Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

The Ukraine conflict is another factor that is affecting car production - not just in the Eastern bloc but also Germany (VW, Porsche, etc), The Czech Republic (Skoda) and the UK (BMW Mini) so far:

https://www.automotivelogistics.media/insight/russias-invasion-of-ukraine-is-a-long-term-risk-for-the-automotive-supply-chain/42809.article

2 hours ago, Starensis said:

TPS is indeed a fantastic production system

TPS is taught on the basic introduction to Toyota training course.

8 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Or it’s taught over 7 years of working there……😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Or it’s taught over 7 years of working there……😉

Luckily I just spanner forklifts & I've not been back for any training in person since mid 2019 - only done some brief online training courses.

24 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Luckily I just spanner forklifts & I've not been back for any training in person since mid 2019 - only done some brief online training courses.

Spent 12 weeks in Toyota City, Japan for most of my training, also in Kentucky, USA and Burnaston for 7 years. Still practice TPS ( or elements of it) in NHS. 👍

27 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

You need to stop Forkingabout with those online courses 😁 (apologies there - I couldn't resist)

Hi all 

just an update I still love it and it was well worth the wait for me anyway someone asked me for the mpg at the moment I’m getting 57 to 59 town driving so I’m pleased with that but I’m still learning about the hybrid system and learning not to put my foot down 

Hedley

• Thanks 1

Ordered 12th September with an estimated delivery date of 27th of November and actually picked up our new Yaris Excel yesterday.I was pleasantly surprised that the monthly payments have gone down £20 per month since we placed the order.This is because the price of the car has gone up almost £1k. The dealer had to add the price increase in to the equation by giving an extra discount on top of our £500 deposit and (very generous) £2k last of the scrappage scheme we had already had. The reason the price has gone down per month is because there is now a higher projected trade in value in the car in 42 months time. This means that if I buy the remainder I have to find more money or if I use it as a deposit on a new replacement car it's worth more. Interesting! The PCP 0% finance deal is a no brainer but you can see what the plan is all about. For some it's an eternal monthly cost for the joy of having a new/relatively new car on the road because they may not have the finance to pay off the lump sum balance.I honestly don't know what I'll decide come the day. We'll see, I have a long time to think about it!

As for the car itself, I'm happy but not overwhelmed . It's just a nice little car My first ever automatic, first ever hybrid. Very nice drive, loads of electronics to get my head around but for a car that's retailing at £24k it's still a little bit basic in the finish and not quite as solid as I'd expect. Maybe it's because I'm out of touch with the latest models and prices but as one reviewer said it's all about nailing the basics, not cockpit trinkets . It did after all win European Car of the Year last year and persuaded me to buy without looking at any other manufacturers.

With the current rise in fuel prices I couldn't have picked a more perfect time to change cars to a more fuel efficient run around.

• Like 3

Sold our Mk3 today in readiness for the Mk4 arrival in the next few weeks.

Sold it to a car buying site for more than they originally quoted, plus much more than dealer offered as px. Happy days………barring dumbass Putin!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Sold it to a car buying site for more than they originally quoted, plus much more than dealer offered as px. Happy days………barring dumbass Putin!

Where did you sell? Sold mine to Cazoo and got more than what i paid 1.5 years ago! 

23 hours ago, forkingabout said:

It is rather properly taught in business schools where i learnt and most operational management work. other car manufacturers also use parts and modifications of it. 

10 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Where did you sell? Sold mine to Cazoo and got more than what i paid 1.5 years ago! 

Money4yourmotor. Guy came spent an hour inspecting it, and then offered around £700 less than they had offered on line. Told him he’d wasted his time and mine. He soon upped the offer…….just not quite as much as on line, but met my minimum valuation.

