Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T App - 'Find my car' function

EcoDriver85

On 3/6/2023 at 8:49 PM, Big_D said:

…….. once you've registered with Toyota, you need to register the media unit. i found this easier to do while in the settings screen of the car, rather than on the interweb

When trying to set up some functions, it has asked for the serial number of my media unit.  I am the second owner of the vehicle (C-HR 21-plate), so where do I find this info? Would it be in documentation that was supplied to the first owner, but which has not been passed on?

Albert, it might be in the settings. 

1 hour ago, Haliotis said:
On 3/6/2023 at 8:49 PM, Big_D said:

…….. once you've registered with Toyota, you need to register the media unit. i found this easier to do while in the settings screen of the car, rather than on the interweb

When trying to set up some functions, it has asked for the serial number of my media unit.

IIRC, as Big_D suggests, it is easiest to do this from the car. On the media unit, log in to your My Toyota account and the media unit will register itself - it knows who it is. Or, at least, I'm pretty sure that's what worked for me three years ago ... 😉

Thanks for the advice - will try this when I can get other things sorted out.  Recently. My T app has refused to recognise my login password.  So I went through the “forgotten password” procedure, only to end up with a message that something has gone wrong and to try again after some time.   I don’t know what period “some time” is supposed to represent, but several hours and even next day has not resolved it.

30 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

Thanks for the advice - will try this when I can get other things sorted out.  Recently. My T app has refused to recognise my login password.  So I went through the “forgotten password” procedure, only to end up with a message that something has gone wrong and to try again after some time.   I don’t know what period “some time” is supposed to represent, but several hours and even next day has not resolved it.

Yeees ... in the modern vernacular, the MyT app is a "bit pants". Fortunately, you don't need it - you don't rely on it for anything important - so you are free to ignore it completely! (I do mostly)

Do check that you can log in to the My Toyota website, and that your vehicle is correctly registered there as an 'Owned Car' ...

Oh Hell! It is the Toyota website I’m having trouble with - www.Toyota.co.uk

when trying to sign in, ensuring I have typed in my correct email address and password, it asks for valid credentials to sign in.

A couple of days ago, in frustration I tapped on ‘forgotten password’ . Following the emailed instructions to enter a news password, I still could not sign in.  So I tried my old password, but it said something to the effect that this had been updated.     So I went onto Create an Account, using my usual email address, but it simply said this was already in use, so use another email address.

This I have now done, also using a totally new password.  But when I use the instructed LOGIN button, it come back with a request to enter valid credentials.  The frustrating thing is that with my original email address “it” knows I am there, but won’t permit me to advance to logging in.

I don’t know if this is possible, but I am going to try to delete my existing account and then register as a new subscriber, ALTHOUGH, should not my second email address have done just that?  GRRR!

Here is an update:   Could not delete existing login info. However, when looking at required characters to form password, I took the example to be abbreviated and that all special characters could be used (my special character was not in the list).   So I went through the new password procedure and chose a special character that was on the list - and hey presto, it worked.  Logging out and in again did still ask for valid credentials, although when I pressed button a second time it did allow me in.

Still sounds a bit dodgy but I can live with that provided it doesn’t completely freeze me out again.  To be safe, not logging out when I leave the website.

IIRC the £ is not accepted

Rant: why does every App designer add a password requirement?

I think the apparent need of a password for all scenarios is a bit like the overdoing of restrictions due to the Data Protection Act.

I now make my passwords the name of the website (e.g., Toyota), then a special character, then my birth year, repeat special character, and then my initials.  It always shows the password to be strong, and I don’t need to keep password records as they are still easy for me to recall.

But why have a password if accessing the account offers no sensitive information?

1 hour ago, Haliotis said:

But why have a password if accessing the account offers no sensitive information?

Quite.

And why so complicated.

And what defeats the password is 'forgotten password'.  Often all that is needed is your email address.

Followed the instructions to register my media unit, and actually got a lengthy (serial number?).  But the media unit seemed not to recognise this, so am back to square one.  Due to go into Toyota dealership for annual service in September, so will ask for some help at same time.

• 1 month later...

Today I received my reminder from my Toyota dealer ref my annual service, which is tomorrow.   It also referred me to my Toyota account (My T app?), where it highlights a number of available options. These are emphasized with icons which do not match those in the app.  The “Toyota Portal” is mentioned - is this a different animal to the app?

In the app, I can get the Hybrid Coaching and Car Location but, when trying other icons, I simply get “an error has occurred. Try again later”.

I’ll ask about it at the dealership tomorrow and see what they say.

On 12/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, bewA said:

For you to have a recovery of a stolen vehicle you'd need a third party installed tracker.

I'm sure others will correct me if i've not understood.

You have misunderstood.  The car location is uploaded to Toyota provided you have not set the privacy function.   You can then see where the car was when switched off.

If, when they arrive in Leeds,  they put the car on a transporter and park it in an underground garage you are then screwed 

5 hours ago, asinrutee said:

I 've hidden an Apple Air Tag in my car

Make a note where you put it.  Trust me, it's easy to forget

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links