Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Camera Trigger Wire XP90 2011 Yaris UK MK2 Facelift

Zaz

Hi All new to the Yaris World ....... I have a Yaris 2011 Model MK2 Facelift (UK Version), it's fitted with a TNS410 Media Unit Chasis starts with VNK (French Manufactured)

When Vehicle is placed in to reverse I get a blue screen appear Has anyone fitted a universal reverse camera on there TNS410 unit and if so where is the trigger reverse wire on these units?

I have done a bit of googling and some say there is some 28 pin or 16 pin plug you buy etc etc but I am not sure.

If the power to the reverse camera is from reverse light 12v & earth (neg) and all ready have a Phono wire (RCA Plug) which is not connected to anything which wire do I splice or which plug is it that I require? 

Hope some one has done this to there TNS410 Unit :-)

Some thing else i came across was getting a loom plug with a relay unit something to do with Factory unit power out put provides 6v but Universal Cameras need 12 v.

Thanks In Advance 

20230225_104738 (1).jpg

20230225_104738.jpg

tns410 rear.jpg

tns410top.jpg

It's already setup for a camera and pre wired, the blue screen in reverse is it switching to the reverse cam as you have nothing connected it turns blue - just add a camera

the 410 was an upgrade when new and has adapters what you circled to connect it to the standard 10+6 power and Speakers

tns410.thumb.jpg.924ba277943616a7774ef14881909088.jpg

Thanks for the reply Flash 22....There is no wiring in the boot or from the original harness leading to the boot ...I would just like to add a Universal camera you pointed out the10 pin and 6 pin Plug.

I tried connected the rca lead to a a universal loom and powering up the universal camera to the reverse gear 12v but could not figure out the trigger wire so it displayed on the screen.

The radio gets the trigger the camera needs 12v and ground - 12v from the reverse light

iirc the reverse wire comes off the 12 pin plug (1 of 3) Green - reverse, Purple/White - speed, Red/White - handbrake

TNS410 destructions (page 13)

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{F447A8F5-27A4-E337-1627-ECE0852227A4}/Yaris_TNS_410_RHD_PZ422_E0330_00_AIM_001_776_2.pdf

flash22 (Bob) I have had a real look in to this on Saturday and the wire you stated is a 12v Reverse Green which is not the one I am looking for, that I can also tap in to at the rear of the car where it feeds the reverse light and tap in to any earth to power up a universal camera. What I am hunting for is the actual reverse trigger wire to make the screen flip to show camera but i am not getting any visual either. If the RCA plug lead that is all ready there connected to the TNS410 I am unsure if that is a Video Input or Video Output lol Or may be the reverse camera has to be 6v unit as many universal units are 12v and if it is a 6V camera that is required then the power source has to come out from the unit. Many reverse trigger wires are usually in the kick panel area. anyways been a long weekend messing with multi meters and testers and plugs lol hope someone randomly reads my post on how to wire up a universal rear camera to the TNS410.

But i found a capped off 22 Pin Plug don't know what that is for also 2 other small plugs attached to the original wiring for a standard tape if anyone or flash22 can tell me what they are for :-)

Time being I have fitted everything back in and I'm back to square one :-)

but found out some more info here 

https://www.eclipse-web.com/us/acce/bec108.html

seems like what is actually required and prob obsolete is a CAB106 Power Supply & module for the reverse camera.

20230415_165251.jpg

20230415_165327.jpg

20230415_165349.jpg

I think you are getting confused, you only have a 6 volt out for the camera from the standard radio, not the TNS 410

the grey connectors are for items not fitted, The 22 pin connector is a wiring block for the dash loom

the TNS410 pre wired for a camera, you don't need to add or wire it

the Green wire is a 12v reverse - it supplies 12v when in reverse to the radio - this is the trigger  !!!!

The Yellow plug is video IN

NO adapters required

with no camera connected, it will show a blank/blue screen in reverse

• Thanks 1

Flash thanks for the clarification  I will hook it up and make a video :-)

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, I know this is a long shot but did you ever make the video?

As I'm trying to add a rear view camera to my Yaris with the same set up as yours, the TomTom that just shows blue screen currently 

On 4/18/2023 at 11:38 AM, Zaz said:

Flash thanks for the clarification  I will hook it up and make a video 🙂

Did you ever make one? Would love the help

Please read my above post, op's pictures shows it all

green wire on the 12 pin and the yellow composite (Phono) for the video

The radio gets the trigger, the camera needs 12v and ground - 12v from the reverse light

iirc the reverse wire comes off the 12 pin plug (1 of 3) Green - reverse, Purple/White - speed, Red/White - handbrake

TNS410 destructions (page 13)

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{F447A8F5-27A4-E337-1627-ECE0852227A4}/Yaris_TNS_410_RHD_PZ422_E0330_00_AIM_001_776_2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, flash22 said:

Please read my above post, op's pictures shows it all

green wire on the 12 pin and the yellow composite (Phono) for the video

Hi flash22,

I'm very new to this kind of stuff as it's my first car.

Is all I need to do is solder the camera wires to the rear headlight for power.

Then route the cables to the back of the console and plug in the Video IN plug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and could you dumb it down as much as possible 😅

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links