Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Camry Software Update - Apple CarPlay in EU

Aeiria

On 6/1/2023 at 6:08 PM, landjalan said:

Thank you for your help !  Sorry If I ask too many questions, but I want to be 100% certain and not destroy my car.

Which size is required for USB1, USB2 and USB3 ? In other words is 1GB for USB1, 16GB for USB2 and 32GB for USB3 enough or will the update process write more files to the drives ?

How do I get started ? Do I put in USB1 and start the "software update" of the car ?

Where can I find out how to start the "service menu" in my 2020 Camry ? Turning off the screen and swiping 5 times left then 5 times right does not work for me.. I need to find out the RefNo of the Panasonic multimedia system (similar to CV-CS77xxxxx). I really don't want to unscrew any parts of my dashboard...

Thanks a lot in advance, my Camry will love the update 🙂

Hello,

It's not necessary unscrew any parts.

All usb should have FAT32. I have a Spanish manual with all steps but i need time to write this manual in English.

2 hours ago, Abowlyd said:

Please help me friends I live in Saudi Arabia and I need help updating this

EB855194-EFEB-4A92-B9FF-E5D705F2BB1D.jpeg

67C718FF-60F0-456F-B1AC-C6074A9F46CE.jpeg

46793B40-725B-401B-BCA6-DC3B4BDBA918.jpeg

This system is only for Panasonic.

In Fujitsu you need to write a internal memory, it's easy but it's not a pendrive USB 

I don't understand what you mean, can you explain more please. Please Help

20 hours ago, Alcar said:

هذا النظام مخصص لباناسونيك فقط .

في Fujitsu تحتاج إلى كتابة ذاكرة داخلية ، فمن السهل أنها ليست بندريف الولايات المتحدة ب 

I don't understand what you mean, can you explain more please. Please Help

On 6/3/2023 at 10:42 AM, Alcar said:

Hello,

All usb should have FAT32. I have a Spanish manual with all steps but i need time to write this manual in English.

How can I find out how to start the "service menu" in my 2020 Camry ? As suggested swiping left and right 5 times does´nt do it for me.. With the service menu I want find out my device id CV-CS77xxxxx...

On 6/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, Alcar said:

Hello,

How can I find out how to start the "service menu" in my 2020 Camry ? As suggested swiping left and right 5 times does´nt do it for me.. With the service menu i want find out my device id

OK, I found out how I can start the radio "service menu" in my 2020 EU camry. Just press the START button without breaking pad. Then hold the AUDIO button while turning the lights on and off. I found my 2 FROM numbers : FROM CV-CS88E0AJ00 and FROM2 CV-CS88E0AJ03. Which of these do I need and have to put into the file ?

• Like 1

I am still very confused by what I have to do and how.

I got this USB1 folder, inside the folder I change nothing. I guess I use the folder only to start the car software update (right?).

After USB1, when do I need to insert USB2 ?

For USB2 I have to download the file from the polish colleagues ? In my case I downloaded 17TMT2EU-FA10_1170.kwi. I guess again I add this file into the USB2 folder where are a lot of other KWI files. Do I have to rename something here ? My current version is 17TMT2EU-FA00. Will the software update know what to do, or do I have to rename the existing kwi file of USB2 17TMT2EU-FA00_1900.kwi to the newer downloaded file 17TMT2EU-FA10_1170.kwi ?

I guess I try first updating the MEU and then the DCU later if everthing with the MEU worked out fine.

Thanks a lot !!

I got also a question regarding this step in the pdf guide :

It says : "VP_PANA_maker_ID= The id of your MEU, this has no science." But why is he filling in his cars DCU number, instead of the MEU number ? Is it a bug in the guide ? Which number did you guys fill in there ? I got 86140-33D01 (DCU) or 86840-06041 (MEU)...

I followed the guide and now have Android Auto 🙂 but I dont get why my NAV_DB still is 2019_v2..

Audio : 1023

Navigation : 1170

navdb_version : 2019 v2

How do I update navdb version ?