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

Also looking to sell my MK3 end of the year for an upgrade, favouring the MK4 excel tech pack over the corolla 2.0 excel JBL for various reasons not least £5.5k cheaper. But do like full leather, heated seats, more power and better for long journeys of the corolla. Though the MK4 Yaris is probably a more sensible choice overall which tick more favourable boxes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaveinWales said:

Ordered 12th September with an estimated delivery date of 27th of November and actually picked up our new Yaris Excel yesterday.I was pleasantly surprised that the monthly payments have gone down £20 per month since we placed the order.This is because the price of the car has gone up almost £1k. The dealer had to add the price increase in to the equation by giving an extra discount on top of our £500 deposit and (very generous) £2k last of the scrappage scheme we had already had. The reason the price has gone down per month is because there is now a higher projected trade in value in the car in 42 months time. This means that if I buy the remainder I have to find more money or if I use it as a deposit on a new replacement car it's worth more. Interesting! The PCP 0% finance deal is a no brainer but you can see what the plan is all about. For some it's an eternal monthly cost for the joy of having a new/relatively new car on the road because they may not have the finance to pay off the lump sum balance.I honestly don't know what I'll decide come the day. We'll see, I have a long time to think about it!

As for the car itself, I'm happy but not overwhelmed . It's just a nice little car My first ever automatic, first ever hybrid. Very nice drive, loads of electronics to get my head around but for a car that's retailing at £24k it's still a little bit basic in the finish and not quite as solid as I'd expect. Maybe it's because I'm out of touch with the latest models and prices but as one reviewer said it's all about nailing the basics, not cockpit trinkets . It did after all win European Car of the Year last year and persuaded me to buy without looking at any other manufacturers.

With the current rise in fuel prices I couldn't have picked a more perfect time to change cars to a more fuel efficient run around.

Without the 42months 0% PCP I wouldn't be able to afford a new car, as well used car prices are very high. So it's very good from Toyota. 

The MK4 excel tech pack retail at £24.6k and just below £22.5k with carwow. It does cost a bit for a small car but it has so much good safety tech, a very reliable and fuel efficient hybrid. Owning the car long term (7+ years) is what will save money.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

It does cost a bit for a small car but it has so much good safety tech, a very reliable and fuel efficient hybrid. Owning the car long term (7+ years) is what will save money.

That was my intention with my old car, the previous old car I kept for 8 years, I kept the previous 208 6 years. It needed bits and bobs replaced and I thought the time (Aug/Sep 2021) was right. Given today's fuel prices I think it was a good call, since I get, roughly 30% better fuel consumption, and that's on winter numbers.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Without the 42months 0% PCP I wouldn't be able to afford a new car, as well used car prices are very high. So it's very good from Toyota. 

The MK4 excel tech pack retail at £24.6k and just below £22.5k with carwow. It does cost a bit for a small car but it has so much good safety tech, a very reliable and fuel efficient hybrid. Owning the car long term (7+ years) is what will save money.

I agree with your sentiments Mojo...I chose it on it's safety features and fuel economy as much as anything although being small does make you feel a bit more vulnerable too. The poor quality plastic bits in the cockpit are not essential to the needs I was looking for but just this morning I changed the insurance policy I took out yesterday and increased my expected milage as I can see this car now being the go to one for some of my longer journeys instead of my diesel Skoda Superb.It's then you start thinking a bit more spent on the interior finish would be worth paying for.

The point I was making though is that the 0% finance is the "Spratt to catch the Mackerel" so to speak.With no additional discount offered for a cash purchase you might as well borrow some for nothing! Once you are hooked you may never get to owning a 7 year old model because possibly you haven't got the ready cash to pay the balance but you do have the car to use as a deposit on a replacement new car. Meantime Toyota have you hooked in to their service plans to maintain the guarantee. I haven't a clue what those services will cost as I have been using an independent garage to service and maintain my now scrapped 27 year old Polo. The later was almost worthless but the £280 road tax was horrendous as was the fuel consumption for a local run around but until the last year or so insurance and maintenance costs were extremely low.Sadly, there comes a time when the maintenance costs no longer justify the continuation of ownership and the decision made on it's future.

One thing I'm certain about though, it will cost me more in annual PCP payments on the new car than it did to maintain, tax and service both my other cars last year. If I exchange it again in 42 months time I'll never hit the sweet spot where my car is no longer losing rapid value through depreciation but is still reliable and low maintenance.

