Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Seats

Jimota

10 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Maybe a seating position thing? I have a normal Yaris and don't have issues accessing the buttons; I often toggle off brake hold when doing e.g. tight parallel parks, as it's easier to fight the creep since I can't make it not creep. I also sometimes cycle through the power modes when on the motorway (I use Eco mode most of the time as it gives more low-speed control, but Power or Normal are definitely more suited at higher speeds if I'm not abusing the smeg out of the cruise control :laugh: )

The light-coloured armrest is looking a bit nasty now tho', it gets marked so easily! :crybaby: 

I only use brake hold when stopped in queuing traffic after years of driving autos I always expect it to creep when i release the brake which is what I prefer it to do.
You’re right about seating position as I found if I raise the seat it’s easier to get to the buttons but when sat higher the front visibility is worse as the large mirror and centre cowl gets in the way, which is why I was  thinking the higher seating position of the cross would cure the issue. 

On a plus point my arm rest is still like new😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never thought I’d receive so many responses to my original post.  Some really informative and interesting comments, especially in regard to the position of the airbags from the usual contributors, but I was hoping that someone would give detailed views on how it affects their overall seating comfort.  As previously mentioned, it’s not a really big deal for me but the Yaris Cross seats are not the most comfortable nor are they the worst that I’ve experienced.  I suppose that I would give them an above average score to an otherwise excellent car in all other aspects.  Still too early to give a full and comprehensive report but I’d like to give an informed opinion after I have completed at least 1000 miles. Cheers.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Still too early to give a full and comprehensive report but I’d like to give an informed opinion after I have completed at least 1000 miles. 

Will you hurry up and get some mileage done please? 😁

• Haha 6

Afraid I’m going to disappoint you David.  At the end of February, I fly out to Western Australia for 4 weeks to visit my daughter after my original holiday was cancelled due to the Covid restrictions.  After that a short break to Bali before I return to Scotland.  However, believe it or not, my daughter has a Toyota Yaris Cross on order and hopes to take delivery of it while I’m there.  Just like her dad, she’s moving from Audi ownership to Toyota. 

• Like 4

"At the end of February"

C'mom, there's nearly two weeks left to the end of February! Seriously, enjoy the trip, Australia and then Bali - certainly sounds nice. I might have my own Cross by the time you get back. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks David, this will be my tenth trip to Australia and I’ve really missed the place.  I will however give you a full report on the Aussie Yaris Cross should it arrive in time.  Interestingly, Australia no longer build cars after Holden ceased trading and Toyota and Ford pulled out of production in 2017 I believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Almost everyone in Australia seems to have a Toyota or two kicking around, you should be able to get a good few Kms of driving in over there, even if you just need to get a rental car. 😉

I really like the idea of those central airbags, after watching that video.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 12:03 AM, anchorman said:

The seats in my Excel are flippin awful.  What is this obsession with over bolstering?  The only good point is the heaters are excellent, not warm but hot.

Heated seats in Yaris cross are very very mediocre. Once you sat in top tier bmw's(i'm guessing also in any other premium car), you will know what good heating seats are.

Those in yaris put heat only on the middle part(and middle back, but very weak heat on back), no heaters on sides of the seats and you end up sitting on half hot and half freezing cold seat, not very pleasent. I'm using my heaters in yaris only on Low setting, because High settings is just uncomftable. But apparently some peoples like anchorman like it...that's bizarre to me.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RobertR said:

Heated seats in Yaris cross are very very mediocre. Once you sat in top tier bmw's(i'm guessing also in any other premium car), you will know what good heating seats are.

Those in yaris put heat only on the middle part(and middle back, but very weak heat on back), no heaters on sides of the seats and you end up sitting on half hot and half freezing cold seat, not very pleasent. I'm using my heaters in yaris only on Low setting, because High settings is just uncomftable. But apparently some peoples like anchorman like it...that's bizarre to me.

Don’t assume I’ve worked my way up to a Cross.  I’ve had all sorts of luxury cars including top of the range 2022 Lexus with heated and ventilated seats so I don’t need telling that I’m wrong.    The seats are heated right up to the shoulders and although the bolsters aren’t heated, the spread is doesn’t leave cold spots that are typical of leather seats.  I have the heaters on full in cold weather then cool it down after a while - the reason for two settings.  The seats and the heated part of the wheel are hot.  They’re good, not mediocre by most people’s standard, even the owners of luxury BMWs which need good heaters while you’re waiting for the recovery truck.  

CB6F7D22-E383-493C-9E54-46B609D5CCC7.png

59100BDF-A7EF-430F-8984-3C719C8C136F.jpeg

1F257622-9F6B-4897-ACFF-3BDBCDE48AA7.jpeg

• Like 5

I don’t really like leather seats so I’ve had no need for the upholstery to be heated.

37 minutes ago, Jimota said:

I don’t really like leather seats so I’ve had no need for the upholstery to be heated.

They used to charge thousands for leather seat upgrades so now some cars have them standard, I presume we’re being charged the upgrade without being asked.  If you can call fabric seats standard, I’d downgrade every time - even in a Lexus.  There are plenty of alternatives these days.  

• Like 1

Yaris seats are mediocre at every way.(maybe design stand up, but everything else is at lower side, comfort, heat distribution and regulation, adjustability) Seats must be heated all the way to be comfortable, yarises are not, they heat maybe 70% of my body that touching seat and rest is stone cold in the morning drive and that uncomfortable. But anchor working on every car made, ever, so, that's mean his opition is unshakable and righteous and other people's opinions and preferences are wrong.

image.thumb.png.5d1620553f54d0b10c314319faae68ca.png

Another example of bad(or standard) and good heated seats.

