Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app updates, issues, etc ..........

omglol

On 8/30/2023 at 3:35 PM, CruxisCore said:

We dont even get the new app here (Finland) yet, apparently.

New MyToyota (or Toyota MyT?) is coming to Finland in 16th October! And I really hope that there is atleast all same remote services than before!

Markku, you hope in vain.  Find my car sort of works and you can flash the hazard warning but you can't light the other lights.

I think there are a couple of other omissions. 

My daughter collects her 22 plate Yaris Cross on Wednesday.  I have the MyT app for my Corolla, will it be the same for her YC?  I am a bit confused reading this topic.

I must be honest, I am also confused. I use the MyT app, while my Good Lady has had to update from her old MyT to the newer MyToyota. 

Should I continue to use the MyT, or should I update to the new MyToyota

MyT by Toyota is the original app. MyToyota (initially and confusingly called TOYOTA MyT) is the new app for cars with the Smart Connect system. When the app first launched it only supported the Aygo X, Yaris and Yaris Cross. I’m not sure if this has been extended to other models yet.

So which up you use depends on both the car model and infotainment system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite honestly the new App is as buggy as the Toyota myt was and a degradation from the original which did not limit analytics to 30 days.  It had been 12 months.

I got a message from Toyota yesterday apologising for not replying earlier and asking of the faults were still apparent. 

They are.

My Garage unpopulated and asking Add Car.

My Garage populated with View Status and Servicing cards, nothing else. 

Find My Car is under the map option.

Trips randomly missing.

Rebooting my phone is needed to restore My Garage until the next time.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 10:21 PM, Yarisbhoy said:

Yaris Cross , My Toyota App has stopped connecting to my car, it’s sending out alerts that the car doors and all windows are open . I have tried to delete app and reinstall to no avail, anyone have this issue also ?

Hi, since 21 Aug My T app has stopped working with my Yaris Cross. It only shows the GPS position when parked. All other data has not been updated since 21 Aug. No Mileage, Fuel, Door Lock status, etc.....  It worked perfectly before 21 Aug.  I have emailed MyTApp@toyota-europe.com but nothing back from them. It is so frustrating !! for this not to be working

You my need to re-register with the new (my Toyota) app as the “MyT” stopped working with both my Yaris X and Corrolla cars

I downloaded the My Toyota app just to have a look at it and decided it wasn't as good as the MyT app because it did not have the historical information for MPG etc.  It only has the info for the last 30 days.  unfortunately now it won't let me revert to the MyT app so now I am stuck with My Toyota.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hudsonic said:

Hi, since 21 Aug My T app has stopped working with my Yaris Cross. It only shows the GPS position when parked. All other data has not been updated since 21 Aug. No Mileage, Fuel, Door Lock status, etc.....  It worked perfectly before 21 Aug.  I have emailed MyTApp@toyota-europe.com but nothing back from them. It is so frustrating !! for this not to be working

I have the same issue with my C-HR

5 hours ago, Trewithy said:

unfortunately now it won't let me revert to the MyT app so now I am stuck with My Toyota.

I thought it gave a warning about that. Everyone will get moved over eventually anyway.

I have "MyToyota" with the T logo (iOS), and so far it seems to be working fine.

All the trips I have done are there by the time I look for them (which is about 10 mins after I get in at the earliest).

On 9/6/2023 at 1:11 PM, Roy124 said:

I got a message from Toyota yesterday apologising for not replying earlier and asking of the faults were still apparent. 

They are.

My Garage unpopulated and asking Add Car.

My Garage populated with View Status and Servicing cards, nothing else. 

Find My Car is under the map option.

Trips randomly missing.

Rebooting my phone is needed to restore My Garage until the next time.

I'm completely disappointed with this app - I can't view any detail, and feel that I have been somewhat misled now towards buying a new 23 version of the Corolla Hybrid GR Sport - the app does not recognise the vehicle! It worries me to note that this buggy software has been around for a while now.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:17 PM, Roy124 said:

As I posted elsewhere,  the update is a new App.  You need to uninstall and re register.  It was painless.   Trips, so far, have appeared. 

Can't re-register, as it won't accept my phone number! Says I'm already registered!

This software is extremely buggy! I managed to get something by using my wife's phone, as when I tried to re-register, it would not accept the number I set up first - using my phone number.

Anyway, managed to get a little forward in the login process, but this is my wife's phone number!

I purchased my vehicle based on the facilities that SHOULD be available on this app, but sadly, the app does not work very well. This was a selling point for me to purchase this vehicle (Corolla) and now I feel 'short-changed'.

I would feel more confident if this bug/error had not been around for as long as it has. I'm sorry to say for me, this is a vehicle rejection moment - It's a selling point that Toyota have used to its advantage, but are not delivering to its customers - any  multi-media/connected car support personnel, please note!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 2:31 PM, AdriftCloud said:

Hi All,

For 2 weeks now the MyT app has failed to provide any data. Even the milage and fuel remaining is from 29th May. 

My phone is compatible and is running the most up to date android software. 

I have also deleted and reinstalled the app but this hasn't done anything. Interestingly the customer portal on the website has also frozen on 29th May. 

The local dealer said its not something they can look into but they will email the relevant department. So who knows what will happen next. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue and how was it resolved?

Many thanks. 

I'm still experiencing problems, so it looks like they are not fixing the issue!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 10:30 PM, Dala said:

I confirm the MyT outage
Passwords don't work, login doesn't work
Toyota didn't warn about this
1/ server outage
2/ hacker attack

Come on Toyota, Listen to your customers! - Fix this shoddy software!

My T app is working fine today even the milage is spot on usually it often missis out a trip and the milage is often not updated every day and thats including multiple trips of less than 30 miles total.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 11:21 PM, IT Troll said:

MyT by Toyota is the original app. MyToyota (initially and confusingly called TOYOTA MyT) is the new app for cars with the Smart Connect system. When the app first launched it only supported the Aygo X, Yaris and Yaris Cross. I’m not sure if this has been extended to other models yet.

So which up you use depends on both the car model and infotainment system.

It is available on my Corolla GR Sport Hatchback.

• Thanks 2

Yup. Just loaded it on my phone and it's now working on my Corolla. Thanks for the heads up. What a shame Toyota didn't tell me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RabButler said:

Yup. Just loaded it on my phone and it's now working on my Corolla. Thanks for the heads up. What a shame Toyota didn't tell me.

I activated my car on the new app this evening as well.

One thing to note, once I did that the old app stopped working (can't register the car on it). Uninstalling the new app did not change this.

Fortunately I quite like the new app, although it doesn't have the option to turn the climate control on for a set amount of time or activate the front/rear screen demisters which I think the old one did. The option to schedule it would be great too (thinking winter mornings here)

• Like 1

Scheduled Charging link isn't there in the new app - told Toyota - they said they're working on it, very apologetic!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what I need to do next? I have a new iPhone and tried running my usual MyT app, as I did successfully on Android, but got a message telling me I need to use the new app. In the new app I added the car, it shows up OK, but when I try and activate the standard & remote services I get this (see image). I have been trying in vain for several days, including in the car with the head unit on. Any ideas of what I can do next? I'm in the UK and have a Toyota Yaris 2023.

IMG_0029.thumb.PNG.d46c4213104af7fceaa7f5774f16d867.PNG

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links