same colour 1.8 Excel HB on order since Sept. Took a new one for a test drive last week, so I get what you mean about the Digital Dash. Looooaaadss of settings/config to get your head around. Loved it though, enjoy the new car, hopefully well worth the wait! 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:47 AM, Davidz said:

Does anybody have any views on the MY23? Better / nicer to drive / quieter 

From 5:50ish , driving on UK roads feedback 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

Thanks for the video. Honestly this 23 Corolla is indeed the best car in class and likely the best hybrid from all Toyotas currently available. What sets it apart : the 5th gen hybrid system, the safety sense 3, the new digital instruments, the new screen., I can see also reworked suspension, all Corolla looks at least 10mm  higher than before , better for the uk bad roads and also additional door seals. 👍 Was looking around Yaris and Yaris cross, but honestly a Corolla hatch will serve me better if no option to get a TS variant. 👌

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Thanks for the video. Honestly this 23 Corolla is indeed the best car in class and likely the best hybrid from all Toyotas currently available. What sets it apart : the 5th gen hybrid system, the safety sense 3, the new digital instruments, the new screen., I can see also reworked suspension, all Corolla looks at least 10mm  higher than before , better for the uk bad roads and also additional door seals. 👍 Was looking around Yaris and Yaris cross, but honestly a Corolla hatch will serve me better if no option to get a TS variant. 👌

Good to know! Have you had chance yet to test whether your journeys and the car location are being recorded in the MyT app? After 9 months with my MY22 it is still very hit and miss with probably 50% of journeys not recording and the car frequently showing as being in the wrong place.

19 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

Thanks for this, really useful. I went back to my previous forum ‘Alfa Giulia’ they have issues on a gargantuan scale, mine was sold back to Alfa for being rubbish, the only issue we all have is getting one delivered! 😂

• Like 2

Early Days with MY23 2.0 HB but so far

Urban mpg between 55 and 75 mpg and never lower than 50% EV mode, average around 65%

Motorway mpg steady 70-75 mph mpg was 58, with EV around 60%.

Ride is lovely and not too stiff, noise is low on the M/Way. Adaptive Cruise takes some getting use to but works a treat. 

Still lots more to come.....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JohnCorolla27 said:

Screenshot_20230327_145011_MyT.thumb.jpg.a78ba14d14b0871bf1e6d9ec7d635c95.jpg

Driving downhill ? 😂

• Haha 1

And btw about the fuel consumption Toyota trick us all here. The 2.0 version will only deliver better mpg against the 1.8 version if it’s equipped in icon spec car with 16” wheels and in specific testing drives . In my humble experience and opinion I would say that the 1.8 will still be the most efficient one and particularly in town driving, still the lighter car from the two. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvayloK said:

London MPG

Screenshot_2023-03-27-14-59-19-748_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

You need to work on your braking 🙃😉

40 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

And btw about the fuel consumption Toyota trick us all here. The 2.0 version will only deliver better mpg against the 1.8 version if it’s equipped in icon spec car with 16” wheels and in specific testing drives . In my humble experience and opinion I would say that the 1.8 will still be the most efficient one and particularly in town driving, still the lighter car from the two. 👍

Not so sure about that 

4786D2C4-5088-4B20-B5A1-B382AD7EC692.jpeg

Also these numbers are on 18inch wheels

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

You need to work on your braking 🙃😉

Braking is fine. It's a big car TS with 2.0l

And the Battery needs charging. I think Toyota numbers are a bit too good. Real world  MPG is different. And I'm not going to drive like🛶 I like to enjoy the 🚗 

Screenshot_2023-03-27-16-46-07-498_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

1 hour ago, DC_Ms said:

Not so sure about that 

4786D2C4-5088-4B20-B5A1-B382AD7EC692.jpeg

Also these numbers are on 18inch wheels

We will see about fuel consumption. WLTP figures are always different from real world consumption therefore I am suspicious the 2.0 will be more efficient than 1.8. Perhaps on paper only. But anyway, either of the variants  seems like a very good cars. 👍

My CHR averages 60 on local roads and 55 mpg on the motorway. Guess that is more to do with less ev than it is to do with my right foot (honest officer 👮‍♀️)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

We will see about fuel consumption. WLTP figures are always different from real world consumption therefore I am suspicious the 2.0 will be more efficient than 1.8. Perhaps on paper only. But anyway, either of the variants  seems like a very good cars. 👍

Yes , I get it with the WLTP but in real life it will drop for both engines and the difference between the two performances will be maintained. 

