Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

1 minute ago, JayEssE said:

Like others, my car is stuck at Zeebrugge. I was given an expected delivery date of the 10th January but the dealer is now saying the 17th February. If that ends up being the case I’ll ask them to register it on the 1st March.

seems like I'm not alone 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, cbren said:

Well It's finally new car day on Friday! It was ordered mid March, Went into build on 27th November and arrived at the dealership this Monday. It's been a long wait but got there in the end! (GR Sport, Bi-tone with city pack)

Hope others who ordered around this time have theirs arriving soon!

8th March we ordered ours - exactly the same config. Glad yours has arrived. 😀

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChrisWilko said:

8th March we ordered ours - exactly the same config. Glad yours has arrived. 😀

Mine was ordered on the 14th March. Seems like I got lucky and it arrived in Toton via rail a couple of weeks after build, rather than coming via sea.

Hope yours isn't too much longer! 🤞

• Like 2

It's finally here! And well worth the wait. I'm really impressed. Was a bit worried as to how it would be on the motorway after the last couple of cars I've had being big diesel Mercs, but it's absolutely fine. It almost drives itself with adaptive cruise and lane trace switched on. Averages 55-60 mpg without even trying. Great purchase 🤑

IMG_20221224_002313.jpg

IMG_20221224_002414.jpg

• Like 13

14 hours ago, cbren said:

It's finally here! And well worth the wait. I'm really impressed. Was a bit worried as to how it would be on the motorway after the last couple of cars I've had being big diesel Mercs, but it's absolutely fine. It almost drives itself with adaptive cruise and lane trace switched on. Averages 55-60 mpg without even trying. Great purchase 🤑

IMG_20221224_002313.jpg

IMG_20221224_002414.jpg

They're great looking cars, IMO. Glad you're happy with it. Nail biting wait for ours now! 😆

• Like 4

The bi tone black white contrast makes it look nice 👏🏻

• Like 4

I have been keen to get an AWD Cross and planned to get one later next year when, hopefully, availability got a bit better. Circumstances, however, made me frantically search for one a few days ago (new or used). Thankfully, I have managed to get an ex-demo one with only 72 miles on the clock (2021 model, Sep 2022 first registration). It is a Dynamic model. Based on previous posts I now need to look into the safety recall issue before the car is delivered (expected in the next few days ).

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tonycu said:

Pick our new hybrid Yaris icon  up on Saturday ordered in June  can't wait 

Great news!

Mine is being delivered on Tuesday, decided to wait for 2023 registration.

Does it make much of a difference  which side of the new year a vehicle is registered if the plate is still a 72? Should still be a a MY23 car.

8 hours ago, ISL said:

Great news!

Mine is being delivered on Tuesday, decided to wait for 2023 registration.

Have you done any paperwork or chosen a registration?

I went to view my car today! Not the premium Edition as ordered but a Gr Sport and it didn’t have the packages that was ordered! It was assumed that I would love the car and buy it anyway! Garage informed me they didn’t know it didn’t have the packages on the safety one being the reason I was buying. I was informed that they couldn’t put it on after market and expected me to buy at the same price because they had sent a GR sport instead at a higher price but I wouldn’t be charged any extra!  To say I am disappointed is not anywhere near it. I walked away because I only bought due to package offers so there is a GR sport which will be put back into circulation so someone might be getting there car earlier than expected! So it’s goodbye from me as I continue my search! 

• Sad 2

That's just ridiculous! I don't know why they suddenly seem to think changing the spec without the purchaser's consent is acceptable; They should at least have informed you to discuss!

It reminds me of a comic where a man orders an office chair from eBay and receives a bobcat instead... :confused1:

Please e-mail cr@toyota.co.uk with your experience and see what they say as you're not the first person who's reported such a thing happening with their order...

I do wonder if dealers were forced to return the cars to central distribution rather than be allowed to sell them on, if they'd keep doing this, as some have suggested a few dealers are doing this deliberately to get around the ban from ordering cars for stock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Have you done any paperwork or chosen a registration?

All done three weeks ago now.  Have been on holiday in Florida just returning back to the UK in time for Christmas so made no sense to collect until the New Year. Decided to delay registration for a month allowing it to be registered as a 2023 car, which will also make a difference on future value.

• Like 2

It's horse poo they don't know the spec...which makes them not knowing the product they are selling. Unacceptable. All the wait like 6 months, planning and perhaps selling current car or lease finish. It's really unacceptable, they should be named and shamed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ISL said:

All done three weeks ago now.  Have been on holiday in Florida just returning back to the UK in time for Christmas so made no sense to collect until the New Year. Decided to delay registration for a month allowing it to be registered as a 2023 car, which will also make a difference on future value.

Make sure you double check because they’re pushing 2022 registrations.  

• Like 2

I had the same dilemma when my car arrived just before Christmas.  Should I register it now or wait until January 2023.  It’s a bit of a juggling act if you are depending on a depreciating trade in value from the price I was given in May 2022  At the end of the day I was given a really good final trade in deal and just wanted the purchase to be completed as soon as possible.  Only time will tell if I made the right decision.

• Like 3

I was very much pressured to register the car before end-December, somewhat less pressure to complete the sale before end-Dec. If I didn't have a personal plate (and thus the dealer needed the retention certificate) I'm pretty convinced the dealer would have gone ahead and registered the car. I was even emailed asking me if I could scan and email the retention certificate if I couldn't get into the dealership in time

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Make sure you double check because they’re pushing 2022 registrations.  

Yes I have and will be registered 2023.  👍

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SinglePointSafety said:

I was very much pressured to register the car before end-December, somewhat less pressure to complete the sale before end-Dec. If I didn't have a personal plate (and thus the dealer needed the retention certificate) I'm pretty convinced the dealer would have gone ahead and registered the car. I was even emailed asking me if I could scan and email the retention certificate if I couldn't get into the dealership in time

I sold my car privately in anticipation of receiving my car in September which never happened. Got a good price back then so completely understand you getting the deal done. My car arrived at the dealership a few days before I was going on holiday otherwise if it had arrived a couple of weeks earlier I would have taken delivery.  Looking forward to enjoying the fuel savings to offset the 25mpg I am currently getting 😊

• Like 1

That's all good news ISL. My dealer certainly registered my car (with my consent) a few days ago, because of the Toyota mandate to register in December, and when it looked like end-December collection might not happen (it did: collected new car today!)

• Like 6

Buying cars is now a completely different experience from a few years ago.  Although I was happy with my final trade in price, if I was going to buy a new car today, I would be very assertive in negotiating a discount on a car that wouldn’t be be delivered for 6-7. months.  Selling your old car to the various “buy you car” type of businesses is now quite common and as long as your car is in excellent condition it may be better than relying on the old trade in system.

• Like 3

On 12/24/2022 at 12:29 AM, cbren said:

IMG_20221224_002313.jpg

IMG_20221224_002414.jpg

That’s a really cool looking car, especially with the black roof.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 8:07 AM, Tonycu said:

Pick our new hybrid Yaris icon  up on Saturday ordered in June  can't wait 

Brilliant news! Mine was also ordered in June and left the factory on the 7th December but still showing as being at Zeebrugge. I think it’s decided to stay in Belgium. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JayEssE said:

Brilliant news! Mine was also ordered in June and left the factory on the 7th December but still showing as being at Zeebrugge. I think it’s decided to stay in Belgium. 

Ours has been in zeebrugge since 19/11. Hoping it might be arriving at Grimsby today. Sea Cruiser 2 moored up. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links