Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nextbase 322GW Front & Rear Dash-Cam

venomx

Thanks @trashman1965

I brought the cam inside, charged it fully for just over an hour -- hopefully this fixes it. I think the problem was not charging it when it was first installed.

I'd also assume that even if no motion is detected, it will still use Battery as it's technically in standby mode all night. But then by driving it will then re-charge somewhat.

Yes - it is using some power and it's not a huge Battery so that would be the case. Ignore the "15 hours" I mentioned - the FAQ in my manual actually says something about Battery lasting only 15 mins - this would be powering the camera continuously while recording

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Correct - sounds like they have (correctly) wired it off a switched live so it charges while engine is running and discharges when engine is off.

Why do they use a switched live when a permanently live switch would always be on ?

I charged it inside my house at the mains until the blue light went off. Popped it back in the car about 5PM last night, this morning about 9AM I got in the car and had the same " Battery low "

Looks like I'll have to live without parking mode as i'm not going to mess with the fuse box myself

If I ask Halfords to change it to a permanent live-switch would they do it ?

I did some reading and it appears that it's safer and easier to keep it on a switched live

2 hours ago, venomx said:

If I ask Halfords to change it to a permanent live-switch would they do it ?

I did some reading and it appears that it's safer and easier to keep it on a switched live

There’s some confusion here, it’s already connected to a “switched live” …..do you mean a “permanently live” connection?  If so, you run the risk of flattening the 12v Battery ……

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Graham47 said:

But you run the risk of flattening the 12v battery ……

Yep I just did a lot of reading and that's why I'll keep it as it is.. Thanks 🙂 

10 hours ago, Graham47 said:

.do you mean a “permanently live” connection?  If so, you run the risk of flattening the 12v battery ……

Yes I did. Thanks for the information everyone. I asked Nextbase and they said it has undervolt protection of 11.2v, other people have said the permanently live connection has caused flat car batteries... . I'll leave it how it is on the switched live

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links