Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK IQ Double din conversion.

Comfy

Hi all - thought id start a fresh thread as im just about to embark on a double din conversion....never fitted a car stereo before. Ive made a start...got the parts on order but still need to source more stuff...

Ive got all the initial parts coming from Hong Kong minus the vertical tell tale lights. I got those from my local uk dealer....i probably could have gotten all the other bits but just assumed from posts on here they had to be sourced internationally....never mind...theyre on their way...

The next thing i think is some sort of wiring harness....is there an iso connector (some sort of loom conversion) and also is there something that transfers all of the steering controls as well?

With regards to the head unit - i know some of you say go with the standard stuff (Pioneer on that front) but i will say im still intrigued by the android head units but not the cheap ones....not made my decision yet....the thing that sways me away from say a pioneer unit is the maps....so many times in the past ive sat in someones car and if we're going somewhere the map goes a bit mental and then the driver says..."yeah...cant get the maps any more for it..." - i know that wouldnt happen with an android unit...i work in IT and totally happy with working on android stuff from an os point of view (firmware flashes, bootload unlocking etc etc)

Anyway - thought id kick this thread off as im just about to start...

CarPlay uses your phone for navigation, so whatever app works for you

do you have a rear cam ?

Steering wheel controls - CTSTY001.2  (acts as a wiring adapter)

power and Speakers are standard 10+6

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

You get what you pay for, a device that does everything that is mediocre at best or a device actually design for a purpose, It's a bit like putting a 200 client SQL database on a 2 bay NAS that also does the security cameras vs putting is on a dual Xeon server

If you're in IT, you should know you need to switch off and abandon tech or you just want something to do its job sometimes

Me, I'm not bitter lol

heh yeah...but as i say the amount of times ive sat in a car with an aftermarket head unit and the maps dont work...! whereas an android head unit with my co pilot app (which ive had for years) just updates....

Plus the child in me sees it as a bit of a gadget..! 🙂

No ive not got a rear cam....(i did think about it though...)

I must confess i do tend to be a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut type of person...my NAS at home is an old poweredge R730 with an NVidia quadro card for gpu offload....i used to use a nas but they just run out of steam....! so thought id go the whole hog.!

Just ordered the steering wheel controls....getting expensive this car is...just ordered a front left shock this morning as well...for whatever reason last night i looked on the MOT and there was an advisory for the front shock....so thats gotta be done as well...i dont be-grudge it....ive literally put tyres, brake pads and one set of discs on it and its been trouble free for 12 years now so it could do with some TLC and upgrades...!

Looking forward to the updates on your iQ. Errr, Please, do replace shock absorbers in pairs, it's the only right way..... 

• Like 1

Yep - i did in the end..that was the rear dampers. Its had a lot of money spent on it recently so i am only going to stick with doing the one at the moment and get another one next month.

• Like 1

So - after doing a copy and paste of the parts list on another thread here and then, paying in advance for said parts - understandably they asked for the VIN which i emailed over. Theyve said now, 2 of the parts wont fit...so ive asked them to send what fits, send me a refund and then when the parts turn up ill have a "re-group" see what ive got then post, pics of what ive got on here and then if anyone can...err... fill in the "parts blanks" then ill order those from the local dealer here in the UK.

• Sad 1

The list is correct pm me a vin and what you have ordered

• Top SatNav Dash Cover - 55414-74020-B1
  • Inner SatNav Dash Cover - 55422-74010-C0
  • Replacement Dash Middle (Outer/Top) - 55412-74020-B0
  • Replacement Dash Middle (Inner/Bottom) - 55416-74020-C0
  • Lower Dash Structure - 86211-74020 (Left) or 86212-74020 (Right)
  • Airbag Indicator Warning Lamp Telltale (TypeB) - 83950-74080

Toyota_iQ_parts1.jpg.c648b3f536048cfcabf

The fabled vertical tell tale light!.... So readily available from Toyota uk... 

20230331_114154.jpg

20230331_114128.jpg

20230331_114122.jpg

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

The list is correct pm me a vin and what you have ordered

• Top SatNav Dash Cover - 55414-74020-B1
  • Inner SatNav Dash Cover - 55422-74010-C0
  • Replacement Dash Middle (Outer/Top) - 55412-74020-B0
  • Replacement Dash Middle (Inner/Bottom) - 55416-74020-C0
  • Lower Dash Structure - 86211-74020 (Left) or 86212-74020 (Right)
  • Airbag Indicator Warning Lamp Telltale (TypeB) - 83950-74080

Toyota_iQ_parts1.jpg.c648b3f536048cfcabf

Cheers - thanks very much....just waiting for them to come back with what they are actually sending!

Also received the USB thingy.... forgot to take a pic of the box as well.! 🙂

20230331_114031.jpg

• Thanks 1

Compared the pic that you sent over (many thanks) nice to see it graphically...! and thats what theyre sending...they said that they werent right for my uk ViN number but i guess thats because they were meant for the Scion...! - anyway...parts are on their way.!

Of course, it will not show with your VIN as it was not supplied from the factory with the double din !!

uk/eu/JDMUSDM models have the parts listed

I take it you have got the double din fascia

Yep. Thats what ive ordered.! as the above pic.!

Oh - another question...do i have to get some sort of plug converter to convert the aerial from one type to another...ive watched a few videos of people installing aftermarket head units and putting on some sort of converter...?

It's standard Toyota, they come in ISO or DIN to suit your needs

CT27AA78

or

CT27AA79

or

CT27AA130 (pre terminated feed, DIN only)

ok - not sure what you mean.....what plug have i got on the iq? (ive not taken the dash apart yet so i dont know what im looking at) just wanted to get everything in place for when it does come apart...be a pain to pull it all to pieces and not be able to finish it or, put it all back together to have to take it apart again...

Edit...so googling the part ive got the white plug....? as in theres one of those white Male plugs on the car side?

You have the standard Toyota white plug in the car, the connector on the other end depends on what you are fitting most aftermarket radios use DIN

CT27AA78 is the more common one (DIN)

After alot of back and forth on the messaging the main bulk of the parts have now been sent from Japan (not sure when they'll get here though) - there will be a lull in activity as i need to get the actual headunit - im still doing research so not settled on anything yet but, leaning toward the Android head unit option...was in Halfords the other day and had a look at the conventional stuff, Kenwood, Pioneer etc etc and they do look nice...

One observation is i can see multiple, say Pioneer units that all look roughly the same but vary a lot in price...i think the main take that ive got it most of the android units do wireless android auto and Apple car play whereas the really expensive regular stuff does...

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links