As I say, much depends on the value you place on ownership of a new/ish car. For many it's a status symbol as much as a mode of transport from A to B.

• Like 1

Are these dates listed estimated or real time?

{"estimatedDeliveryToFinalDestination":"2022-04-22","currentStatus":"BuildInProgress","callOffStatus":"Called off","damageCode":"","isDelayed":null},"etaToFinalDestination":true,"intermediateDeliveries":

[{"locationCode":"SU.TF.1","locationName":"Onnaing","countryCode":"FR","countryName":"FRANCE","destinationType":"FACTORY","transportMethod":"noMovement","leftLocationOn":"2022-03-30

{"locationCode":"HB.VA.1","locationName":"Onnaing","countryCode":"FR","countryName":"FRANCE","destinationType":"HUB","transportMethod":"Rail","leftLocationOn":"2022-03-09","estimatedArrivalDate":"2022-03-30","isVisited":"notVisited","

{"locationCode":"PT.TTON.1","locationName":"TOTON","countryCode":"GB","countryName":"UNITED KINGDOM","destinationType":"TRANSIT","transportMethod":"Truck","leftLocationOn":"2022-03-10","estimatedArrivalDate":"2022-03-10","isVisited":"notVisited",

{"locationCode":"HB.DY.1","locationName":"DERBYSHIRE","countryCode":"GB","countryName":"UNITED KINGDOM","destinationType":"HUB","transportMethod":"Truck","leftLocationOn":null,"estimatedArrivalDate":"2022-03-11","isVisited":"notVisited","

{"locationCode":"DL.04905.1","locationName":"Nuneaton","countryCode":"GB","countryName":"UNITED KINGDOM","destinationType":"DESTINATION","transportMethod":"Truck","leftLocationOn":"","estimatedArrivalDate":null,"isVisited":"notVisited","currentStatus":"UPDATED","brand":"TOYOTA","nmsc":"TGB","vehicleModel":"Yaris","vehicleExternalColor":"Pure White (Solid Paint)","fullKatashiki":"MXPH11R-BHXNBW","suffix":"AC","ssn":"49","engine":"1.5 Petrol Hybrid (116hp)","transmission":"Automatic","modelCode":"YA","imageUrl":"https://images.toyota-europe.com/gb/vehicle/ya/60456/width/600/height/300/padding/0/exterior-

18 months ago I set my sight on a corolla excel 2.0 2019 for this year, expected price was approx £18.5k, but it's a lot more now. 

I will be able to pay off the final balloon payment after 42m. I don't know what my circumstance will be then, may keep the car long term or use it to get another car like a corolla or the new Kia Sportage hybrid which I like. 

I do quite a few long distance leisure trips each year, in may I'm off to North Wales for a week, expected to cover 1k miles. My MK3 Yaris can do it, but just not very good for these trips. I have a need rather than just a want for an upgrade. My original plan to go up a size were suppose to be an auris/lexus ct200 hybrid, but the cat gets stolen on those cars. 

22 hours ago, Starensis said:

Are these dates listed estimated or real time?

Estimated, for the most part.

They are only real when the status for each location/action is set to "visited".

25 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Estimated, for the most part.

They are only real when the status for each location/action is set to "visited".

Thanks.

Wondering if build has stopped in France? If they’re on 3-shifts, car should be in UK by now imo.
Mine has been on “in build” for almost 2 weeks now. Normally, couple of days to pass through all build areas, then possibly a few days before being transported. 

Not sure how accurate the tracker is tbh - IIRC according to it my one was in Hull a couple days after order and then stayed there for 2-3 weeks before going to Burnaston, :laugh: 

Not sure what’s happening with MyT app but my order has disappeared from the ‘garage’.  All I can see is my existing Yaris ?

3 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

Not sure what’s happening with MyT app but my order has disappeared from the ‘garage’.  All I can see is my existing Yaris ?

Must be telling you something........ stick with your Yaris 😳

1 hour ago, Graham47 said:

I had a message this morning telling me to register my new Audio system. Don't have one as far as I know. 🙄

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links