Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

touch 2 without satnav

warrenbysea

My new 2021 hybrid yaris has an entertainment unit [ touch 2 without navigation I think] I'd love to be able to display and use maps on it but don't need traffic delays/speed cameras etc. I do have a smartphone but not with a data plan. I know the car has android auto with google maps but this needs a dataplan to work. Any thoughts on alternative apps that don't need 4g/5g to work ? something equivalent to having a road map atlas but scrolling onscreen rather than pages to turn.

Thanks for any helpful ideas

You could also try HERE maps from the Apple store.  I believe it works with Carplay, is free and uses off line maps.

Mapy.cz which is free and has downloadable maps (OpenStreetMap) for offline use. Available for both Android and Apple.

Thanks to you all for the suggested free offline apps. I've now downloaded mapy.cz with the U.K. and ROI maps to my Samsung phone and it works perfectly on the Yaris's screen in Android Auto mode with no data connection needed, a great suggestion IT Troll. 👍

As a bonus it has a map layer called "outdoors" with walking/cycling trails shown so I'm intending to use the phone on my bicycle's smartphone holder with mapy running as well.

As a second bonus my folding bike fits into the Yaris boot with the rear seats up, my previous Picanto needed them down to fit it in, so great work by the Yaris designers, a bit like the tardis it's roomier inside than it looks from outside.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it is working for you. I use Mapy when I’m in the wilds with no mobile coverage (both in car and on foot). It works well, although the navigation voice is a bit robotic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links