Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - Considering

Starensis

Went for a test drive in Yaris Cross today. Must say, I was impressed with most aspects - other than the firmer ride in comparison to my C-HR.

Dealer offered me a great price for my 2018 C-HR Hybrid against an Excel with City & Adventure packs. They predicted March-May 22 for delivery!! They did state they'd honour the PX offer - or if greater come March/May, they will increase it.

So, my questions are:-

1. City Pack - what does this give you on Excel Spec?

2. Anyone been able spec a space saver wheel?

3. Are both seat heights adjustable and Drivers contain lumbar support adjustment?

4. Anything else worth speccing up?

I've also noticed car has Speed senstive door locking. About time they reintroduced this feature. Miss it on my C-HR.

Going to have a ponder over the weekend. They are also fitting Dashcam, plus throwing in first service.

Would appreciate any feedback from those who have ordered or have looked into specs.

Thanks.

1. City Pack Consists of Advanced Parking Assist, Panoramic View Monitor (PVM), 8" Toyota Touch® 2 multimedia system with Smartphone integration incl Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™, Wi-Fi connectivity, Voice recognition, Toyota Touch® 2 with Go Navigation

3. Driver and passenger seat has height adjustment

• Like 1

I was considering trading the corolla in for the Yaris cross but I am not a fan of 3 cylinder technology. When I looked at one in the showroom the cabin was very dark so would consider a pan roof (don’t think it opens though) I believe both front seats are height adjustable not sure about spare wheel although underneath the deck board does look as though it will accommodate one.

the pano roof is only a glass roof does not have a sunroof like the corolla.

23 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

1. City Pack Consists of Advanced Parking Assist, Panoramic View Monitor (PVM), 8" Toyota Touch® 2 multimedia system with Smartphone integration incl Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™, Wi-Fi connectivity, Voice recognition, Toyota Touch® 2 with Go Navigation

3. Driver and passenger seat has height adjustment

I assumed Excel spec came with these already? Pack cost is £100 on website, surely that cannot be right or the cost is only for some minor enhancement's?

Agree, looks like car will accommodate a space saver. I'll see what they say next week.

I assumed Excel spec came with these already? Pack cost is £100 on website, surely that cannot be right or the cost is only for some minor enhancement's?

It comes as standard with this 9" HD Toyota Smart Connect multimedia system with wireless Smartphone integration incl Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ & connected cloud Navigation

10 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

It comes as standard with this 9" HD Toyota Smart Connect multimedia system with wireless Smartphone integration incl Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ & connected cloud Navigation

So city pack is pointless?

If you dont want Advanced Parking Assist, Panoramic View Monitor (PVM), Wi-Fi connectivity and screen is an inch smaller also 8" screen is the older model 9" is the newest

54 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

If you dont want Advanced Parking Assist, Panoramic View Monitor (PVM), Wi-Fi connectivity and screen is an inch smaller also 8" screen is the older model 9" is the newest

Dealer told me APA and PVM were standard on Excel spec. So pack is to upgrade screen to 9”?

The 9 inch screen is a an improved interface from the Touch 2, looks good and more modern that the usual Touch 2. The touch 2 works well though

no 9" screen as standard if you go for the City Pack it becomes an 8"

1 hour ago, Auris TSpirit said:

no 9" screen as standard if you go for the City Pack it becomes an 8"

So you get a smaller screen for extra £££? 🥴

yes but you get some extras with it just depends if they are worth it for you

10 hours ago, Mikw said:

The 9 inch screen is a an improved interface from the Touch 2, looks good and more modern that the usual Touch 2. The touch 2 works well though

I noticed on test drive Excel that interface was nicer. Without city pack, you get different software?

Just now, Auris TSpirit said:

yes but you get some extras with it just depends if they are worth it for you

OK, thanks. Will have to clarify with dealer on Monday.

3 hours ago, Auris TSpirit said:

the 9" is 2021 unit 8" is 2020 unit

OK. So my order ( if I go for one ) will be 9” anyway.

Icon and design get the 8" (9" optional on the design) the Excel, Dynamic and Prem get the 9" but if you get the city pack it's downgraded to the 8" - its the same system but the 9" is a HD screen, "high" system and the 8" is "low"

9" JBL only on the Prem but optional on the Excel and Dynamic

The Yaris has a different spec structure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

thanks @flash22 for the info it's nice to get the information correct 🙂

Just pulled that from the latest brochure - Toyota UK like to confuse people

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Icon and design get the 8" (9" optional on the design) the Excel, Dynamic and Prem get the 9" but if you get the city pack it's downgraded to the 8" - its the same system but the 9" is a HD screen, "high" system and the 8" is "low"

9" JBL only on the Prem but optional on the Excel and Dynamic

The Yaris has a different spec structure

Weird set up if you ask me. Why would I have City pack then if it actually downgrades my system for an extra £100? I'm certain the other features in the pack are standard on Excel. Confused. 🤪

Advanced Parking Assist

Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)

This is what's in City pack. 
Panoramic View Monitor (PVM)

8" Toyota Touch® 2 multimedia system with Smartphone integration incl Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™
8" Toyota Touch® 2 multimedia system with Smartphone integration incl Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™

Wi-Fi connectivity
Wi-Fi connectivity

Voice recognition
Voice recognition

Toyota Touch® 2 with Go Navigation

Dynamic guide lines on Reversing Camera
Dynamic guide lines on Reversing Camera

@Starensisfound a Yaris Cross Excel in blue pre reg at main dealer in East Midlands. In your shoes I'd compromise and get that rather than wait until March.

Bwaaa these are all things I wanted in my Yaris!! :crybaby: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links