8 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I think it is possible that it will be correct with 1 exception.

both 1.8 and 2.0 use the same Battery, with different power output motors presumably with the same efficiency.

the 2.0 engine has energy efficiency of 41% (a record in ICE engines, afaik no other car matches it even).

I think the 1.8 is 38% please correct me if I’m wrong or if anybody has a source.

considering equal efficiency in electric drivetrains, they will be getting their energy from the petrol engine with minimal loss (due to the hybrid system). As long as the 2.0 gets more energy out of each litre of petrol than the extra 45kg weight loss, it will be more efficient.

There will be 2 exceptions, firstly if you tag it you will simply use more energy cos you can pull out more energy from the system.

secondly short drives, especially in the winter, where the ICE runs to get the oil to operating temp. During such drives once the Battery is adequately charged, the system has the petrol engine running without generating electricity where statistically the 1.8 should be more efficient due to smaller components and the decreased efficiency (presumably increased heat loss), however it is possible that the 2.0 switches to direct injection which may be more fuel efficient (which runs on port injection only).

id love for the car care nut channel to make a video comparing these 2 power trains.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnCorolla27 said:

Early Days with MY23 2.0 HB but so far

Urban mpg between 55 and 75 mpg and never lower than 50% EV mode, average around 65%

Motorway mpg steady 70-75 mph mpg was 58, with EV around 60%.

Ride is lovely and not too stiff, noise is low on the M/Way. Adaptive Cruise takes some getting use to but works a treat. 

Still lots more to come.....

What did you get on your previous Corolla?

9 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

I think it is possible that it will be correct with 1 exception.

both 1.8 and 2.0 use the same battery, with different power output motors presumably with the same efficiency.

the 2.0 engine has energy efficiency of 41% (a record in ICE engines, afaik no other car matches it even).

I think the 1.8 is 38% please correct me if I’m wrong or if anybody has a source.

considering equal efficiency in electric drivetrains, they will be getting their energy from the petrol engine with minimal loss (due to the hybrid system). As long as the 2.0 gets more energy out of each litre of petrol than the extra 45kg weight loss, it will be more efficient.

There will be 2 exceptions, firstly if you tag it you will simply use more energy cos you can pull out more energy from the system.

secondly short drives, especially in the winter, where the ICE runs to get the oil to operating temp. During such drives once the battery is adequately charged, the system has the petrol engine running without generating electricity where statistically the 1.8 should be more efficient due to smaller components and the decreased efficiency (presumably increased heat loss), however it is possible that the 2.0 switches to direct injection which may be more fuel efficient (which runs on port injection only).

id love for the car care nut channel to make a video comparing these 2 power trains.

You are not far from the truth, actually very well said 👍 

The 1.8 has 39.8 % thermal efficiency, but that’s not a big deal here.
What is the advantage will be smaller brake discs, wheels, and slightly less total mass of the car. The direct injection will help mostly under heavy load. Toyota hybrids really use the inertia as fuel consumption factor because they are indeed very efficient. The heavier 2.0 car in town has no chance against the lighter 1.8 imo. 
There is also another factor, the car performance  dictates the driver input by much, because we are humans and we have emotions and it will be more difficult to a 2.0 driver to drive on the efficient side in comparison  to the  1.8 version which will promote more relaxed and efficient drive. 
We will see as time goes more and more cars will be delivered to owners and we will get reports from first hand. My heart says 2.0, but my wallet ask for 1.8 👌😂

• Like 1

To be honest it is all about personal preference

I test drove both the My22 1.8 and 2.0. I found on the Motorway the 2.0 was just that bit quieter, refined and flexible. As I travel twice a month to see my Mum in Lincolnshire (from London) I decided to get the 2.0. 80% of my Corolla's life will be in the Uber Dad/Husband role with occasional M/Way trips. I get the 1.8 will be slightly better in MPG but for some people the 2.0 will be a better fit. Its all about Personal Choice and whatever engine/spec/body people have chosen, they are ultimately great cars ! 

As it goes I am happy what my MY23 Corolla 2.0 HB MPG, short urban trips range from 55-75 mpg, squeezing extra mpg by light throttle and regenerative techniques is all possible and M/Way 55-65 Mpg.     

• Like 1

Looks favourable to the 1.5 TSI Skoda still have until get MY23 Corolla 2.0 TS Icon.  

Short Urban (Dads Taxi) lucky to get 38 MPG, motorway get around 49 to 50 MPG.  

As an update my TS 2.0 GR which was pushed out to the end of June ETA is now May so hopefully things are moving again.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links