Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Cross Space Saver Kit Fitted

152bobby

Just now, BobbyMcLeish said:

PXL_20220928_121544943.thumb.jpg.801844a64d2c36a5295a5ed4958450d5.jpg

PXL_20220928_121549840.MP.jpg

• Like 1

If it fits on the car you could leave it at home and get it from there whenever needed. Better than to have no spare wheel at all. I am considering this option myself.. if it's affordable. Having a spare wheel is not worth 250 euro to me.

More important to know is if the wheel fits on the car.

If it doesnt fit in the trunk, it's less important.

If a normal wheel won't fit in the truck, maybe a spacesaver will ?

I suppose the standard compressor doesn't include a jack and a wrench to take the wheel off ?

2 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

PXL_20220928_121549840.MP.jpg

Thank you, I had about 4 inch in my head probably from reading Facebook posts - hopefully it'll be OK in practice for shopping bags as the boot is quite deep surprisingly at the moment, so should be still very much usable with the spare fitted. 👍

5 minutes ago, TheRealBobT said:

Thank you, I had about 4 inch in my head probably from reading Facebook posts - hopefully it'll be OK in practice for shopping bags as the boot is quite deep surprisingly at the moment, so should be still very much usable with the spare fitted. 👍

Boot space is not that important to me nowadays, now that my daughter has left home. And on the odd occasion, if I need a bit more space, I just put the rear seats down.  But to be honest, people should not purchase a Aygo X and moan about boot space !!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Boot space is not that important to me nowadays, now that my daughter has left home. And on the odd occasion, if I need a bit more space, I just put the rear seats down.  But to be honest, people should not purchase a Aygo X and moan about boot space !!

It's pretty good to be fair for a small car; bigger than the previous generation Aygo for sure. 

I must admit I would have preferred a smaller boot and move the passenger seats back a few inches to make them more spacious.

After all, if you need more boot space you can fold the seats down, but you can't chop your passenger's legs off if they don't fit in the seats!

(That was one thing the Mk1 and Mk2 had a massive advantage - Sliding rear seats! I was so gutted they removed that feature in the Mk3 onwards as it was one of the best features that made a Yaris a Yaris!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

I must admit I would have preferred a smaller boot and move the passenger seats back a few inches to make them more spacious.

After all, if you need more boot space you can fold the seats down, but you can't chop your passenger's legs off if they don't fit in the seats!

(That was one thing the Mk1 and Mk2 had a massive advantage - Sliding rear seats! I was so gutted they removed that feature in the Mk3 onwards as it was one of the best features that made a Yaris a Yaris!)

Like the boot space, rear passenger space is no longer a priority for me and if I ever do give someone a lift in the rear and they comment, I'll drop them at the nearest bus stop 🤣

• Haha 3

Sounds like you should have gotten an IQ!!!  :laugh:  (I should clarify I mean The Car, and that I'm not insulting your intelligence! :fear:  :laugh: )

• Haha 3

Agree with Bobby's space point, lost count of the number of reviews/owners of all versions of the Aygo etc over the years where they moan about the boot space. Personally I always surprised how much you can get in one these ickle cars, this week I did our full shop + Xmas extras and even managed to get a small but decent size potted chrismas tree in ours, was worried this impulse bargain buy was a step to far, but went in with ease!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think we are all roughly in the same place here regarding buying a car that has a smaller boot and no need any more for back seats. The Aygo is my nipping around town car for me. 4 supermarket bags in the boot and a spaniel on the back seat is all I need as I have a GR Yaris for longer fun runs. I am delighted with the car and would recommend it to anyone.

My only concern with the space saver is the diameter. I have always been told between 1/2 inch to 1 inch difference is fine but anything bigger is a no, no. It certainly couldn't be used on the driving wheels with a diff as far as I know so some moving wheels about at the roadside would be needed.

What do other people think or know about using a wheel that may be 4" smaller. Is it safe?

I will ask my cousin who is an ex Toyota mechanic and workshop manager.

Would anybody know what they charge for just the wheel + tyre (spacesaver) ?

The one with ref. ''''''42600-0H411 Temporary Spare Wheel'''''

I feel a bright idea coming up..
Imagine several people would put money in a jar to buy a spare wheel together, .. a spacesaver.
Like car sharing but then 'spare wheel sharing'.
Just a problem that nobody I know here buys an Aygo X except me.

4 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Would anybody know what they charge for just the wheel + tyre (spacesaver) ?

The one with ref. ''''''42600-0H411 Temporary Spare Wheel'''''

I feel a bright idea coming up..
Imagine several people would put money in a jar to buy a spare wheel together, .. a spacesaver.
Like car sharing but then 'spare wheel sharing'.
Just a problem that nobody I know here buys an Aygo X except me.

Ordered one this morning. Will tell you the price about Tuesday.

The new sheet posted a day ago - revision fitting instructions did bring up the spare wheel on the Toyota system but the price said £15 which the parts chap said must be wrong - and I agree. I expect it to be £200+ just for the wheel and I paid £94 for the black foam pieces and locking screw so overall I am expecting the whole thing minus jack & wrench & new floor to come to about £300. One cost me £330 for my C-HR a few years ago.

• Like 2

Don't forget to also transfer the tow eye bolt you have to the new kit you have ordered.  There's a cut out in the foam surrounds for it 

28 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Don't forget to also transfer the tow eye bolt you have to the new kit you have ordered.  There's a cut out in the foam surrounds for it 

That is something you could easily forget.👍

As for using a smaller space saver wheel, is a school of thought that it best to use on the rear, so if you had a front puncture, swap rear wheel/tyre to front and put space saver on rear.  If I had a long journey or time period to get puncture fixed then probably worth doing it. If your lucky you will get a rear blow out anyway, which I had earlier this year and the space saver got me to tyre place + fixed in couple of hours, no can of gloop would help me as tyre was shredded.

My garage here informed me that the spare wheel for the Aygo (tyre included) has arrived and that the price will be, all taxes included, 33 euro.

They were surprised about the price ..  They said the warehouse guy where they ordered the wheel was as surprised as them about the existance and the price of the thing.

I gave them the part number ''''42600-0H411 Temporary Spare Wheel '''' which I found in this topic by following one of the links that was posted.

• Like 1

My space saver wheel and tyre, with that part number, came to about £20 +vat.  The expensive stuff is the jack, and handle, and the polystyrene moulded "boxes" to hold it in place in the "boot".  The jack is needed but the rest is not strictly necessary.

I agree that the price of the wheel and tyre seems to be overly cheap, but I am not complaining!

I believe the wheel and tyre is actually a Yaris space saver, but it fits the Aygo X as well.

• Like 2

I have just paid £24 for the wheel and fixing screw. Totally surprised at how cheap it was. Already had a jack and handle so bought the black foam bits. They were £94 for all of them which seems a lot when you think what the wheel costs. Got plenty of 4" pollystyrene from a new washer so now I wish I had tried to use that first. The original floor fits. The wheel and floor need feeding into the recess at the tailgate first to get them in. 

Just been to the supermarket and fit 4 full shopping bags in the boot altough it is now shallower. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Just looking at the actual list of parts, I don't think it includes the actual space saver wheel 😕.  And the big retaining bolt that goes through the centre of the wheel that secures the wheel to the body of the car.  I remember this, because it was missing when they fitted my kit and they just nicked one from one of the cars for sale on the forecourt 😀

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links