Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing cost.

Max_Headroom

Do members use the dealers for service or independent garages, I have checked local dealers and they are asking £300 - £450 depending on which service does this seem a lot?

• Like 1

To me these prices are out of reality but they are the prices of cars and everything else too. Best to ask independent garages for exact quotes as their prices might be close to he dealer ones and if this is the case you will be better off service in dealer as you will get another year 10k miles extended Warranty . 

• Like 1

It is a lot and it's gone up too; Even with the Relax warranty you get with it it's a big chunk of money!

I do but I effectively have to to keep the warranty intact, so they've got me for at least 5 years!

And it could be worse - The german dealers are even more expensive!

• Like 1

Depending on the age of the car, etc, some members continue to use Toyota dealers, some independents, some do their own servicing. 

If your car is still covered under the 5 year/100,000 mile manufacturers warranty, if you choose independent, in the event of a warranty claim you will need to have documentary proof the car has been serviced according to Toyota's requirements using equivalent quality parts.

If you have a Toyota extended warranty, servicing has to be through a Toyota dealer.

If yours is a hybrid, and you wish to continue having the hybrid Battery extended warranty, you can pay separately for a Toyota dealer to do the hybrid health check each year - around £50.

Your choice after all.

• Like 1

Another option, if purchasing a new car, is to negotiate a service package as part of the overall purchase agreement. I have done this for my last 3 Toyota purchases (all Hybrid Yarises) and my latest was quoted as £650 for the first 3 years services and including an MOT test for the last service. This works out on average to £200+/year which I don't think is too bad. This very much depends on the quality of your local Toyota main dealer of course...

• Like 4

Servicing / Maintenance
Intermediate Service 30,000 miles/3 years Recommended

We recommend that Toyota owners carry out a 30,000 miles/3 Years intermediate service as per schedule. Scheduling regular service appointments as per your vehicles service schedule helps maintain the health and longevity of your vehicle whilst helping prevent maintenance issues down the road.

Whats included

Add

£220

Servicing / Maintenance
Full Service 40,000 miles/4 years Recommended

We recommend that Toyota owners carry out a 20,000 miles/2 Years full service as per schedule. Scheduling regular service appointments as per your vehicles service schedule helps maintain the health and longevity of your vehicle whilst helping prevent maintenance issues down the road.

Whats included

Add

£300

Thanks to all for your posts i have looked again and it would appear its £220 and £300 depending on which service you need i will check local garages to see what they charge.

Am i right in thinking if the car has a full Toyota service history the warranty will transfer to me when i buy the car.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's one of the perks of the approved-used cars; They guarantee the car's been serviced by Toyota so any remaining warranty is still intact and transfers to you. (Otherwise I think you just get a 1 year warranty)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Am i right in thinking if the car has a full Toyota service history the warranty will transfer to me when i buy the car.

The balance of the warranty will transfer across - so if it is a 2019 car, the balance will be around 2 years.

• Like 1

Sorry for asking so many questions.

I am not buying from a Toyota dealer its a trade in at another dealer will that mean the balance of the warranty will not transfer over

(it has full Toyota service history)

21 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Sorry for asking so many questions.

I am not buying from a Toyota dealer its a trade in at another dealer will that mean the balance of the warranty will not transfer over

(it has full Toyota service history)

Shouldn't matter. You should be able to ask a Toyota dealer to check the service history and confirm the status of the manufacturer's warranty.

• Like 4

Assuming the warranty is intact, yes it will transfer over to you - It follows the car, not the owner.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Shouldn't matter. You should be able to ask a Toyota dealer to check the service history and confirm the status of the manufacturer's warranty.

The 69 reg 2k miles Corolla that my parents bought last year from Bristol Street had no service history. They rang the nearest Toyota dealer who said it would be still covered if it was given a Toyota service.

About a month after purchase the Battery failed and was covered "under warranty", they believed it failed due to lack of use through lockdown.

