Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help and advice please toyota yaris cross airbags deployed but braking power low displays

Abid ABS

Update i coded the srs module airbag light has cleared how ever only issue the abs is still in fail safe mode same code brake power low abs malfunction secondary brake malfunction parking brake malfunction 

C052f14 

Check the ABS 1 and 2 fuses are good, and you have power, but it may be a case of it not being able to carry any current

Apart from that, replace the ABS ECU or find someone to fix it, the fail-safe is internal to the ABS ecu

you could give Autotronics a call 0116 276 7054 and see if they can help

Disconnect the negative on the 12v Battery, leave it for 5 mins and then check the resistance between pin 1 on the ABS plug and the body

Edit. Do the brake lights work ??

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Disconnect the negative on the 12v battery, leave it for 5 mins and then check the resistance between pin 1 on the ABS plug and the body

Edit. Do the brake lights work ??

Yes break lights work parking break works when doing activation test with diagnostic it can be heard 1 but there is another active test that fails and blinks the hazards lights 

Just replaced the abs module and still got the code regarding short to ground ect along with a bunch of other codes as its not coded didn't see the point in coding as I just plugged it in to see if the error would clear .. so now im totally stuck ..I did test pin 1 and got a reading then went to 1 on the meter 

Apart from front bumper that needed replacing there was no wiring damage even the radar was intact .. 

I noticed the inside fuse box cover was missing with 3 fuses missing any one got a photo of the cover to see the fuse location  it's under the glove box please 

You need to code the module to the car, then clear the codes otherwise it will drop into fail-safe, have you look to see if there is a cal file available

TS - have you tried to run the active tests on the ABS ? Chassis / Brake / Active Test / Motor Relay

I take it you have done a steering angle zero point calibration

Yes I did reset memory and tried calibration does the same as the other one  did .I didn't bother to code it in as the fault code short to ground should not have been there I'm starting to think its something else 

Abs has 3 powers ABS 1, 2 and (these are direct 12v an IGR - IGR is the ecu turn on, replace the ABS 1 and 2 fuse they may test fine but may not be able to pull current across them

Also check the fusible links and fuses on the positive Battery terminal (pop the cover off)

be aware this information is for the Yaris GR

https://www.toyaris4.com/toyota_yaris_system_diagram-543.html

Calibration is that using TS or the Autel ?

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Abs has 3 powers ABS 1, 2 and (these are direct 12v an IGR - IGR is the ecu turn on, replace the ABS 1 and 2 fuse they may test fine but may not be able to pull current across them

Also check the fusible links and fuses on the positive battery terminal (pop the cover off)

be aware this information is for the Yaris GR

https://www.toyaris4.com/toyota_yaris_system_diagram-543.html

Calibration is that using TS or the Autel ?

Will double check again I've got both techstream and autel both in subscription 

That's a helpful link all fuses checked and continuity confirmed plus active test all work even live data shows power feeds wheel speed sensor values ect .but yaw rate and steering not configured.  Due to unable to calibrate .. I noticed a few fuses missing inside under glove box combination meter as fuse box cover was missing when I got the car..and I have read that secondary collision brake  is applied when airbags are deployed to stop the car from rolling  but my question is how to get it out this mode after replacing airbags and ecu .just to confirm i coded it 

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Yaw may be an issue

have you programmed the SRS module for that car with the Cal file - this has to be done while online

you can download CAL here if you haven't already

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/DiagnosticTools/ecu.aspx

Yes when connected online it said necessary and need to be unlocked ecu security key and done that online all airbag fault gone and when doing a full health check it dont show any faults other than in the break epb  c052f14 

Looking at C052f14 a bit closer and why they say to replace the whole module, is not the ABS ecu, but it's more than likely it has burnt the motor out

can you see any part numbers on the ABS pump body (metal part)

But with the replacement still had that code that's why I'm so confused 

Is that a complete abs pump ?? Or just the ecu, have you tried a CAL update on the ABS

Was a complete assembly pump and module... cal update in techstream in utility reset memory and calibration.  I don't see calibration update ?

I've got the headlights disconnected and daytime running lights disconnected if that causes anything 

Yaw rate sensor undone . My problem is I can't get it to recalibrate.  What I do is 

Reset memory then calibration then it says abs and traction light will blink for 2 mins mine does not and says if it dont to re try with parking break released.  But tried and not getting anywhere 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links