Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What did you do with your bZ4X today?

bZ4xSupra

Planning to swap mine for a Tesla 3. Negotiations are over. My main reason for going to Tesla is superchargers. I have feeling that we are wasting too much time charging esp in winter months.  Even to travel 200 miles one way you need to stop for 45 mins. Toyota technical support is too primitive. At least with Tesla there are a few who can deal with most of the technical problems and I haven't heard about any serious issues. I felt that this is the right time to change as Tesla prices are down and bz4x will fetch a decent money. I lost my vat money. If things don't improve in the next 3 months with bZ4x the depreciation will be severe. 

2 hours ago, Rajavina said:

bZ4x the depreciation will be severe

Interesting, we have been monitoring resale values for bZ4X for a couple of week.   There have been four on offer , checked today and prices seems to have been reduced quite a bit

1 hour ago, lightboxcar said:

Interesting, we have been monitoring resale values for bZ4X for a couple of week.   There have been four on offer , checked today and prices seems to have been reduced quite a bit

Yes. I am happy to lose just my vat and got a very good deal for 4000 miles Red Tesla with white interior. Jag showroom which had a 22 reg 4000 miles Blue Tesla Y was willing to give me £ 1000 more for bz4x. I was not keen to drive a Y. Planning to take delivery on Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, Rajavina said:

Yes. I am happy to lose just my vat and got a very good deal for 4000 miles Red Tesla with white interior. Jag showroom which had a 22 reg 4000 miles Blue Tesla Y was willing to give me £ 1000 more for bz4x. I was not keen to drive a Y. Planning to take delivery on Wednesday.

Mine has done close to 3000 miles

• 2 weeks later...

Add bZ4X logo to the back of my garage. Cutting and glusing the foam pads took about 45 minutes.

Install the door moldings. I want to choose the silver but I was told Toyota only offers in red and black.

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

phonto.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

On 12/12/2022 at 11:46 PM, John Puruntong said:

Installed illuminated window switches that I bought from Amazon that were originally for my 2021 Rav4 Prime.  Sold the Prime earlier this year and removed the switches before selling.

A67C68A8-6FE8-4991-9481-FFA53D1D9B07.thumb.jpeg.cdb4df44bbcc8327b96eb5b0327e2cb8.jpeg
Driver

EF66F233-207C-47D0-83E6-390583234D0F.thumb.jpeg.6007706f58df353031b616b2e820ce10.jpeg

Passenger Side

E44A1894-CF50-4FBD-91DC-D299BAA7AE15.thumb.jpeg.0e6351f100c3be02be8e7b46944e3cf3.jpeg
Pry in this corner to remove trim

DD58C1FB-9D27-424C-8FB0-CFBC96F6BAE7.thumb.jpeg.b9b9ae92b42c5a8dca4610e87eba1143.jpeg

I bought the whole set which also includes the 3 window switch for the other 3 doors. The main one wirks fine but when I connected the rear door window switch, there was no light. Yes, I notice the 3 harness adapters that came with the set as seen below but there're no connector inside to mate with! I saw a blue connector that seemed to go nowhere so I removed and tried but not fit. 

Need help if someone has a clue.

614fkpXr9jL._SL1500_.jpg

12 hours ago, Tanasit said:

I bought the whole set which also includes the 3 window switch for the other 3 doors. The main one wirks fine but when I connected the rear door window switch, there was no light. Yes, I notice the 3 harness adapters that came with the set as seen below but there're no connector inside to mate with! I saw a blue connector that seemed to go nowhere so I removed and tried but not fit. 

614fkpXr9jL._SL1500_.jpg

I wanted to replace them too. But I thought it may affect the cars warranty. So I gave up.  Don't you think it will be a problem?

12 hours ago, Tanasit said:

614fkpXr9jL._SL1500_.jpg

EC6C8CEB-76DD-4560-9287-BB2EFDCF8BE6.thumb.jpeg.75ac01e9b22f1cadecf4b37cfcb7d780.jpeg

2 hours ago, John Puruntong said:

EC6C8CEB-76DD-4560-9287-BB2EFDCF8BE6.thumb.jpeg.75ac01e9b22f1cadecf4b37cfcb7d780.jpeg

I tried that (add the wire harness that came with the set as per your photo), but it still does NOT work.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Tanasit said:

I tried that (add the wire harness that came with the set as per your photo), but it still does NOT work.

