Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

96 mpg

Max_Headroom

I saw this on the Yaris owners FB page earlier, i wish mine could achieve that 😄

22 registered (UK 72plate) Yaris Design -
cant moan about 96.0 mpg.

May be an image of text that says 'HOLD P 10:46 Total Average 96.0MPG 75 150 to Reset Hold Outside 447mi 14°℃ ECO ODO 3830 mi'

• Like 3

At the moment, from new 2 weeks ago, has crept up to 76.4 mpg. Well satisfied.

• Like 3

Max, that is probably a cheat. Tank range shows 447 which is good if it's a Yaris Cross.  It also shows it has just been filled. 

I am guessing it's been reset and it has hardly moved since 😄

My wife got 112.4 last week.  This was after a long journey, the car was hot.  She had a short drive up to the main road thence downhill to the shop, 1,200 yards.  On the return journey round the area, 2.6 miles and 73.

Phenomenal consumption it easy if you are selective with your figures. 

• Like 5

I actually told him it wasn’t sustainable and he didn’t like it but I can do the same.  Mine resets at fill up (one of the options I can choose) and there’s one garage I can fill up on then go down onto the Cheshire Plain.   It’ll go virtually all the way on electric so for much of the same day it will show 100 mpg plus but it all comes tumbling down when I come back up to Derbyshire.  The guy is kidding himself.  It won’t do anything like that on an ongoing basis and we all know it.

• Like 2

it is possible, I had the best 135 mpg

image.thumb.png.a4e8a0712c153942d3205ebe2a1129bf.png  image.thumb.png.fd95d2858bdc85ee7020760989069886.png image.thumb.png.2423bc5850e02eb0b4a7d4e6148f0c1b.png

It is possible if you being ultra careful with accelerator. Here for those who haven’t watched it an interesting video with good music and scenery from Poland. 

AVG speed 36 km/h ? Other drivers would kill me 😄

I don't  believe what comes up on the dash  it's way out, dash showing 64 mpg and when I work it out after a brim it worked out at 45.85 mpg that's with going up to the lakes hardly used ev on the motorway.

Hopefully on next brim it will be much better , it was last filled on the 9th April and only done 188 miles so far and it showing just under the 3/4 mark.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Dala said:

it is possible, I had the best 135 mpg

image.thumb.png.a4e8a0712c153942d3205ebe2a1129bf.png  image.thumb.png.fd95d2858bdc85ee7020760989069886.png image.thumb.png.2423bc5850e02eb0b4a7d4e6148f0c1b.png

Yes for 24 minutes it is, I said it is.  It isn’t for a full tank.  Stop trying to make out something spectacular.  

If that was the Total Average from when he bought the car that's impressive, but if it was reset then less so; I've briefly gotten it to over two hundred after refuelling and then creeping out on to a decline :laugh: 

If it showed that for Tank Average with less than 100 miles range left I'd be more impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tfc said:

I don't  believe what comes up on the dash  it's way out, dash showing 64 mpg and when I work it out after a brim it worked out at 45.85 mpg that's with going up to the lakes hardly used ev on the motorway.

Hopefully on next brim it will be much better , it was last filled on the 9th April and only done 188 miles so far and it showing just under the 3/4 mark.

Exactly.  That computer predicts the outcome based on the current style of driving and like I said, I can fool it into giving me over 100 mpg.  However, I can’t defy gravity and as soon as I return to “normal” driving, so does the fuel consumption.  I live in the hills and if I can get tank to tank fill ups (by calculation and not with the toy) that get into the 60s, I’ll be happy.  Somebody that lives in a flat county and has a FWD version and drives like Miss Daisy might consistently get low 70s.  If better were achievable, Toyota would be shouting it off the rooftops but it isn’t so stop with the fantasies and get real.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

It is possible if you being ultra careful with accelerator. Here for those who haven’t watched it an interesting video with good music and scenery from Poland. 

