Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

22 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

@Big_D can I ask if your Excel had the tech pack ?
If so, was it fitted ?

Hi Graham, I ordered our Excel back in Dec last year (!) with a tech pack so I am interested to know if it will have it fitted as it is no longer an option. Also I was a bit unsure about the light interior so it will be interesting to see how I feel about it when it finally arrives.

Had a call today to say my car has arrived at the dealer, but will now have to wait until the New Year before I can collect.

image.thumb.png.8b22a12fbcecdcebf6cf31a874e1f0d2.png

• Like 1

My wife car has finally arrived and is due to be picked up this weekend. Car was originally ordered in Jan 2022 and after almost 12 months the car is here. 

For reference the car in question is a Yaris Excel with the Tech pack (HUD and JBL) in dacuma gray.

In comparison my Supra 3.0 took only 7 months.

Will post some pic.

• Like 4

New car day.....woohoo!!

Ordered June 10th

Collected December 2nd

Standard Yaris GR Sport.

PXL_20221202_131137142.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 6

Just been sent a few pictures of mine sitting in the compound.  Panoramic sunroof looks great.

7C00E0A7-439A-4373-9474-49F44F4672C2.thumb.jpeg.ecd0388545ec97e375e23a3ad1fd9ac0.jpegC252BEB9-883D-45D0-A28D-AF53169DE561.thumb.jpeg.9fe9fa45532d6ba588365edf61c8a3f8.jpeg21F89752-9961-4509-8B29-0BD8006E14AE.thumb.jpeg.f49054396002b73f5973501caeea91ca.jpeg1DCCD095-A0F3-484F-BE95-418EA668719E.thumb.jpeg.646de134e4cb9af20ff8623ea0425d81.jpeg

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, ISL said:

Looks super @Kevlar76 liking the white 👍

Thanks very much 👏

I went for the basic white 'cos I'm cheap, but actually, it suits it well.

I've been told that Toyota have today stopped doing it in bi-tone......so no more black roofs if that's true.

• Like 2

I know some people are not keen on white cars but I really like the colour, especially when coupled with contrasting black wheels, panels and tinted windows.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ISL said:

Just been sent a few pictures of mine sitting in the compound.  Panoramic sunroof looks great.

7C00E0A7-439A-4373-9474-49F44F4672C2.thumb.jpeg.ecd0388545ec97e375e23a3ad1fd9ac0.jpegC252BEB9-883D-45D0-A28D-AF53169DE561.thumb.jpeg.9fe9fa45532d6ba588365edf61c8a3f8.jpeg21F89752-9961-4509-8B29-0BD8006E14AE.thumb.jpeg.f49054396002b73f5973501caeea91ca.jpeg1DCCD095-A0F3-484F-BE95-418EA668719E.thumb.jpeg.646de134e4cb9af20ff8623ea0425d81.jpeg

Glad to hear your car has arrived at last Shaun: if you recall we both ordered white Design models in February and mine arrived late July (presumably because it's standard spec unlike yours) so four months difference. Why aren't you taking delivery until January? Are you waiting to register a 2023 car instead of 2022? I waited too - didn't pick mine up until September as decided to wait for the new 72 plate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiral82 said:

Glad to hear your car has arrived at last Shaun: if you recall we both ordered white Design models in February and mine arrived late July (presumably because it's standard spec unlike yours) so four months difference. Why aren't you taking delivery until January? Are you waiting to register a 2023 car instead of 2022? I waited too - didn't pick mine up until September as decided to wait for the new 72 plate. 

Yes I remember, how's the car going, was it a good choice?  Are you forever washing it being white?  The car definitely suits white, good contrast with the black details, however I do also like some of the metallic colours particularly the scarlet flare.

With the delivery, I would have collected had it been delivered perhaps a few weeks back, but will be on holiday in America from 10th December and not back until 21st it made sense to collect in the New Year.  Have already done the paperwork, so have the reg number and date of registration stated as 3rd January 2023.  So like yourself made sense just wait a little longer (in your case to get the 72 reg and my case get the 2023 registration)

Just got to sort out my GAP insurance before I collect.

