Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keyless entry issues

George2576

hi there, I have a RAV4 on 2012 plate. I am having issues with the keyless entry here it is;

so when I go to the car after being on the drive overnight I cannot get the doors to unlock, I hear clunking from the actuators and the indicators go on and off so the car is hearing the remote fob but the doors do not unlock. so I open with the blade key, enter the car and when I press the start button it takes about 3-6 seconds for the starter motor to fire up. Once I have starter her once, the next time I start her the ignition is almost instant as you would expect. Now, back to the doors, so when I press the button on the door card it will lock to doors but when I press to unlock I get nothing, Here is the puzzler, so after about 20 minutes of driving the unlock suddenly begins to work and will continue to work both inside the car and the exterior activators will work. however if I leave the car for say an hour or so, it goes back to its temperamental self and stops working again. I have done the following; had new fobs, replaced main Battery in car to 100AH Battery, replaced the drivers door actuator and had the wiring loops checked to all doors. Sowhat is the issue here Please can someone help?

PS I Have replaced the door button too, no luck, also, when I go to the car in the morning and touch the door handles it clunks and flashes the indicators but won't open doors. my thoughts are that an internal Battery???? is running low or a charge in something is trickling out... just a guess!

So am I the only one with this issue?? please anyone got any ideas its killing me

Any sign of water ingress ? i would suspect the lock module/receiver

hi there, no water ingress that I can see, symptoms are present in all weathers. rain or shine. thank you for taking the time to reply

Just looked at the wiring diagram there are 2 modules the double lock module and the locking receiver the rest is controlled by the main ecu

Further investigation is required with a meter, it could be something as simple a door switch that's intermittent, remove the door switches, clean and inspect

when you say door switches are you referring to the door lock roller or the actuators ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links