Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another battery problem

Will004

On 5/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, Will004 said:

First the HUD seems unusable. On the adustment screen it won't move up so I can see it (and maybe it's also not actually on). The yellow bar stays at the bottom.

A late response to this thread. I am not sure how you got this HUD issue resolved. 

I have just experienced another low voltage Battery issue and after charging it back up I noticed the same peculiar behaviour of the HUD. It appeared to have moved by itself to the lowest level. However, it did come up again for me using the adjustment screen. It does seem that the HUD might be resetting to a default position after a power cut.

My experience with the 12V Battery first time round was more positive (sorry no pun intended!) than yours. I trickle charged it overnight and all seemed OK. The car behaved as normal for the following 11 months. I am going to try again after this second more recent Battery drain event. Fingers crossed that I might get away with not replacing it again.

• 10 months later...
On 5/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, Will004 said:

Hi

I foolishly let the auxillary Battery on my Gen 4 go flat and it's barely holding 12v, and only for less than a week. Anyway, my problem is a couple of malfunctions which have appeared since. First the HUD seems unusable. On the adustment screen it won't move up so I can see it (and maybe it's also not actually on). The yellow bar stays at the bottom. Secondly, the clock was out by the best part of an hour but when I finally tried to adjust it the clock settings have disappeared, along with most other settings on the MFD. Have I corrupted the computer? The first time it went flat I let the AA start it but then bought my own jump pack which I've used once. No problem starting it.

Anyone experienced anything similar? The car drives fine and everything else (so far) seems OK. Is there anyway to reset the computer?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

did you sort out your HUD display?

Yes, it went to the dealer once they were taking bookings again. No idea what they did, I'm afraid but they sorted it out. They also kept the car overnight for a good 12v charge. Been fine since but have made sure I do a trip of 15 miles or so at least once a week.

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links