Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Hybrid

Bernard Foy

I like the new Yaris and Yaris cross and particularly their economy, not suitable for my use though. Or perhaps I should be looking for salvage one buy it, cut in two and stretch the body by 1 metre, sound proof it better and enjoy quieter and smoother drive while efficiency remain great 😊👌

• Haha 1

I do wonder what the the 1.5H in the Corolla would be like...

10 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I do wonder what the the 1.5H in the Corolla would be like...

The new 1.8 5th gen hybrid Corolla will be a real deal and perhaps the best ratio performance efficiency. 

• Like 1

Are the specs available for that, esp. the engine? I'm wondering if it's a tweaked 2ZR or if they made an M18A.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Are the specs available for that, esp. the engine? I'm wondering if it's a tweaked 2ZR or if they made an M18A.

It looks like 2ZR with different air intake , different e motors and new Battery new inverter 

• Like 1

What fuel range do people get in their new Yaris on a full tank of petrol? As in the "miles to empty" number on the trip computer. I know it varies depending on style of driving, but a rough number. I know the new Yaris can do a million miles per gallon but with a smallish fuel tank as a prospective buyer I need to know I wouldn't be filling up every few miles!

Yeah it's ~5-10L smaller than previous Yaris fuel tanks.

The 'guess-o-meter', as EV people call it, normally shows ~500 miles on a full tank for me, from normal use.

I'm on an economy run on this tank and it's currently showing 280 miles remaining (270 covered!)

• Like 1

I'll go along with 450 - 500 miles. I've just topped up, £1.89.9 per litre! 376 miles completed, 110 to go (it said), and the brim to brim calculated was 68.3 mpg. The car was telling me 70.4 mpg. I still think these here hybrids are brilliant!

• Like 3

Totally agree! :biggrin: 

This is the first car to have a major mpg improvement - Even diesels can't get 70+mpg this effortlessly. I'm on track for 84mpg on this tank, although I am trying to deliberately. Normally I'm low-mid 70's but having a lot more fun driving it :naughty: :laugh: 

• Like 1

Agreed.
First time a different model from Toyota to get and even beat those numbers that use to be a Prius only field. 👍 I am currently at 62mpg and this is my best I can get out of my 12 years old Auris with mostly motorway driving. Last two days 455 miles with total of 33 litres of petrol., actually for first time I paid that high total price at the pump £65 🥲🥹️. 

How much it cost to fill up Yaris and driving around in town and non-motorway how many mileages it last for? I am thinking of getting new Yaris Hybrid Design as I got £20k cash spare plus my old Toyota Yaris Icon Tech 111HP Petrol Manual only (2019) done 3,700 miles on it. Dealership quoted my old Yaris for £10,900 but I rejected it. Should be £12,150! Cos the car is clean, excellent condition and passed MOT with no advisory with full servicing Toyota Dealership stamped.

Hard to say TBH - When I bought it it was about £35, last fill was £45, next likely to be over £50! :eek: 

Still, could be worse; My old car would have been over £70 and for less miles than this one! :eek: 

On 7/4/2022 at 9:55 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah it's ~5-10L smaller than previous Yaris fuel tanks.

The 'guess-o-meter', as EV people call it, normally shows ~500 miles on a full tank for me, from normal use.

I'm on an economy run on this tank and it's currently showing 280 miles remaining (270 covered!)

12 hours ago, Mike1394 said:

I'll go along with 450 - 500 miles. I've just topped up, £1.89.9 per litre! 376 miles completed, 110 to go (it said), and the brim to brim calculated was 68.3 mpg. The car was telling me 70.4 mpg. I still think these here hybrids are brilliant!

Thanks. That does sound good for such a relatively small fuel tank. I currently drive a Peugeot 208 with a 50L tank which on a full tank regularly tells me has a range of between 450-520 miles, the latter on a long run, which I think is quite impressive for a 1.2 petrol. So it seems the Yaris can get about the same miles to a tank, though has much better MPG and is therefore cheaper to run! The Yaris is certainly very high up on my next car list as and when.

Last 3 tank readings between fill ups in this warmer weather -

All of these are before the low fuel light had come on. Needed to fill up for next long journey so I honestly don’t know what total mileage is possible from almost empty to almost empty. 

This is my 6th Yaris hybrid and I can honestly say I’ve not been driving to encourage better economy although I do drive in a way that suits the hybrid behaviour. After 6 hybrids you kind of know how to best drive these cars.  
You can’t teach it, you just kind of know if that makes sense?

If I really tried I’m sure I could easily exceed 500 miles, especially in this warmer weather. 

• Like 3

That's what's so great about the car - You don't have to drive it efficiently to get good mpg; It's the first true major improvement in efficiency the whole automotive industry has had in ages!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 2:00 AM, Vinylseats said:

Thanks. That does sound good for such a relatively small fuel tank. I currently drive a Peugeot 208 with a 50L tank which on a full tank regularly tells me has a range of between 450-520 miles,... So it seems the Yaris can get about the same miles to a tank, though has much better MPG and is therefore cheaper to run! The Yaris is certainly very high up on my next car list as and when.

You are considering the same change I made, mine was a 208 EAT6. The Yaris uses about 30-35% less fuel than the 208, and in reality gets more out of a tank than I did with the Peugeot. Generally < 600 km with the 208 and more like 500, whereas the Yaris regularly gets me 600 or more. I've never put more than 27 litres, so far, into the Yaris. Some fill ups with the 208 were closer to 45litres but mostly 35-40 litres.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links