Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

23 hours ago, S_Plym said:

Morning All,

Wondering what everyone’s experience is of getting responses from their dealer? I’ve emailed the salesperson and the actual dealership over a week ago to check on whether a March delivery is still likely and not received a response. I’m going to go in person this weekend, but getting the feeling that their customer service was only excellent when they wanted me to buy the car!

I know it’s busy, and they may not have any info but I would much rather they say that than ignore me completely. Anyone else had the same problem?

Have you tried phoning too?

40 minutes ago, JakesYarisHybrid said:

Have you tried phoning too?

I find it difficult during work hours due to a busy schedule but hoping to go in tomorrow! Perhaps the emails didn’t go through properly 😊

Collected ours this morning. 🙂

Super happy with it. It's a great looking thing and drives better than I remember.

IMG_20230113_124740.jpg

IMG_20230113_132444.jpg

• Like 12

19 hours ago, ChrisWilko said:

Super happy with it. It's a great looking thing and drives better than I remember.

IMG_20230113_124740.jpg

IMG_20230113_132444.jpg

Can you take a photo of that exhaust embellishment showing how it attaches to the exhaust 👍

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 5:59 AM, S_Plym said:

Morning All,

Wondering what everyone’s experience is of getting responses from their dealer? I’ve emailed the salesperson and the actual dealership over a week ago to check on whether a March delivery is still likely and not received a response. I’m going to go in person this weekend, but getting the feeling that their customer service was only excellent when they wanted me to buy the car!

I know it’s busy, and they may not have any info but I would much rather they say that than ignore me completely. Anyone else had the same problem?

As an update, I popped into the dealership today and the salesperson had been unwell, so that explains the lack of reply! 

They checked expected delivery and it’s been pushed back to May/June, so that’s disappointing but nothing anyone can do. Good job everyone seems to think they’re worth the wait!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, anchorman said:

Can you take a photo of that exhaust embellishment showing how it attaches to the exhaust 👍

Sure. I'll grab a photo in the morning.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 2:55 PM, ChrisWilko said:

Exact same as mine which i pick up this week hopefully, will like to compare the colour of my launch with it side by side. 

• Like 1

Bit of an odd one this and wondering if anyone has had a similar experience…

My mother in law ordered a Yaris design in June 2022, on an APR deal of 1.9% from Macklin Motors Toyota dealership in Glasgow. The car has now arrived.

However, they’re claiming they lost all her finance details (so I’m not sure how they know that car is hers…) and they’ve said if she wants it she’ll have to do a new deal at 9.9% and with a higher balloon payment. They are increasing their dealer contribution to keep the payments only £20 a month more. 

A load of BS, I know…!!

anyway, just wondering if anyone had come across anything similar at either this dealership, or any other for that matter?

• Like 3

They lost it, their problem. Definitely reject the new Apr. Your MiL should have confirmation emails for the finance package and monthly payment etc. 

• Like 4

Agree - there should be an electronic record of the finance. I ordered mine on a 0% finance deal last March and when the car was delivered a couple of weeks ago that deal was honoured.

• Like 4

Agreed - If she signed the papers already it's binding, both ways, they can't just alter the deal darth vader style.

Their incompetence isn't her problem.

It might be worth contacting Toyota UK's customer services for some extra leverage if they really try to push that narrative.

• Like 3

This is what I’m telling her, it’s their problem, not hers, and there should be a record of the order. Once it’s locked in, it’s locked in.

Im just stunned they’re trying it on like that and wondered if anyone had ever come across such nonsense before?

A a very strongly worded email is going to get sent to Toyota UK’s head of customer service and managing director, directly if this isn’t sorted out…

• Like 4

Your MIL should have a copy of the agreement shouldn’t she?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Trg1244 said:

Bit of an odd one this and wondering if anyone has had a similar experience…

My mother in law ordered a Yaris design in June 2022, on an APR deal of 1.9% from Macklin Motors Toyota dealership in Glasgow. The car has now arrived.

However, they’re claiming they lost all her finance details (so I’m not sure how they know that car is hers…) and they’ve said if she wants it she’ll have to do a new deal at 9.9% and with a higher balloon payment. They are increasing their dealer contribution to keep the payments only £20 a month more. 

A load of BS, I know…!!

anyway, just wondering if anyone had come across anything similar at either this dealership, or any other for that matter?

Hi

ive seen this a few times now on various posts in the past on twitter!

the small print when ordering it says you get apr for car registered by a certain date! So I’ve found this 

Advertised finance offer: : is available on Personal Contract Purchase on the vehicle specified in this quote when financed between 1st April 2022 and 30th June 2022 through Toyota Financial Services and registered by 30th September 2022 at participating Centres.

https://www.johnsonscars.co.uk/hybrid-electric/new-offers/toyota-yaris-hybrid/

if that’s the same deal than 1.9 was only valid for cars registered by 30th sept therefore they wouldn’t have honoured it! So will only let you have it at current rate!

• Like 3

Well that raises the question why would they agree to do a deal back in June 22 at 1.9%, knowing full well the car wouldn’t be delivered until January 23, and not highlighting that tiny detail to the customer…?

