Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1 hour ago, Bernard Foy said:

Yes I set up the adaptive cruise control at 65mph and it’s a very relaxing drive adapting easily to slower traffic. The car basically drives itself, lane assist keeps you in your lane and I even took my hands off the wheel and after a couple of seconds I got a red hands flashing warning to return my hands on the wheel 😂🤚.

That reflects my own motorway driving experience also. The handling of the uprated suspension on mine makes for a very relaxing and assured drive. I had a test drive over a year ago in one of the earlier GRMN Yaris sport models and my new one feels the same as that on the road.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vinylseats said:

Does it handle okay on the motorway?

Yes. very well in fact. Just set the cruise control, put your hands on the wheel and that's it really.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, flash22 said:

What is the cost of new tyres as they are 16 or 17" rims ?

I don’t know Bob, the tyres that came with the car on 16” rims are Continentals, and I have no notion of changing them for three reasons. 1: I only do about 3500 miles per year, 2: As almost all my journeys are short so road noise wouldn’t be a big issue. 3: If I was constantly on the road driving to make a living then it would be a different story.

• Like 1
I wonder what your views are on what defines a New car. I've just bought a
"New" Yaris.
Just after getting it home I had a flat 12v Battery. This was sorted out and now it's fine.
When I looked at the Dashcam videos, it first went into storage at the dealers, just
over two years ago. Which goes some way to explaining the Battery problem
So my 2021 model is actually a late 2018 model Is this the norm I wonder, to keep
delivery times down ?  Or maybe they got as many in as possible to pre-empt any
problems due to Brexit  ?

3 hours ago, Hadrian1 said:
"New" Yaris.
Just after getting it home I had a flat 12v battery. This was sorted out and now it's fine.
When I looked at the dashcam videos, it first went into storage at the dealers, just
over two years ago. Which goes some way to explaining the battery problem
So my 2021 model is actually a late 2018 model Is this the norm I wonder, to keep

Is it the new shape or old shape?

Frosty will probably be able to tell us for sure, but I think it’s the old generation 3 model. I don’t think they were even manufacturing the new generation 4 models in 2018. The new model didn’t come on the market until 2020. I am open to correction if anyone knows otherwise.

"New" Yaris.
Just after getting it home I had a flat 12v battery. This was sorted out and now it's fine.
When I looked at the dashcam videos, it first went into storage at the dealers, just

Hadrian 1, according to my research TMMF (Toyota Motor Manufacturing France) first started production of the new generation 4 Yaris Hybrid on July 6th 2020. If your car is first registered in the year 2021 it should be regarded as a “New Car” but not the latest model. That’s the only answer I’m willing to commit to 🚘🚗😊

I've just had a look on Auto Trader and there are a few previous model Yaris's registered in 2021 - including one old style "new" 21 reg, despite the fact the newest model has been on sale for a year. This always happens with the changeover of models, with the leftover old stock being sold off at cheaper prices, which is what I imagine the example in question is. It may indeed have sat around for a while unregistered, having been built a year or two ago!

22 hours ago, Hadrian1 said:
"New" Yaris.

I doubt it is 2018 it's more than likely the dash cam has defaulted to when it was made not the car or was not setup, PM me the Vin and i should be able to tell you the build date

• Like 1

Production didn't start till 07/2020 on the gen4 yaris (MXPH11) they are usually built to order with a lead time of 4-8 weeks (Just in time production)

On 4/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, Hadrian1 said:
"New" Yaris.

I've just had the "EC Certificate of Conformity" through the post, and it confirms that our Yaris was built  on 26th November 2020.

As suggested the dash cam probably wasn't set up.

I have also found out how to set the cruise control, which activates the automatic braking.

Only one thing left to discover.  When I press the eco mode button, I get the message "Eco mode unavailable" as well as

"Speed Range Exceeded" can anyone explain please ?, this is when the hybrid Battery is showing about a 60% charge.

I've just had the "EC Certificate of Conformity" through the post, and it confirms that our Yaris was built  on 26th November 2020.

As suggested the dash cam probably wasn't set up.

I have also found out how to set the cruise control, which activates the automatic braking.

Only one thing left to discover.  When I press the eco mode button, I get the message "Eco mode unavailable" as well as

"Speed Range Exceeded" can anyone explain please ?, this is when the hybrid battery is showing about a 60% charge.

If you have read both my and Frosty’s you would have seen that the 4th generation Yaris Hybrid production started in 6th July 2020. Your middle name is not Thomas of the doubting variety hopefully 😂🤣. Stay safe Alan 🚗

1 hour ago, Bernard Foy said:

If you have read both my and Frosty’s you would have seen that the 4th generation Yaris Hybrid production started in 6th July 2020. Your middle name is not Thomas of the doubting variety hopefully 😂🤣. Stay safe Alan 🚗

Yes I had seen both posts  😁🤪

• Like 1