Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote lock car.

Penfold72

At times the my t app moans that I've left the car unlocked. This is usually intentional, as I'm going back to it, but one of my friends with a Yaris has said they can lock their car through the app. I can't find this option anywhere. Is it possible on the C-HR.

Do not think that item is available on a C-HR.

No. Not possible with the C-HR. My wife's Yaris has the lock facility in the app. She can also start her car via the app to warm it up. 

• Like 1

Hmm wonder why, I would have assumed similar software. 🤷

One would think so, but no.

Although the current C-HR is near the end of it's production life .....

31 minutes ago, Big_D said:

No. Not possible with the C-HR. My wife's Yaris has the lock facility in the app. She can also start her car via the app to warm it up. 

I thought being able to start the car remotly was not allowed in the UK due to insurance implications.

It's also against the law for a car to be on and unattended, but there's a grey area due to e.g. private roads and driveways, which the law doesn't cover.

9 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

I thought being able to start the car remotly was not allowed in the UK due to insurance implications.

There is a note in the app to say that you are aware that his can only be used on private roads and driveways, exactly as @Cykersays. The car can be started remotely, but remains locked. As soon as the door handle is touched, the engine switches off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big_D said:

There is a note in the app to say that you are aware that his can only be used on private roads and driveways, exactly as @Cykersays. The car can be started remotely, but remains locked. As soon as the door handle is touched, the engine switches off.

Did not realise that as the C-HR cannot be started and the Corolla I had before it was not available.

A lot of new cars have this option now including some Fords twin cabs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links