Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White paint peeling off roof

Mrs andrews

2010 regarding iq white paint peeling off roof been told car to old Toyota won't repair it can anyone help? 

1633879495736.jpg

Toyota cars are covered by a three year paint warranty from first registration.

Yours is now well past the expiry of this warranty. With previous cases of pearlescent white paint peeling, Toyota did repair some IQ's as a goodwill gesture. Goodwill works both ways - the manufacturer may offer goodwill towards the cost of repairs when outside the warranty, and owners show goodwill towards the manufacturer by continuing to have the car serviced by the marque's dealer network. Other manufacturers adopt a similar approach.

With recent claims (in the last couple of years), Toyota have required cars to have a full Toyota service history before they will consider assistance with this issue.

So:

Does your car have a full Toyota service history?

If so, who told you the car is too old - the dealer or Toyota GB?

An alternative to having the car panel resprayed at your cost, may be to have the roof vinyl wrapped, which may be cheaper.

The car has full service history well cared for!, firstly the car had a 7yr paint warranty secondly the car was not sold as a good will gesture it was sold for money by a reputable manufacturer as a quality product there was no mention that a huge batch of these cars would have there paint flying off in the wind several years down the line, thirdly the dealer told me no chance then offered me a deal on another car and the paint issue would not alter the value of my car! Boom boom!

No Toyota has had a 7 year paint warranty. The car would have been sold by a Toyota dealer, not Toyota the manufacturer.

Bear in mind that Toyota Owners Club is not connected with Toyota, so it is pointless getting angry on these forums if you don't like the answer to the question you have asked.

You would be best to approach Customer Relations, Toyota GB directly - contact details are on Toyota's website.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links