Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Tracker

LeonK

Hi There,

I am taking delivery of a new Toyota Yaris GR4 early next year and I want to invest in a S5 Thatcham Tracker to provide extra security

Does anyone have any experience of such systems and can anyone recommend a good manufactutrer and supplier?

Thanks !

Leon

5 minutes ago, LeonK said:

Hi There,

I am taking delivery of a new Toyota Yaris GR4 early next year and I want to invest in a S5 Thatcham Tracker to provide extra security

Does anyone have any experience of such systems and can anyone recommend a good manufactutrer and supplier?

Thanks !

Leon

Leon, A steering wheel locking mechanism will make your car more secure.

A Tracker will only enable you to recover it more quickly after it has been stolen ?

The Yaris, whether GR or otherwise, would already have an immobiliser.

A steering wheel lock such as those tested and recommended by Sold Secure would be worthwhile.

Tracker or Automatrics Mtrack the latter have a YouTube channel, They have pictures of cars stripped right down and still didn't find the tracker and plant and cars recovered very quickly they even tracked 2 boat engines across Europe

A friend has Automatrics on a camper it has RF, GSM and GPS and can be tracked down to within a few feet with RF and triangulated from cell sites as well as gps

https://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

Thanks Flash22.

Very helpful imformation - thanks for your time !

• 2 months later...

Can I ask about the Find my Car feature?  This is obviously not a dynamic tracker but works when static.  How does it work?  Presumably it is far less secure than the Thatcham Tracker and can be removed or disabled.

That's used if you have forgotten where you parked (requires connected services), Automatrics and tracker are Thatcham approved and Sold Secure

flash, thanks, as long as the system was still serviceable I guess it would work as a basic tracker system.  However I guess insurance companies would not count it as such.

How exactly do connected services work?  My car has not sent me its journey details from last Monday yet.  I guess it was powered off before it was sent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links