Three months after purchase Bristol Street posted the service book through, which consisted of a oil and filter change at one of their branches.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

37 minutes ago, RJ414i said:

You have the option of Toyota Battery service for Hybrid only then servicing the mechanical stuff yourself or via a independent garage.

A lot of independant garages do not cover high voltage Battery servicing but if you use Toyota then your Battery is still coverd under there warranty.

• Like 1

The warinty with the car so if it serviced on time at main dealers or large indipendent garage network and book is stamped or you have paperwork to confirm this then you wont have any problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

you have paperwork to confirm this then you wont have any problems

Now under data protection dealers won't take service documentation (invoices, etc) when accepting part exchanges, and, when selling used cars won't pass the same type of information onto new owners.  The only thing that should be passed on to new owners will be the service book.

• Like 2

What about no service book stamps as info is stored electronicly on a lot of systems and dealerships fail to stamp the booklet.

• Like 1

Toyota dealers can be contacted to confirm service history, and may be willing to supply a stamped service book if the service history is with them. However, I understand from a previous topic, non-Toyota dealers cannot access the system.

Years ago in 2003 when we bought two new Mazdas, Mazda already operated electronic service histories and provided a print out with each service as well as stamping the service book.

Think nowadays a stamped service book is the main proof of service history for a buyer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJ414i said:

The 69 reg 2k miles Corolla that my parents bought last year from Bristol Street had no service history. They rang the nearest Toyota dealer who said it would be still covered if it was given a Toyota service.

About a month after purchase the battery failed and was covered "under warranty", they believed it failed due to lack of use through lockdown.

Three months after purchase Bristol Street posted the service book through, which consisted of a oil and filter change at one of their branches.

my local dealer didn’t cover the 12v Battery replacement with same problem lack if use. They charged me £160 for the new Battery. I bought my Yaris in April this year plus 1 year extended warranty.

• Like 1

Full service about £200 for my mk2 in an independent garage 

• Like 2

I can remember seeing a TV program it involved bailiffs collecting an a court order for a cliant.

The garage had in the office a number of car manifacturer dealer service stamps of course these were confiscated and the various car manufactures informed.

So your second hand car you perchased from this garage came with a counterfit service record.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:07 PM, RJ414i said:

About a month after purchase the battery failed and was covered "under warranty", they believed it failed due to lack of use through lockdown.

22 hours ago, isnsiie said:

my local dealer didn’t cover the 12v battery replacement with same problem lack if use. They charged me £160 for the new battery. I bought my Yaris in April this year plus 1 year extended warranty.

The differnce would be that the Battery on a 69 reg (first registered between Sept 2019 and February 2020) would still be within the manufacturers new car warranty (5 years/100,000 miles). We also don't know how long it may have been unused whilst in possession of the selling dealer whilst waiting to be sold. This could have been a contributory factor in the Battery failure, and the dealer may also have some blame for the lack of use.

As regards the 2016 Yaris, an extended warranty won't be as comprehensive as the new car warranty. At 6 years old the Battery could have been nearing the end of its natural life, possibly compounded by lack of use by the owner(?).

Two different scenarios.

Here is my service cost as diy work on Auris Hybrid from 2010, but there is no warranty what so ever :

Engine oil - £35

Oil Filter - £10

Cabin Filter - £8 

Engine flush - £5

All these above every 10k miles 

Then: 

Air Filter - £10 every 30k miles

Spark Plugs - £50 every 60k miles

Transmission Fluid - £45 every 60-80k miles

Engine coolant plus inverter coolant £85 every 50k miles 

Wiper Blades - £20 every 12 months 

Set of 4 tyres £350 every 80-100k miles.

MOT - £30 

Air Condition regas - £60 every 2-3 years

Wheel alignment - £30 once every 3-4 years 

Car wash materials £30-£60 per year 

Road Tax £0 

Insurance - a lot, but I drive a bit more and its a business 

Well that's pretty much all my costs for running my old lady 🏎😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tony - Was it your intention to always do diy on your car when you brought it. Apart from the parts you have listed have you had any major things done or has the car been that good since 2010.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links