Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Comfort

Toyota IQ Owner

My IQ is quite a hard ride. What are the best tyres to improve all year round comfort and grip please. 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Toyota IQ Owner said:

What are the best tyres to improve all year round comfort and grip please. 

Might help to know what size wheels and tyres are on the car currently ..........

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Might help to know what size wheels and tyres are on the car currently ..........

Gaenlander 175/65R15 84H think they are budget tyres

1 hour ago, Toyota IQ Owner said:

Gaenlander 175/65R15 84H think they are budget tyres

Hi,

I've just had budget ditch finders removed off my daughter's iQ and replaced them with Goodyear 637E4B50-3FD9-406F-BF73-725D2C95A9EA.thumb.jpeg.92eec4c622472cce7fb5638cd25e5f39.jpeg Duragrip tyre, £300 for all four, fitted, new valves, balanced and alignment checked (and adjusted).

Does it ride like a limo, of course not BUT it certainly rides AND steers better.

From previous experience (on other cars Michelin Cross Climate 2 give the best performance spread of comfort / grip / noise etc and have the advantage of M+S rating with snowflake symbol. I just didn't feel the use of the iQ warranted such a good all-season tyre hence why the Duragrips were chosen, you might decide differently and I wouldn't knock you for that.

Whatever you buy, make sure the tyre pressure is checked / adjusted to manufacturer guidelines.

Good luck with your choice 👍

Dave.

637E4B50-3FD9-406F-BF73-725D2C95A9EA.jpeg

F417A2E1-5E94-4F49-8AD8-049D9364D7BD.jpeg

Edited by Touring_Dave
Added photo & corrected make of tyre
  • Like 2

Hi 

Thanks ever so much, that's so helpful. 

I will look and compare the Duragrip and Michelin Cross Climate 2 as I am looking for the best performance with comfort / grip / noise etc so may well opt for the Michelin. 

Thanks again Dave, much appreciated. 

Wendy

• 1 month later...

I'm a great believer in new, quality tyres... the one thing between me and the road.

All seasons are slightly softer and on a previous car made the handling better and the ride more comfortable. I tend to create a starting point when I buy a car new to me, of new tyres all round.

Whether I can afford it or not...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/6/2022 at 10:50 AM, Toyota IQ Owner said:

My IQ is quite a hard ride. What are the best tyres to improve all year round comfort and grip please. 

Thanks

Did you change your tyres, Wendy?

If so, what did you get?

The 65 of the sidewall should have a good amount of air, air pressure needed to be checked as mentioned above. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links