Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

oh god no 😞 I just ordered through toyota site. Should I have done that?

Cancelled it! Cite mistake/change of circumstance. Have u paid a deposit? Still can get it back. 

http://www.carwow.co.uk

They are a broker, still direct u to a Toyota dealership but cheaper than going direct. Everything is then done between u and the cheapest Toyota dealer. 

You'll pay full whack if ordering it through Toyota directly - Sites like carwow (Other sites exist) are often able to offer deals at near the maximum discount you'd be able to haggle from a dealer, so they're often better choices to order from if you're ordering purely online.

I was about to criticise purchasing on a whim like that - I'd always recommend people do some due diligence and research before ordering something so expensive! - but I effectively ordered mine in blind rage so that'd be kinda hypocritical... :unsure:

• Like 2

If you don't want to use a site like Carwow, you could always speak directly to a Toyota Dealer. I bought my wife's Yaris and my C-HR through a Dealer, and got a really good discount and finance deal on both

• Like 1

The sites like CarWow will be selling the current model - the upgraded ones should be available for ordering now with delivery early 2024. Ask if the order is for the MY24 - if not give that as the reason for cancelling and go to CarWow if you want the current model. 

• Like 1

Better still wait for sept to get the 130hp or just new MY24. Drive a deal is another broker, currently don't have Toyota on the list for some reason. 

The issue is there arent many with the pearlescent white paint that I want. I have looked everywhere for one brand new (Excel)

Not the Pearlescent platinum white?

Screenshot_2023-07-30-05-55-43-385_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e96bc9c09983c06b75f939c8f7c9e3da.jpg

16 hours ago, jenniferbubbles said:

Just ordered it on a whim! whoops

The paint and the wheels won’t make a difference.  It’s things like mudflaps (not currently available anyhow) and tow bar that slow things down.  I’ve got pearl white but the pearl red is gorgeous.   Anchorwoman wouldn’t let me have red!

• Like 1

Well... It's the end of the month and zero sign of progression.

Are Toyota building any more of this current version in August before switching to MY24 production?

I can't see how they can do a build in August for August delivery unless they do it within the next week.

2 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Well... It's the end of the month and zero sign of progression.

Are Toyota building any more of this current version in August before switching to MY24 production?

I can't see how they can do a build in August for August delivery unless they do it within the next week.

It's just about feasible but September is a good month for a new car!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Cancelled it! Cite mistake/change of circumstance. Have u paid a deposit? Still can get it back. 

http://www.carwow.co.uk

They are a broker, still direct u to a Toyota dealership but cheaper than going direct. Everything is then done between u and the cheapest Toyota dealer. 

Thanks so much for your help btw. I have contacted my local dealer and cancelled the order online. Hopefully I can get the 250 back I paid online to secure it.

On 7/29/2023 at 9:29 PM, wivenhoe said:

The sites like CarWow will be selling the current model - the upgraded ones should be available for ordering now with delivery early 2024. Ask if the order is for the MY24 - if not give that as the reason for cancelling and go to CarWow if you want the current model. 

Don't understand any of that.

1: Sites like carwow are brokers, they do not sell cars, they put you in contact with a main dealer. You buy the car off a Toyota dealer just as you would if you had contacted that dealer direct.

2: MY24 ?  Well you may be able to order one of those but don't expect any discount at this stage. What MY24 means is potentially better discounts on current model.

3: What's all this give it a reason for cancelling lark? Jenniferbubbles said she ordered the car thru the Toyota site therefore she's covered by the distance selling act. If you buy a car without visiting a dealer you can just cancel. ( which is the case if you placed an order thru the dealer a broker like Carwow ). Any deposit has to be returned in full.

Bottom line is that buying online gives the consumer more protection / flexibility than if they were to walk thru the dealers door and sign documents.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Additional info:

Of course buying via a broker means the dealer may be some distance away / located at the other side of the country. Circumstances can arise where post sale, it's advantagous to speak to that dealership in person as they may physically need to see the car themselves.

Up to individual to determine if that's a risk worth taking. Speaking from personal experience, I'll never buy a car again from a dealership that's say more than a few hours drive away.

5 hours ago, anchorman said:

It's just about feasible but September is a good month for a new car!!!

It sure is! I'm more interested in getting bumped to the new model (if it isn't too early for that to happen).

• Like 1

Ordered my excel in April and told delivery Sept/ Oct. On the my T app, all that has shown is order being processed. That is until yesterday evening when not only has it changed to being built, but the build being finished , shipped and with the dealer! All in 1 day.
only issue is that we have a lease car that does not go back until Oct , so it really does suit us not to have it until late September . Is this usual for the delivery estimate to be so widely out. And can we insist that we don’t pick it up until September . We are due to have paint protection applied, think that is done at the dealers

2 hours ago, Onelatgo said:

Ordered my excel in April and told delivery Sept/ Oct. On the my T app, all that has shown is order being processed. That is until yesterday evening when not only has it changed to being built, but the build being finished , shipped and with the dealer! All in 1 day.
only issue is that we have a lease car that does not go back until Oct , so it really does suit us not to have it until late September . Is this usual for the delivery estimate to be so widely out. And can we insist that we don’t pick it up until September . We are due to have paint protection applied, think that is done at the dealers

Phone and ask. 

Mine a design ordered mid Feb and picked up 3 weeks ago, 5 months. Original ETA were for december. I will write an update on how I find it compared to the MK3 in about a month, need to do a long distance drive. So far it's so much better 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/30/2023 at 12:52 AM, jenniferbubbles said:

The issue is there arent many with the pearlescent white paint that I want. I have looked everywhere for one brand new (Excel)

Edited post - forgot this was for the Yaris not Cross

Edited by Baytree

Spoke to the dealer today...it's in transit and will be here in the next two weeks for September pick-up!!! :yahoo:

Anyone relying on the app...forget it. Seems Toyota aren't updating the status.

• Like 1

Ask them to register it for sept 73 plate. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Ask them to register it for sept 73 plate. 

It will be!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Yaris Excel on order since early March. I was given a September ETA at the time. A few weeks later, I was given a specific September 20th ETA.

Last week, I was told by the dealer it would be arriving on the 17th August.

Today I've been told it's been pushed back to second week of September, due to some transport issues with the Yarises coming from France. At least I'll get the 73 plates now. 

Oh, and the MyT app still shows the initial status (Processing order). 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 12:24 PM, crayman said:

I've had a Yaris Excel on order since early March. I was given a September ETA at the time. A few weeks later, I was given a specific September 20th ETA.

Last week, I was told by the dealer it would be arriving on the 17th August.

Today I've been told it's been pushed back to second week of September, due to some transport issues with the Yarises coming from France. At least I'll get the 73 plates now. 

Oh, and the MyT app still shows the initial status (Processing order). 

The storm caused some issues with the ships. One of The frequent ships transporting ships in that sea, Danube Highway, had probably somehing happen to it for example. As it's route got delayed by almost two weeks and then just cancelled. But seems to be operating again

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 6:20 PM, CruxisCore said:

The storm caused some issues with the ships. One of The frequent ships transporting ships in that sea, Danube Highway, had probably somehing happen to it for example. As it's route got delayed by almost two weeks and then just cancelled. But seems to be operating again

That makes sense. I was getting ready to track the Danube Highway tour around Scandinavia when the MyT app finally updated.

Apparently my Yaris is now in Toton, which I believe means that it was shipped via train. Wonder if I'll end up with the 73 plates.

Don't wonder, ask your dealer to register it for 73 plate. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links