Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service plan for C-HR

Spo2

Hi all,

My vehicle is due for service soon, and I was wondering if anyone has bought service plan for C-HR. Can it be bought via Toyota website or do I need to go to the dealer? My car is not yet over 1 year old, so can I buy plan for new car (under 12 months old) which apparently gets two more years of road side assistance? 

Many thanks for your help.

Sol

Don't know about a new 1 year old car but bought a service plan with the dealer for our used 2021 C-HR. 

These days you buy the service plan through your dealer. The cost is the same as Toyota's fixed price servicing:

• You can pay monthly so it helps with budgeting
  • You pay at today's prices so you are protected against inflation
  • You pay in advance so the dealer gets the money before the service is ever booked

If you are imminently approaching the first service it might make sense to pay for that one in the normal way and set-up a service plan for the next two or three.

It won't include collection and delivery unless that is a service provided for 'free' by the dealer but you cn always ask.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My plan for the CHR is £23.51 a month and the dealer set it up from new.   Not sure about another 2 years road side assist.    My understanding is that after the first year the road side assist has to be paid for unlike the Lexus cars I bought new which had 3 years RSA but then again only 3 years warranty compared to 5 years warranty with a Toyota.   So if you are saying your dealer is giving 2 years extra RSA please let me know so I can take it up with my dealer.

1 minute ago, sh22 said:

My plan for the CHR is £23.51 a month and the dealer set it up from new.   Not sure about another 2 years road side assist.    My understanding is that after the first year the road side assist has to be paid for unlike the Lexus cars I bought new which had 3 years RSA but then again only 3 years warranty compared to 5 years warranty with a Toyota.   So if you are saying your dealer is giving 2 years extra RSA please let me know so I can take it up with my dealer.

Steve,

I think the RSA is mentioned on Toyota's website. I did not enquire about the service plan and decided that I will pay as I get services done.

Sol

OK thanks Sol I will send the salesman an email and ask about RSA.

14 minutes ago, sh22 said:

OK thanks Sol I will send the salesman an email and ask about RSA.

... and your dealer can let you know the cost ... 😉

Basically you can choose whether or not to included additional years of RSA into your service plan - and pay the appropriate amount via the budget plan. These days I don't believe that you get much (anything) for free. 🙂

I bought 2 years RSA and it comes with RSA for that time.

On 2/22/2023 at 6:09 PM, Spo2 said:

Do the plan prove to be cheaper?

The main advantage of a service plan is that your service costs are fixed for the duration of the plan. So if Toyota increase their service costs during the period of your service plan, you avoid paying the increased charges until after the plan ends.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 3:01 PM, sh22 said:

Is this plan just to cover the yearly service. Mine is coming up in 2 months for first service and main dealer has quoted me £240.00. so just wondered what you get for the extra £42.00. ? 

I did not go with the plan and paid £240 and another £12 for collection and delivery.

53 minutes ago, Roger F said:

Is this plan just to cover the yearly service. Mine is coming up in 2 months for first service and main dealer has quoted me £240.00. so just wondered what you get for the extra £42.00. ? 

An intermediate service is £240. A full service is £370.

A service plan may include multiple services as well as additional years Roadside Assistance and MoT costs with the total cost paid via a monthly budget plan. For details / examples see: Toyota Service Plan Plus.

Given that your next service is almost due you are probably better off paying for that and, if you want to, setting up a service plan going forward after that ... 😉

The plan for my wife's C-HR is £21.18 pcm since that reflected the pricing when she set it up from new in 2021. It will cover two intermediate services and one full service, two additional years RSA and an MoT (I think / hope).

• Like 1

With the service plan, there is also additional discount on some parts and, if I remember correctly, free fitting of wipers and something else.

Like @philip42h I bought my service plan in 2021 and pay £21.81 per month. Service prices have gone up since I took out the plan, so overall I am still saving,

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links