Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Waiting for new Corolla news

PACorolla

How does one start the Corolla hybrid system if your key fobs have run out of Battery? You can open the door but is there a way to start the car?

On that note I can't see how one ca change the batteries in the Corolla Hybrid key fobs, have anyone or do you just get new ones?

• Like 1

Key fob Battery replacement is covered in the full owners manual - around page 477.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HybridLover said:

How does one start the Corolla hybrid system if your key fobs have run out of battery? You can open the door but is there a way to start the car?

On that note I can't see how one ca change the batteries in the Corolla Hybrid key fobs, have anyone or do you just get new ones?

I doubt both fobs would expire at the same time. It is good practice to replace a Battery as soon as you notice the range is reducing, use the spare fob until you have done so. Not sure if you get a low Battery warning in the car? My Mercedes does, so you have time to change the Battery, but Mercedes service supply new batteries for fobs every annual service anyway, which is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys another question, i can get the interior lights coming on when i unlock the car in the dark. But is there anyway of the headlights coming on when you unlock the car. The bmw i used to have had "follow me home lights" which i liked but hoping the corolla has the same 

2 hours ago, Devine said:

Hey guys another question, i can get the interior lights coming on when i unlock the car in the dark. But is there anyway of the headlights coming on when you unlock the car. The bmw i used to have had "follow me home lights" which i liked but hoping the corolla has the same 

I have not tried it myself, as my drive way has a security light that comes on as I approach.

The manual says, switch everything off leaving the headlights on "Auto" ( well we have no option, there is no off switch!), and with the power off , pull the light stalk towards you (as though you were flashing an oncoming vehicle) and release. The headlights will be illuminated for 30 seconds.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Devine said:

The Corolla has "Follow me home" just pull the light switch as thought you are flashing your lights and they will stay on for a short time, there is not function to make them come on when unlocking the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links