I’m going to start calling you Tony HSDYT 😉

• Haha 2

I've not gotten it anywhere near a 100 for realsies, but then I don't drive ultra careful with the accelerator either :naughty: :whistling1:

(Frankly I'm still amazed I can get it into the 80's with just a modicum of loud pedal restraint! This car really likes a mix of urban and A-roads...)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I’m going to start calling you Tony HSDYT 😉

Hmm, not sure, I think that'd be a bit of a tricky one to say more than once after a few pints! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I've not gotten it anywhere near a 100 for realsies, but then I don't drive ultra careful with the accelerator either :naughty: :whistling1:

(Frankly I'm still amazed I can get it into the 80's with just a modicum of loud pedal restraint! This car really likes a mix of urban and A-roads...)

That 101 is 84 in English.  Good and achieveable. I live atop a small hill (most hills in Lincolnshire are small - apart from Steep Hill of course). 

Pick your day, pick the weather etc. 

I think you got it the wrong way round; The 101 is UK mpg, the 84 is US - US mpg is smaller than UK/Imperial mpg for the same mpg because their gallons are smaller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Drove a swift 30 miler cross country yesterday & achieved this in Normal drive mode with Air Con set to 18.5.

As said before this AWD version is a model of performance excellence.

Tel

IMG_0035.jpeg

• Like 4

Doesn’t mean a lot Tel.   It’s not settled after filling up so it will come down.  

• Like 1

Indeed. These numbers I can beat with my old Auris 99mpg and only shows that much because the counter can’t go any further 😂 in reality average can be really good on these cars, 70+ mpg or even 80’s easily as long as you are gentle with accelerator and not going well over 60mph. I am doing currently 59.5mpg real world, no jokes. 

• Like 2

Yes, I can get 60mph consistently and that’s what you should focus on - what can you consistently get.  That mpg trip computer is a toy and is easily misunderstood.  It’s also “interesting” how offended people get if you point out reality.  Do a tank to tank calculation five times and that will give you a good idea.  You can expect to see a seasonal wave due to fuel enrichment and use of the heater but I’d hazard a guess at 55 in the cold months and 65 in the warm months so an annual average of around 60.  This is for someone doing a mix of real driving mileage and might differ for someone pootling about in Norfolk but I’m talking about a reasonable commute keeping up in traffic and a mix of personal use.  We can all kid ourselves with the toy on a one off just after filling up but it doesn’t mean a lot.  

• Like 2

My swing seems to be around 50mpg in winter (if I use the heater), and 75 in not-winter, although I refuelled a couple days ago and on the way home, thanks to lots of endless oncoming traffic and The Slowest Ford C-Max In The World*, my tank average is currently at 85.2mpg over about 90 miles (That won't last :naughty: )

*They were doing 30mph the entire length of my 'fun' national speed limit country lane! They were even braking for corners still!! I'm normally doing 60 the whole way! :wacko: That was a good practice for exercising patience... I tried to convince myself they were a Learner without L-Plates...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Totally agree with the above as my annual average mpg will be c.60 mpg.

My 85 mpg was achieved after 2 very short trips & then my 30 mile dash from & to home on a relatively hot day.

All my neighbours have Deisels & were very surprised when I changed to an Eco Toyota that can achieve impressive urban economies combined with Continental bursts through the Alps.

They have witnessed my EV test drives & all but one accepted my Range Issue with Electric.

They all want a self charging Toyotas now as long as they are capable of towing their Caravans!

Tel

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 2:56 PM, Cyker said:

If that was the Total Average from when he bought the car that's impressive, but if it was reset then less so; I've briefly gotten it to over two hundred after refuelling and then creeping out on to a decline :laugh: 

If it showed that for Tank Average with less than 100 miles range left I'd be more impressed.

Yup agree, some runs I'm 85mpg ang next it's 38...full tank average is more accurate when it's been filled and near emty

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links