Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse beeps

Gerfex

Hi guys, i own a corolla hatchback 2019 hybrid and its the first time after 24 yrs im driving automatic transmission from manual transmission, my little problem is that i want to make some kind of alarm when i put reverse (my frinds yaris 2007 has something similar) it makes beep beep then 2 seconds later again beep beep to tell you that ur on reverse. Any suggestions? Or make something similar with arduino?

Hi,

Taking a signal from the reversing lights power should be easy enough to control a little Arduino Nano with buzzer alarm  or even a simple 555 timer chip which will run directly off 12v and directly drive a small buzzer with up to 200ma.; load of details on the web.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/tools/555-timer-astable-circuit/

As above, the 555 timer chip is the perfect tool for this job. 

As an alternative, these small, ready-built modules are are available for about £3 from China - so delivery isn't very fast.

But it very easy and quick to adjust the timing intervals from the three buttons on the device. It's the 3rd mode (from memory) that gives the phasing that would be relevant to you. 

Then you just need to buy a sounder/buzzer to suit.  The 10 Amp relay is probably overkill in this application, but still...

I've got the W1209 thermostat module which seems to be from the same family.  Surprisingly cheap! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links