Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing cost.

Max_Headroom

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Tony - Was it your intention to always do diy on your car when you brought it. Apart from the parts you have listed have you had any major things done or has the car been that good since 2010.

Yes, intended to service myself since day one, car bought in 2015 just before turned 5 years old with full Toyota service history. Since then I am the only person who had worked on the car except a couple of recalls and wheel alignment plus tyres and ac regas, , mot etc. The car is on almost everything original except rear springs recently, all wheel bearings done at 136k miles and twice all brakes because of rust, car was a low mileage one previously, second car in the family. Oh, I forgot I had to replace a timing chain tensioner few months ago and that’s it all. 
About the service I missed the brake fluid change that I do once every 4 years and cost me £11 for a litre. 👌

The savings from services enough to buy a Tesla , ooops prices went too high 😂👌

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Would you still look at diy servicing if you had a newer model . Is your car easy to work on and would it put you off diy with the amount of technology on later models.

Dealership servicing costs are certainly not cheap but you do have to keep in mind that they should use genuine Toyota parts and have the correct diagnostic machines to check the car which is not necessarily the case with one or two man concern on the local industrial unit.   

I worked for an National owned service centre as a receptionist a few years ago and they were generally good but there was one mechanic I would not trust to service my push bike.  Also staff were under pressure to sell both exhausts and tyres so if customers were not careful they spent more on their car even if the actual service was cheaper.

Other things to keep in mind is that there is a shortage of trained mechanics at the moment and the dealers are not immune to price increases such and the cost of engine oil. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Would you still look at diy servicing if you had a newer model . Is your car easy to work on and would it put you off diy with the amount of technology on later models.

Yes, I will certainly do as long as I have physical ability and place where to work.  These cars are made with diy in mind and easy enough to work on. Even my car had a lots of tech inside., pretty much almost the same as latest hybrids without the large screens and safety systems which I don’t miss a bit😂 

If something goes wrong with electronics I will diagnose and replace if bolt on part and available  to purchase. I believe that two things are very important to have a trouble free car for a long time:

1. drive sensibly and 2. maintain on time to the manufacturer specs using only oem or highest quality parts. 👌

Dont try to fix if  ain’t broken also important. Keep it stock as possible. ✌️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Talking about service cost I really want to share this video with you. If that was the case in UK lol how nice would have be. Perhaps if there are some drivers of these cars here can comment. 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2022 at 9:55 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

The differnce would be that the battery on a 69 reg (first registered between Sept 2019 and February 2020) would still be within the manufacturers new car warranty (5 years/100,000 miles). We also don't know how long it may have been unused whilst in possession of the selling dealer whilst waiting to be sold. This could have been a contributory factor in the battery failure, and the dealer may also have some blame for the lack of use.

As regards the 2016 Yaris, an extended warranty won't be as comprehensive as the new car warranty. At 6 years old the battery could have been nearing the end of its natural life, possibly compounded by lack of use by the owner(?).

Two different scenarios.

The selling dealer was Ford but the Toyota dealer replaced with no quibble, even without Toyota service history.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links