Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help and advice please toyota yaris cross airbags deployed but braking power low displays

Abid ABS

Hi guys I've got a yaris cross involved in a small crash air bags deployed. Anyways goy the car home but dash says braking power low and secondary brake malfunction abs malfunction ect . I no the air bag sign is because of deployment but could that set the brakes to be in this mode all fuses and power is there code is c052f14. Abs pump supply voltage..could it be because crash data ? 

Can't help with the questions, but the obvious thing is to get it fix via insurance from Toyota?

I'm a private body shop so no need for insurance. I'm just trying to establish if crash data would shut off power to the brakes any one have wiring diagram perhaps 

35 minutes ago, Abid ABS said:

Hi guys I've got a yaris cross involved in a small crash air bags deployed. Anyways goy the car home but dash says braking power low and secondary brake malfunction abs malfunction ect . I no the air bag sign is because of deployment but could that set the brakes to be in this mode all fuses and power is there code is c052f14. Abs pump supply voltage..could it be because crash data ? 

Hi mate i have had the same problem with mine if you click on my topic there is loads of help there. But for me my car never turned on as well it had loads of warning lights saying braking power is low, 12v Battery is low voltage and many more. I took it to a guy in Bradford and he fixed it for me but couldn’t get rid the warnings as the ecu is damaged and need resetting/replacing but no where seems to have the software to reset it so only option is replacing it which expensive. And also the reason why my car display all them messages were because the insurance company had reversed wired the car when tried connecting some cables and then they jumped it which caused all this issue.

My car starts and drives just the abs light and traction light and breaking power low is on plus can not hear the abs primero mater how many times I pump it ... I've searched the code says when the secondary brakes come on its down to a fail safe relay built into the abs module.  But wondered if because the crash data is stored 

2 minutes ago, Abid ABS said:

My car starts and drives just the abs light and traction light and breaking power low is on plus can not hear the abs primero mater how many times I pump it ... I've searched the code says when the secondary brakes come on its down to a fail safe relay built into the abs module.  But wondered if because the crash data is stored 

Ye that is all caused because of the airbag ecu once that is sorted then all them codes will disappear with it only problem is finding someone that can reset the module for these Toyotas. If you find anyone can you please let me know.

Yea I thought so hmmm can't even find a used one might see how much toyota sell them for 

1 hour ago, James16777 said:

Ye that is all caused because of the airbag ecu once that is sorted then all them codes will disappear with it only problem is finding someone that can reset the module for these Toyotas. If you find anyone can you please let me know.

I cant hear the abs prime like when u press it a few times no sound at all is yours the same brother ? 

Check the abs fuse, on a hybrid the braking assistance is done with an accumulator/pump as there is no vacuum for a traditional servo, they can pop a fuse under extreme braking and with the pre collision as the pump is working hard

I take it you have a decent scan tool - can it talk to the ABS ?

Yes got techstream and autel elite . All fuses tested all ok only thing I can think of is the crash data causing the emergency relay to be active that will disable the power relay .according to toyota. So I guess will try srs ecu first them the actual abs assembly 

do you have a part number of the srs module ?

In TS go to Chassis > Brake > Clear DTCs click on clear DTC's take it for a drive

"If a speed signal of 20 km/h (12 mph) or more is sent to the skid control ECU (brake actuator assembly) with the ignition switch ON and the stop light switch assembly off, the ECU performs self-diagnosis of the motor and solenoid circuits."

• Like 1

Do you have a part number of the SRS module ? (on the module its self) it should start 89170-

Yes 89170 0de30 called almost everyone who normally does crash data reset and say its to new no dump file is available yet only new unit for  ow toyota what £486 that's with my traders discount as I repair crash damaged cars 

Just now, Abid ABS said:

image.thumb.png.ca8cf97ec3fa0b5a16a0804ef4c87777.png

The code is saying its the fail safe relay in the abs module how to restore it ? 

It's built into the ABS unit

if you read the dtc criteria...............

The motor relay and motor fail safe relay are built into the brake actuator assembly.

When the skid control ECU (brake actuator assembly) operate ABS, TRC, VSC or brake assist, the motor relay turns ON and drives the motor pump built into the brake actuator assembly.

If any DTCs related to motor supply power are stored, fail-safe is performed and supply of power to the motor relay is cut by the motor fail safe relay.

If the voltage supplied to the motor relay (BM) is below the DTC detection threshold due to low voltage from the auxiliary Battery or alternator, these DTCs may be stored

C052F14

ABS Pump Motor Supply Voltage Circuit Short to Ground or Open

When voltage at +BS terminal is 9.5 V or higher, open in BM terminal continues for 1 second or more.

Wire harness and connector

Skid control ECU (brake actuator assembly)

check the voltage on the +BS

177394778_xp210absA108.thumb.jpg.8becb34c8c6830cedeafd577b6e3463e.jpg

A108-38 (+BS)

Solenoid relay power supply

Always On

11 to 14 V

you need to find what controls the +BS

Guess what.............

+BS is Related to the yaw sensor.................

Drum roll

the Yaw sensor is built into the airbag module

How does one calibrated the yaw sensor as I've put the new airbag module in no fault codes all gone but I can not see anything in techstream or the autel diagnostic system to calibrate yaw sensor 

So I've still got all the brake errors but airbag module no fault codes . Still get the c052f14 

Look for yaw and acceleration sensor zero point calibration

TS - Chassis > Brake > Utility

Check abs fuses 1 and 2 and confirm voltages

clear the codes, then take it for a drive

Calibration fails due to the module needs programming will continue tomorrow. Appreciate all your advice 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links