Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone tried remove Touch 2 and replaced by CarPlay head unit?

Alan_T

Hi, I just bought a 2016 verso come with touch 2. Is anyone tried replaced that with CarPlay head unit?

I got an old MMT 07 verso (with dam MMT issue). That is very easy to replace and a lot of video on YouTube. But for newer verso. I can’t find any video/guide tech how to remove it. 

Thanks

Alan

A factory radio or aftermarket ?

A facia, steering wheel adapter and camera retention cable is all that's required

Fascia - CT23TY90

full fitting kit - CTSTY015.2 (should be fine for a touch 2 replacement)

Avoid cheap no name Chinese tat, stick with decent brands like pioneer or alpine

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @flash22 I changed my head unit.

Just the Fascia not very fit. And the wiring kit don't have DAB antenna adaptor. (If you know where can I find a DAB  antenna adaptor. That is great!!)

My radio is Sony XAV-AX1005DB. It connector look like a SMA female. But on car side, I don't know what is that. So I can't search 👉👈

connector-1.jpg

connector-3.jpg

connector-2.jpg

The connector in the car is an HFC III, It's an SMB terminal In a plastic housing

The sony also uses an SMB connector

It should just plug in, you may need to unclip the housing by removing the white tab and flicking up the tab to release the SMB from the plastic housing

Thanks @flash22. I tried, the SMB can't fit to HFC III. I already removed the housing. But the HCF III inside plastic is too thick. Can't just push SMB to that.

At the end. I found the wiring kit have an extra antenna adaptor (FM one, not DAB) the plug look like can fit (just the housing is different). Then I remove that from housing, cut it and previous DAB antenna with SMA male.  Connect those wire. And sealed by 3D pen. Finally, it work. Thanks for you help😘.

home made adaptor.jpg

After remove the SMA, that is a SMB. Just the HCF III's plastic is too thick. SMB can't fit to HCF III. (Or Sony's SMB's gap too small??)

Anyways, the home made one is working 😄

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links