Thanks a lot

2 minutes ago, landjalan said:

I followed the guide and now have Android Auto 🙂 but I dont get why my NAV_DB still is 2019_v2..

Audio : 1023

Navigation : 1170

navdb_version : 2019 v2

How do I update navdb version ?

Thanks a lot

In the Toyota website. Register your car and download new maps.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, landjalan said:

How can I find out how to start the "service menu" in my 2020 Camry ? As suggested swiping left and right 5 times does´nt do it for me.. With the service menu i want find out my device id

OK, I found out how I can start the radio "service menu" in my 2020 EU camry. Just press the START button without breaking pad. Then hold the AUDIO button while turning the lights on and off. I found my 2 FROM numbers : FROM CV-CS88E0AJ00 and FROM2 CV-CS88E0AJ03. Which of these do I need and have to put into the file ?

HI! I am trying to figure out how to do it (@Alcar thanks for the tutorial). @landjalan, since you did it recently, can you please post the answers to your 3 questions ? Might bring some more light over the process! 

Thanks!!

9 hours ago, prajitoruDinOz said:

HI! I am trying to figure out how to do it (@Alcar thanks for the tutorial). @landjalan, since you did it recently, can you please post the answers to your 3 questions ? Might bring some more light over the process! 

Thanks!!

What's your model?😅

On 6/12/2023 at 9:19 PM, Alcar said:

What's your model?😅

Once again, thanks for the terrible amount of time you must have been spent for this tutorial. Below are some questions that I hope will make it easier for future colleagues to do this well desired update. Sorry for long post, but since it’s an expensive part of the car, we should be sure we’re doing it right.  

My starting versions for my 2021 Camry:

DCU: 17TDT2EU-DA01 --- 86140-33D00  

I found on the secret menu 2 versions, CV-CS88E0AJ00 and CV-CS88E0AJ02 . I guess what we are interested in is the first part - CS88E0AJ, right?

MEU: 17TMT2EU-FA00 --- 86840-06041 –

Amigo : 70607b02

I have downloaded the 3 big zip files that were previously posted on this thread.

1.       We start with USB 1 (which is the Harman_Intervention_Script from the 3 downloaded files). If I understand correctly, we don’t alter in any way the content of the files, we take them as they are, put on an USB stick, right? 

2.       USB2 :

For updating to 17TMT2EU-FA10  we have to create a FMU folder and inside it to paste the 17TMT2EU-FA00_1900.kwi or the 17TMT2EU-FA10_XXX.kwi file? Here the questions raised by landjalan are same as  mine. “For USB2 I have to download the file from the polish colleagues ? In my case I downloaded 17TMT2EU-FA10_1170.kwi. I guess again I add this file into the USB2 folder where are a lot of other KWI files. Do I have to rename something here ? My current version is 17TMT2EU-FA00. Will the software update know what to do, or do I have to rename the existing kwi file of USB2 17TMT2EU-FA00_1900.kwi to the newer downloaded file 17TMT2EU-FA10_1170.kwi ?” 

Extra question: Where is this polish source? I can’t find anywhere this 17TMT2EU-FA10_1170.kwi file.

Once we have the USB1 and USB 2 sticks ready, we start the first update. We insert first USB1, go to settings update, wait for finish, insert USB2 and done. Right?

3.       USB3

Here where it gets a little more tricky.

The hexa edit

Here the first issue is that in the downloaded zip I don’t have the 86140-06500 folder. What I have is below.

image.thumb.jpeg.2482438892fad3c2e5884e517f5c93e4.jpeg

Now whenever I get into editing no matter what SYS_SUM_EEPROM.BIN file I choose I get the below result. The problem I  don’t have that 1 in the beginning that you put in red box. I also didn’t understand very well what’s the algorithm for it, starting with my version  CV-CS88E0AJ00. Can you tell how should my file be?

