Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

21 plate C-HR condensation / freezes / frost inside cabin

Chrispy chicken

My May 2022 C-HR was fixed by the dealer/service department finding out THEY never fitted sealing grommets to the front & rear camers. Since then absolutely no sign of any condensation or ice to the inside of the windows. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just want to share pics of ansio dehumidifier full of water. It has done its job correctly. The car has no issue with damp, no water leaks or ac problems, but I spent many hours inside with car been off and when it’s raining or just damp weather like it has been lately this dehumidifier helps collects water just fine. Once the car is ON the hvac takes care of the interior either with ac ON or not, but having one of these is a good idea. 👌

82729013-50A6-42B8-9F8C-E124C8484D14.jpeg

C416A199-CE44-41E9-99DC-7DC70AE0FFAD.jpeg

AB51A24A-64FC-411C-A2A5-EBD5BAC53E04.jpeg

I'm a little late seeing this post.

People don't take account that hot air holds a lot more moisture than cold air.

So if you have your heater on for a journey then park up at home, your are shutting in the warm air which becomes moist when it cools off inside your car. Far better to let open the doors for a few minutes and allow the cold outside air to circulate before shutting up for the night 

• Like 1

I have read this topic with some interest, so I decided to look at the options for my car.  On dunelm.com website, I found an “Absodry Duo Family Moisture Absorber”.  It is suitable for a space of up to 50 sq. metres, and comes with a refill of 600gms. It is only £25 so I think I will give this a try.  It has a water containment reservoir, so this would need checking for emptying, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

50 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

I have read this topic with some interest, so I decided to look at the options for my car.  On dunelm.com website, I found an “Absodry Duo Family Moisture Absorber”.  It is suitable for a space of up to 50 sq. metres, and comes with a refill of 600gms. It is only £25 so I think I will give this a try.  It has a water containment reservoir, so this would need checking for emptying, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

Perhaps this is not necessarily for everyone. As Dan says better leave the windows open a bit and I also do this every day just before I get home I drive 5 min with cracked open passenger window so any smells and moisture can escape. However I use my car like motor home, motor office, I work with it and spent all night inside. There is no way of avoiding moisture locked in and so these ansio dehumidifiers helps. I also have a dehumidifier bag stick into the boot next to the spare wheel. Toyota cars are well known for water ingress into the boot and this is one of the most serious risk to hybrid Battery failure. The bag will indicate if any excess moisture happens and I will react accordingly. Although water leaks been rectified in my car , who knows they may return. 
image.thumb.jpeg.3e00d6c5675ab0f56cf08ef9c20a285a.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links