Half of you thighs will be cold in tesla 3 while your butt will burn to coal.

In some high spec bmw's, you can adjust how much power it goes to each section. (people have they preferences, or someone is used to wear thicker pants or what ever)

image.thumb.png.31b5c27b2815956d0173afe3ae8efb88.png

44 minutes ago, RobertR said:

Yaris seats are mediocre at every way.(maybe design stand up, but everything else is at lower side, comfort, heat distribution and regulation, adjustability) Seats must be heated all the way to be comfortable, yarises are not, they heat maybe 70% of my body that touching seat and rest is stone cold in the morning drive and that uncomfortable. But anchor working on every car made, ever, so, that's mean his opition is unshakable and righteous and other people's opinions and preferences are wrong.

image.thumb.png.5d1620553f54d0b10c314319faae68ca.png

You set the tone by suggesting I’ve never sat in a top tier BMW so wasn’t qualified or experienced enough to suggest my heated seat were hot.  You haven’t got a clue what I’ve sat in.  Now you seem to say they are.  I haven’t sat in every car ever made, that’s puerile but I’ve sat in a lot that have never been made.  Once you’ve sat in one of those seats you can judge other people but you could never afford to 👍

I'm happy that you are such an experience guy, good for you, but not important here. What is important, especially for others or for potential buyers, is we are talking about the same seats and they are perfect for you and not so much for me and I explain why did I say that. And the fact you sat in space ship doesn't change the fact that yaris seats are not fully heated(they head only the middle part of the seat) and for some people, mine included is an important thing, because if heating seats will be that tipping point for buy or not to buy this car( or choose some expensive equipment pack) your opinion may change they minds.

Just saying, Yaris seats are nothing special, they are fine for a small city car but don't expect some kind of high-level refinement. They are the same as similarly priced competitors, including basic heating features.

You also like LED interior lightning but that doesn't mean everybody like it.

if we leave the arguments on a side, does anyone agree with me that the seats on Yaris Cross Design look like they have a non symmetrical bolsters that might be caused by the foam padding deformation ? 
On the pictures taken off the Toyota website configurator the seat base and back support look with symmetrical bolsters but in any other Design Car seen on the web and in person the seats bolsters look non symmetrical?, perhaps  as a result of daily use. If that’s the case we just had found another niggle to moan about Toyota, latest cars and quality. 

• Like 1

Tony, I’ve only had my car for 7 weeks and the front passenger seat has hardly been used.  However, both the drivers seat and the passenger seat are not symmetrical and the  width measurements I took are exactly the same for both seats.  So I don’t think that daily use so far would cause padding deformation.  The plot thickens as they say! 🧐

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jimota said:

Tony, I’ve only had my car for 7 weeks and the front passenger seat has hardly been used.  However, both the drivers seat and the passenger seat are not symmetrical and the  width measurements I took are exactly the same for both seats.  So I don’t think that daily use so far would cause padding deformation.  The plot thickens as they say! 🧐

Well that’s good to know. Thanks for share this information. Seems like the design of the car and nothing to worry about 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RobertR said:

I'm happy that you are such an experience guy, good for you, but not important here. What is important, especially for others or for potential buyers, is we are talking about the same seats and they are perfect for you and not so much for me and I explain why did I say that. And the fact you sat in space ship doesn't change the fact that yaris seats are not fully heated(they head only the middle part of the seat) and for some people, mine included is an important thing, because if heating seats will be that tipping point for buy or not to buy this car( or choose some expensive equipment pack) your opinion may change they minds.

Just saying, Yaris seats are nothing special, they are fine for a small city car but don't expect some kind of high-level refinement. They are the same as similarly priced competitors, including basic heating features.

You also like LED interior lightning but that doesn't mean everybody like it.

You’ve misunderstood me.  I hate the seats.  I think the seat heaters are good.  

You're still better off than me; I hate the seats and don't have seat heaters!! :crybaby: 

I'm just thankful towels were invented! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Back in the day Saab's were said to be the most comfortable car seats ever made & whilst the vast majority of Owners agreed, more than a  few grumbled.

Spines & Posture are unique so a standard seat will not be perfect for all.

Same, Seat Heaters where my Honda would fry an egg yet my Ronda was tepid. In those days. I consumed Company Cars & dressed accordingly for my 90 mile Winter commute to the Factory.

People with potential issues need extended Test Drives.

Tel

• Like 4

You can’t please everyone. I find the seats in my standard excel just about the most comfortable I’ve ever had I spent 2 1/2 hours stuck on a closed motorway the other day with no problems at all. 

• Like 4

On 2/16/2023 at 2:50 PM, TonyHSD said:

if we leave the arguments on a side, does anyone agree with me that the seats on Yaris Cross Design look like they have a non symmetrical bolsters that might be caused by the foam padding deformation ? 
On the pictures taken off the Toyota website configurator the seat base and back support look with symmetrical bolsters but in any other Design Car seen on the web and in person the seats bolsters look non symmetrical?, perhaps  as a result of daily use. If that’s the case we just had found another niggle to moan about Toyota, latest cars and quality. 

Mine are also non-symmetric. The side closer to the door is bigger and faces doors. My guess is because of easy access in and out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ralph H said:

You can’t please everyone. I find the seats in my standard excel just about the most comfortable I’ve ever had I spent 2 1/2 hours stuck on a closed motorway the other day with no problems at all. 

That's interesting, as I was thinking it was the 'Sports Seats' in the higher Mk4 trims that was the issue. Maybe I've got the seat set up wrong, or I'm just deformed! :eek: 

My main issue is the lumbar support - Without the towel I've wedged there, my lower back is in agony after 30 minutes!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links