Thanks

Which one did you get?  I’m using this:  https://a.co/d/f3GfSXk

A4AAF05D-BD00-44E9-AD42-E73DB85E311E.thumb.jpeg.e69972e84d1deb1e5eb57a8605fc6322.jpeg22906D51-873B-443E-9E89-AC69D0E02425.thumb.jpeg.72ca9b1854d0baa7bd2ea796e0a45daa.jpeg

15 hours ago, John Puruntong said:

Yes that is exactly the same set I bought from Amazon. At first I saw the 3 harness but didn't use them but later I connected them as per your photo but no light.

I tried ALL 3 small ones on both rear doors, none worked.

I'll give it another trial tomorrow. BTW, do I have to keep the doors closed??

On 2/18/2023 at 10:20 PM, Tanasit said:

Yes that is exactly the same set I bought from Amazon. At first I saw the 3 harness but didn't use them but later I connected them as per your photo but no light.

I tried ALL 3 small ones on both rear doors, none worked.

I'll give it another trial tomorrow. BTW, do I have to keep the doors closed??

It turned out that 2 of the 3 window switches are defective!! Thus only 1 works...🥵 I have to order a new set and return the first one.

Well, yesterday and the day before, actually...

I tried to parallel park into a tight spot in a restaurant car park and managed to knock over a large stone plant container. It was dark / wet and the reverse camera was next to useless in those conditions. Damn, I wish this thing had a little wiper fitter. Plus point, no damage done to the car as the nudge was against the large plastic trim.

I reversed out of a parking bay yesterday and bumped into a metal post next to the wing. The obstacle detector didn't pick it up. I think it was the big fat tyre that got in the way, so thankfully no damage done. The (narrow) post was in a stupid place, really, as it could only prevent a nutter from driving into pedestrians which, frankly, could happen anywhere. On the matter of posts, B&Q car park drives me nuts. They insist on planting wooden posts all over the place that make it very difficult to park without leaving your rear end sticking out quite a way.

Quite an achievement to have a couple of nudges within a couple of days! It spurred me to check out the automatic parking option, which could well have helped at the restaurant, but it doesn't seem to feature on my car, sadly.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

10 months later - she has arrived !  Downloaded a few charging apps, ordered a few RFID cards.  Impressed so far.
image.thumb.png.43f8ccf6c2afc1f334ac5837e56ad2f2.png

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Jerdi said:

10 months later - she has arrived !  Downloaded a few charging apps, ordered a few RFID cards.  Impressed so far.
image.thumb.png.43f8ccf6c2afc1f334ac5837e56ad2f2.png

Congratulations, drive safe.

Very nice car, I love driving my bZ4X! 

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 4:55 AM, Mister Mike said:

It’s a pity the door locking/unlocking switches aren’t illuminated by default. I felt like a right lemon the other night when I pulled up outside my friends’ house and they couldn’t get in because of locked doors. I can do it in the dark by touch now - find the mirror control, lock button in front of that has raised bumps, unlock button is smooth. Not the greatest of ergonomics.

Yes, I looked down to let friends out the other night and couldn't believe there was no illumination on the buttons.

After , oh dear, was always going to happen.... :

Trip to the body shop TBA

scratch.jpg

And for anyone curious as to how it happened...

We arrived at a motorway service station charger, and the parked in a manner that need the charging cable draped over the bonnet

( we were in a bit of a panic to grab the charger whilst it was available ).

Either the cable was dirty with gravel dust and/or the paintwork on the bZ4X is pretty thin !

Lesson learned...

• Sad 2

Yeeesh that sucks :sad: 

Do you have smart repair cover? They did a decent repair job on mine when my friend's keychain scratched my door.

I guess a big soft blanket will need to be added to the EV owner's always-carry toolkit??

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Do you have smart repair cover?

Don't think so, but luckily freinds own a body shop

The blanket it a decent idea !

• Like 1

Could also do double-duty if you're running low on charge and have to turn off the heater in winter to make it to the next charger!! :laugh: 

I now wear a big coat in winter in my Mk4 because I can't mentally handle my mpg dropping from mid-70s to 50s in winter if I use the heater in stop start traffic! :fear: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links