Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Floor mats

Newbie47

Can anybody recommend car mats for the new yaris - preferably rubber for lower maintenance? Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

Hi Andy, I would certainly recommend Toyota mats, good quality and no lingering rubber smell which a lot of after market mats have 👍

• Like 5

Me too , plus they have a deep lip around the edge which helps to contain debris...

• Like 4

I bought some from the local dealer in early February. The part number is PW210-0D106 

These were for our 2022 Yaris Excel

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I bought some from the local dealer in early February. The part number is PW210-0D106 

These were for our 2022 Yaris Excel

Thanks Big_D - they look good quality. How are you finding them?

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant. They are a perfect fit and well worth the money to protect the mats already in the car. I did have to remove the driver's carpet mat, but the rubber ones fit over the other mats without a problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Absolutely brilliant. They are a perfect fit and well worth the money to protect the mats already in the car. I did have to remove the driver's carpet mat, but the rubber ones fit over the other mats without a problem.

Thank you - might have to give them a go as like the idea of lower maintenance mats!

• Like 1

I have a simillar set in my C-HR, and now have them in the Good Lady's Yaris. What I do like about them is the easy maintenance, exactly as @Newbie47says. I've used a pressure washer on my mats with no ill effects.

• Like 5

I do like that they have a decent dish/lip so water off your boots doesn't just roll off them into the carpet, but collects so you can lift the mat out and tip all the water out.

They also have an extra 'flap' that covers the dead pedal.

• Like 5

I’m a carpet man myself.  Anybody tried some decent heavyweight carpets?   I’m wary of these giveaways that come with the car blowing away when I open the door.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I’m a carpet man myself.  Anybody tried some decent heavyweight carpets?   I’m wary of these giveaways that come with the car blowing away when I open the door.  

Do they not lock to the floor?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, anchorman said:

Hi Don, I agree that the Toyota carpet mats that come with the car are pretty poor especially the backing material, and they wouldn't last long.

I too like  carpet mats and feel they set the interior of the car off, but I tend to use my rubber mats most of the year as they are more practical and protect the floor better than the carpet mats 👍

• Like 3

Don,

Simply Car mats do a variety carpets for our Cross.

Tel

• Like 3

I have the Toyota rubber mats in now (for winter) and muddy adventures. The factory mats are reserved for summer/best.

• Like 5

Aww that's surprising; The carpet mats in my previous Toyotas were pretty robust, if filthy! They all suffered from that 'ankle wear' spot where you'd roll your ankle when engaging the clutch tho'

17 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Do they not lock to the floor?

The driver's one will but the others don't and while they're tailored to fit the space correctly with all the little fiddly bends and cutouts, there's nothing actually holding them in place.

I get this problem a lot as my friends, and their neanderthal club feet, somehow always twist and slide the mats out of place when they get out, especially the rears. It's quite annoying having to re-seat them as the rubber gets all bent up into its new incorrect diagonal position and it takes a little time for it to get its shape back and settle into its space; I do wish the rears had a one-piece mat like you can get from some of the other models to stop this happening so easily...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The carpet mats in my previous Toyotas were pretty robust

The Yaris Cross factory ones are around a third of the weight of my old RAV ones. Definitely made to a price. They do actually clean up well though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IT Troll said:

The Yaris Cross factory ones are around a third of the weight of my old RAV ones. Definitely made to a price. They do actually clean up well though.

Weight reduction, saves fuel 😂 , or perhaps money to the manufacturer 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Weight reduction, saves fuel 😂 , or perhaps money to the manufacturer 😉

A bit of both I think Tony.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Aww that's surprising; The carpet mats in my previous Toyotas were pretty robust, if filthy! They all suffered from that 'ankle wear' spot where you'd roll your ankle when engaging the clutch tho'

The driver's one will but the others don't and while they're tailored to fit the space correctly with all the little fiddly bends and cutouts, there's nothing actually holding them in place.

I get this problem a lot as my friends, and their neanderthal club feet, somehow always twist and slide the mats out of place when they get out, especially the rears. It's quite annoying having to re-seat them as the rubber gets all bent up into its new incorrect diagonal position and it takes a little time for it to get its shape back and settle into its space; I do wish the rears had a one-piece mat like you can get from some of the other models to stop this happening so easily...

Aye passengers and their strange ways in others cars.

My favourite I think is when the passenger releases their seat belt when you stop , and let it twang right on the door pillar causing scratches , and these are drivers themselves btw,who would throw a hissy fit if were done to them.

The other ones are usually none drivers, opening the door before you've finished manoeuvring and parked, pointing out none existing parking spaces, and saying just as you are sailing past a junction"you should have turned left there"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I had tried some sticky-back velcro and it seemed to work quite well initially, but over time started slowly shredding bits of the carpet. Not tried carpet tape, but I'm not sure  if that would be better than the velcro! I think the only solution likely to work is to remove their legs TBH... :whistling1: :laugh: 

It's only a minor issue TBH, and since lockdown we haven't hung out as much as we used to, plus one of them got his own smegging car finally!! (Although having been a passenger with him I now feel I'd be a lot safer being the driver...)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

I think the only solution likely to work is to remove their legs TBH... :whistling1: :laugh:

Wanna borrow my sabre-saw?🪚😉

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links