However,  the main source of contention is that they are claiming they have somehow lost all the original finance details and are having to now create a new finance agreement, and the system won’t allow a finance rate of 1.9% anymore as the current one is 9.9%.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Trg1244 said:

Well that raises the question why would they agree to do a deal back in June 22 at 1.9%, knowing full well the car wouldn’t be delivered until January 23, and not highlighting that tiny detail to the customer…?

However,  the main source of contention is that they are claiming they have somehow lost all the original finance details and are having to now create a new finance agreement, and the system won’t allow a finance rate of 1.9% anymore as the current one is 9.9%.

It’s the same with every pcp apr! States in small print a registration date! 

current deal here with Ron brooks 

Model shown is MY23 Yaris Cross Design 1.5 VVT-i Auto FWD £26,655 including optional Metallic paint at £615. Prices correct at time of being published. *9.9% APR Representative and £1,750 Finance Deposit Allowance only available on new retail orders of Yaris Cross between 9th November 2022 and 31st March 2023 and registered and financed through Toyota Financial Services by 30th September 2023 on a 42 month AccessToyota (PCP) plan with 0%-35% deposit

must be registered by 30th September

I’m not disputing that’s what the small print says, and it highlights the importance of making sure you do read it. But it seems a little off…

I can imagine there would be a few  people enticed by a salesman offering an attractive APR and signing up, but salesman not saying ‘by the way, you’ve no chance of actually getting this as the car won’t be delivered in time’.

As I recall, the salesman was particularly keen to highlight the 1.9% and the deal needing to be done by 30th of June to take advantage of it…

Again, this isn’t what they appear to be saying though. It’s a case of them claiming they’ve lost the original finance documents and ‘computer says no’.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Let’s face it, a lot of people, particularly if they aren’t interested in cars,  often treat buying one in the same way that they would buy a fridge freezer, and are just going to take at face value what a dealer is telling them.

Namely, you want this car, it will be delivered in 6 months but sign now to take advantage of the APR deal…

• Like 4

There is someone here who said their dealer state the finance package would be honour for a year. In any case, if that dealer don't play ball, phone/write to Toyota uk and make her grievance heard.

• Like 4

I ordered my car on 16th February on 0% and collected it on 3rd January, a couple of weeks ago. This admittedly was 4 months late, but the finance package was still honoured. I will have to check the small print but as far as I was concerned I signed the paperwork agreeing 0%, so even if the car was delivered 2 years later that should not change. Any variation should definitely be highlighted by the dealer at the time of order placement. Also not sure why different dealers have different policies as Toyota website advertises PCP finance package through the configurator. I remember using this several times to compare models and options.

I would say this is a case for the finance ombudsman.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ISL said:

I ordered my car on 16th February on 0% and collected it on 3rd January, a couple of weeks ago. This admittedly was 4 months late, but the finance package was still honoured. I will have to check the small print but as far as I was concerned I signed the paperwork agreeing 0%, so even if the car was delivered 2 years later that should not change. Any variation should definitely be highlighted by the dealer at the time of order placement. Also not sure why different dealers have different policies as Toyota website advertises PCP finance package through the configurator. I remember using this several times to compare models and options.

Thanks for that 👍

• Like 3

I never wanted a Toyota as they used to look very ugly and some people say they're not appealing. I disagree! I'm very pleased to have purchased my 4th Yaris (second being a hybrid). An excellent car for my needs being extremely reliable and a fantastic car for commuting.

Order date: 6th June 2022.

Collection date: 17th January 2023.

I'll probably return to the forum to read your posts but won't be active on here as much. Very happy with my purchase. I saw over 80mpg quite frequently in the warm temperatures during the summer and often getting over 50% in electric mode on a journey in my 1st MK4 excel. Highly recommend! All the best with yours.

IMG_7862.jpg

1 hour ago, ISL said:

At the end of the day the contract is with the dealer rather than the manufacturer. It may be worthwhile pursuing the issue with senior management at the dealer - dealer principal or someone at the group's head office.

• Like 5

My wife's Yaris was ordered in March when PCP deal was 0%, with an expected delivery date of Sept but we were aware it could be later than that. We specifically asked what would happen to the finance deal if it was delayed (Sept was also beyond the "registered by" date on the T&C's) and we were assured it would be honoured. However, as the delivery got pushed out further and further and interest rates started to rise, when we asked during update chase calls, they started to be less sure of that. On the last call before it actually arrived, they said they should be able to honour it if the car arrived in the first couple of weeks in January. I expected a battle and when through the paperwork and the way I see it, we only got a finance quote, which states in the small print it was only valid for 7 days. The issue is, I don't think it is normal to sign the finance deal until the car has arrived, or shortly before. So you haven't signed a finance contract when you order the car. You only provide details for the quote, which they keep on record.

Thankfully the car arrived in the first week of January and they honoured the finance deal but still only after getting approval from Toyota Finance. I'd say it's the finance provider that control this rather than the dealer. However if the details have got lost, it could be the finance provider saying they have no record of the quote details and thinking the dealer is trying to get the customer a better deal (maybe?).

I was expecting the worst in our case and was preparing for battle and some negotiations on how they were going to adjust dealer contribution and PX values to offset the increased payments. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I ordered our Yaris in Dec 21 and took delivery in Dec 22. Toyota honoured the Dec 21 deal and improved on the part ex price even though the trade in car was a year older.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links