2 hours ago, Jimota said:

I know some people are not keen on white cars but I really like the colour, especially when coupled with contrasting black wheels, panels and tinted windows.

Yep, certain cars suit different colours and agree the Yaris looks great in white, good contrast with the black details as you say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ISL said:

…..made sense just wait a little longer (in your case to get the 72 reg and my case get the 2023 registration)…..

You won’t “get the 2023 registration “.

That won’t be issued until 1 March.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

But the car will legally be a 2023 car if first registered from 1st January 2023 - nothing to do with model year.

• Like 1

Hi @Graham47

Yes. It had the Tech Pack and panoramic roof. Both had been fitted as ordered. 

Used the HUD for the first time last night,and cranked up the JBL system this morning. 👍

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Totally, it was just to have the car registered as a 2023 car.

Many years ago I imported a car from Denmark (collected it myself) in December on import plates.  I already had a UK plate ready, but just waited until 1st January to register it.

59 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Hi @Graham47

Yes. It had the Tech Pack and panoramic roof. Both had been fitted as ordered. 

Used the HUD for the first time last night,and cranked up the JBL system this morning. 👍

excellent . i am waiting for the excel with tech pack. is the multimedia screen 10 inch new model or the old style . it would be good if i get the new style one . wont be a problem even if its the old style one if i have the tech pack

If I remember correctly, I think we were told it was the new 9" screen. I know it has Satnav and wireless carplay

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ISL said:

Yes I remember, how's the car going, was it a good choice?  Are you forever washing it being white?  The car definitely suits white, good contrast with the black details, however I do also like some of the metallic colours particularly the scarlet flare.

With the delivery, I would have collected had it been delivered perhaps a few weeks back, but will be on holiday in America from 10th December and not back until 21st it made sense to collect in the New Year.  Have already done the paperwork, so have the reg number and date of registration stated as 3rd January 2023.  So like yourself made sense just wait a little longer (in your case to get the 72 reg and my case get the 2023 registration)

Just got to sort out my GAP insurance before I collect.

I'm delighted with the car; definitely a good choice - I'd been a happy VW owner for nine years over two cars so a bit of a wrench 'moving' in some ways but happy to have done so.

Fuel economy has been wonderful - 70-75 MPG - and I think it's a great all rounder: very good in town particularly with auto and the hybrid system but also great on longer runs especially with the cruise control. As regards the white; I've tended to have pale metallics in the past as I find them good for minimising dirt etc, but chose white really to save money plus I think it does look good on the Yaris with its black trim, partly black wheels etc. I'm glad Toyota don't offer some awful colour as the 'no cost standard' offering as some other makes do. 

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Yaris once you take delivery.

• Like 6

Finally something’s happening. I imagine Christmas will slow things down but hopefully it won’t be too long 🤞🏻.

BA1596A4-6CD0-4399-AF73-9D8D54EFA1FF.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayEssE said:

Finally something’s happening. I imagine Christmas will slow things down but hopefully it won’t be too long 🤞🏻.

Great news, hopefully should be with you sometime in January. Mine took around 5 weeks to reach the dealer after going into build.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayEssE said:

Yay, amazing news! Out of curiosity, what letters does your order number start with please?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S_Plym said:

Yay, amazing news! Out of curiosity, what letters does your order number start with please?

LC. I ordered it at the end of June

• Like 3

Mine has also gone into build today. Black design with pano roof and parking sensor pack. Ordered mid March order number KW3xxx

Dealer has said it should arrive late December/early January 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ISL said:

Great news, hopefully should be with you sometime in January. Mine took around 5 weeks to reach the dealer after going into build.

When I ordered it they said the expected delivery date was the 10th January so hopefully it’s reasonably on schedule. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayEssE said:

LC. I ordered it at the end of June

Fantastic! Yours is the first ‘L’ I’ve heard of go into build! Mine is L too so that gives me hope

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links