image.thumb.jpeg.c740f9cab9c21fbd93756d07e7d83723.jpeg

At step 5, I understand, I delete the phaseup.dat but I don’t understand what to rename. I have many kwi files. Should I rename all of them or only one (I curr ently have the 17TDT2EU-DA01 version on the car) , and leave that one only? 

image.thumb.jpeg.50864a57920ac57f60ae2f59a4a48f76.jpeg

And thanks a lot for your time!!!!

image.jpeg

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

i recommend reading the guide 2-3 times. some things you only understand afterwards and during the process.

i got the same model as you got except for 86140-33D00 i have 86140-33D01. i did the update and it works.

i also recommend for the sake of divide and conquer doing firstly the usb1-usb2-usb1 update (MEU). afterwards the DCU (USB3 for AA)

AND IN THE END put the newer version of the satnav on top

On 6/12/2023 at 1:00 PM, prajitoruDinOz said:

Thanks!!

which answers specifically are you refering to ? i asked so many questions 😄

ofc i^d be glad to help you, if possible

On 6/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, Alcar said:

In the Toyota website. Register your car and download new maps.

thanks, I hope that, me updating the maps after updating MEU and DCU does not lead to any trouble.

On 6/22/2023 at 8:35 PM, landjalan said:

thanks, I hope that, me updating the maps after updating MEU and DCU does not lead to any trouble.

I succeeded in installing NavDB 2023_v1 on top of the MEU and DCU updates (03-2020 Camry EU).

cheers

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 9:10 PM, landjalan said:

I succeeded in installing NavDB 2023_v1 on top of the MEU and DCU updates (03-2020 Camry EU).

cheers

strangly, the radio "service menu" looks somehow restricted after the updates.. i can not get into sub menues anymore (since they don´t appear anylonger). i also tried to "enable" toyota online which does not work (as mentioned in some post), i would be glad to get that working as well as i would be happy if someone could confirm that their radio "service menu" is also circumcised after the update

8 hours ago, landjalan said:

strangly, the radio "service menu" looks somehow restricted after the updates.. i can not get into sub menues anymore (since they don´t appear anylonger). i also tried to "enable" toyota online which does not work (as mentioned in some post), i would be glad to get that working as well as i would be happy if someone could confirm that their radio "service menu" is also circumcised after the update

I can enter with Toyota TechStream in the "service menu". Of manual way, I have to check.

1 hour ago, Alcar said:

I can enter with Toyota TechStream in the "service menu". Of manual way, I have to check.

what is this, and where can i get this tech stream ? thanks

@Alcar Hi i made SPI Flash dump from Denso 81640-33C80 do You have any idea what to modify to activate AndroidAuto?

There are some interesting places looking like a menu configuration:

image.thumb.png.1c53b110b77570e2234b9a627dfa28ed.png

Finally I had time to setup the Android Auto for my Camry! Great thanks to Alcar for his unconditional desire to help. 

• Thanks 1

Hey - does anyone have the reference number for the following parameters? I really don't want to start disassembling my car to find it out.

Model ID       DCU : 17TDT2EU-DA01
               MEU : 17TMT2EU-FA00

Parts No.      DCU : 86140-33D80
               MEU : 86840-06041

As far as I understand, I should google for "86140-33D80" to find the reference number, but it's not very fruitful.

47 minutes ago, koorankka said:

Hey - does anyone have the reference number for the following parameters? I really don't want to start disassembling my car to find it out.

Model ID       DCU : 17TDT2EU-DA01
               MEU : 17TMT2EU-FA00

Parts No.      DCU : 86140-33D80
               MEU : 86840-06041

As far as I understand, I should google for "86140-33D80" to find the reference number, but it's not very fruitful.

Hi, you don't have to dissaemble the radio. Use secret service menu to get the part numbers.

1 hour ago, dabek86 said:

Hi, you don't have to dissaemble the radio. Use secret service menu to get the part numbers.

I found two values in the service menu that seem relevant, "FROM" and "FROM2". Any idea which one is the relevant one?

20230705_210041.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links