Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav query

Vincent Jones

Hello Yarisites!

I've just taken on a 2018 Yaris Hybrid with a neat screen in the middle.  The User Guide says that it's a Touch 2 (can't see if it's with or without Go - it doesn't say).  There's no Sat Nav but the drive screen gives me the speed limit of the road I'm driving, so there must be some kind of GPS in place.  Is there any way to either update to Sat Nav or to get it to use the Sat Nav on my Android phone?

Oh, and does the knob on the top right do anything?

I'm enjoying the drive so far.

Thanks.

20211015_162218[1].jpg

The sat nav function (Go, etc) is an additional module to the Touch 2. Would be expensive to buy new, although used modules/head units with the module may be available on the web. Updates would be expensive though.

As regards using your phone's sat nav app, the head unit of this vintage isn't compatible with Android Auto, etc.

Your best bet may be a stand alone sat nav (Garmin, TomTom, etc), with lifetime updates. Bear in mind that the 'lifetime' is determined by the manufacturer, and may a few years down the line, be denied further updates. For example in 2018 TomTom finished updates on 66 of their devices as they determined the useful life had come to an end.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links