Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retrofit Cruise Control - Yaris

Tom Bu

Appreciate all your help with this so far. The brake pedal switch is a white/cream colour with a brown fixing nut.

Is the techstream program available to download or do you have to buy software?

Search for Mini-VCI on the likes of eBay, you can run the software supplied or pay Toyota for access by the hour/day

Perfect thanks. From your experience if I get the lead and software do I then just need to 'turn it on' via the Techstream?

i will pm you, No you can not just enable it in software, it either has it or it doesn't

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've just discovered this site and thread after buying a Yaris without cruise fitted. Would it be possible for someone to advise if my car is suitable please? It's a 1.33 MMT 2012 MK3.

NSP130R-CHXNKW

VNKKJ3D310A060513

Thanks!

Have a look under the steering column and see if it is wired

Pins 1 and 2

1458217824_mk3spiralpinout(Small).thumb.png.a4f71e5eb6cce365237039057db2751d.png

Edit. Looking at the EPC it does list the stalk for your vin

• Thanks 1

Quick update: I ordered a cruise lever from Autodoc for ~£30 delivered which included the short cable and fitting screws. After hunting online for a suitable trim panel for the lever to poke through I phoned my local Toyota dealership who ordered the correct one in for me for ~£7!

Installed today in about 15mins and can confirm after a test drive that all is working 😁. Thanks to Flash22 and all other contributors on this thread 👍

• Like 2

Have also looked into this a lot, it has been hard finding any Yaris at around 2010 with CC installed. 
@Giggedy has given me some hope though as I have a 2012 NSP130L-CHFNKW(1B) VIN: VNKKJ3D300A058350.
This is a European car so maybe/maybe not... will go through the recommended checksof cabling etc.

This forum was the first one indicating the ECU might not support it, perhaps it's good not to have wasted money for a lever before checking. 

2010 is a mk2 they never had CC as an option, 2012 is a MK3 and the first year* of CC on the yaris

your VIN show it as not having it but check the wiring under the steering column

if it does, the stalk is part number 84632-34011

Is there a part number for the plastic cover you need to replace (has a hole for the lever)?

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2020 at 5:33 PM, Tom Bu said:

Having purchased a stalk and cable kit (part number 84632), I can now confirm what Bob @flash22 mentioned earlier. My Toyota Yaris now has Cruise Control!!!

It took all of 30min, most of which was figuring out how to take off the Airbag.

Thanks Bob for your help on this.

One last question if someone feels like answering:

To install the new cruise control stalk I had to remove a trim cover (part no. 3071990). Does someone have a part number for a direct replacement Dust cover for the new stalk? Please?

Thanks

IMG_20200504_163050.jpg

Hi Tom,

I wanted to know were you able to find a dust cover / trim for your cruise control? I have the same model but cannot find the the trim for my model. Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links