Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app updates, issues, etc ..........

omglol

Thanks CPN. I made a mistake on the app name, I am using the My Toyota app 🙄

Has anyone had the Toyota App “deregistering” their vehicle all by itself? Happened to me after only two days with the new car , 24 MY CHR , and I’ve seen a few posts on social media saying it’s happened to other people 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240430_122828_MyToyota.thumb.jpg.193a79ef12c7669c27231babb1dfbb03.jpgYep, it happened with my 2024 Yaris a week after I got it. The 'My Toyota' app sent me a notification that my car had been de-registered, definitely nothing to do with me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Spr said:

Screenshot_20240430_122828_MyToyota.thumb.jpg.193a79ef12c7669c27231babb1dfbb03.jpgYep, it happened with my 2024 Yaris a week after I got it. The 'My Toyota' app sent me a notification that my car had been de-registered, definitely nothing to do with me. 

I would bet that was the Dealership.  When I Pxd my Corolla it remained in MyT garage even though I had tried to remove it.

I could see when it went put at the Dealers.  Eventually they deleted it when I nagged them.  Finger trouble may have deleted the wrong one.

• Haha 1

Toyota should be  embarassed  bringing out this rubbish MT app. I am am an IT guy and in my line of work i have encountered lost of apps that defy logic but this one is at the top of the "what's going on here ladder" and to call the app clunky is being kind t it. 

One thing you should bear in mind if you use your  key fob to lock the car you cant unlock it using the MT app .Words fail me here but then we are talking about a company who produced the first batch of bZ4X EV's where the wheels fell off and they had to recall around 2700 vehicles.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Since January MyToyota has worked perfectly with one minor glitch.  It reported a window open 👍, but it was not open.  This was a one off.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 5:20 PM, Ralph H said:

Locking seems to work but unlocking doesn’t  I just get the following message 

IMG_1814.thumb.jpeg.c3564c4a5f6d2591ca129e8910691529.jpeg

Was this ever resolved?

17 minutes ago, Dave Spr said:

Was this ever resolved?

What happens on mine is that if you have used the key or touch control on the door handle (smart key) to lock the car, you get exactly this if you try and unlock it with the app...

Screenshot_20240430-185533.thumb.png.07767cd8203b6a1574570171adc0d5b4.png

...and this is because 90secs has elapsed and the alarm has been automatically set.

However, if you unlock the door with either the key or touch and then you use the app to lock it. It will lock fine and then as long as you haven't gone past the 90 secs it takes to set the alarm, it will then unlock via the app. Not very useful really; especially when you have the key fob in your hand!! 😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CPN said:

What happens on mine is that if you have used the key or touch control on the door handle (smart key) to lock the car, you get exactly this if you try and unlock it with the app...

Screenshot_20240430-185533.thumb.png.07767cd8203b6a1574570171adc0d5b4.png

...and this is because 90secs has elapsed and the alarm has been automatically set.

However, if you unlock the door with either the key or touch and then you use the app to lock it. It will lock fine and then as long as you haven't gone past the 90 secs it takes to set the alarm, it will then unlock via the app. Not very useful really; especially when you have the key fob in your hand!! 😉

As you say, not very useful. When I first got the car I was able to unlock using the app even if I'd locked it with the key, that only lasted a couple of days before I started getting the same error message as you. The car is in the dealers tomorrow getting the dash cam moved, I'll see what they say about the app 🙂

• Like 1

Yes my MT app sort of lost all its contents a week after picked up my new Excel and I had to set it up all over again. I now ignore it altogether and all its constant random plethora of useless inaccurate messages. It behaves just like my Excel every time i take it out it throws some sort of hissy fit just like a spoilt child who thinks he is in charge of everything. In 3 months time its being taken away by "social services" and i am switching to another make. My previous Corolla GR Hybrid  sport was perfect in every way and I have no idea what Toyota have done to the new Corolla's but its completely changed the car's personality for the worse. 

• Sad 1

Yes its very disappointing i so much enjoyed my 2019 Corolla Gr Sport Hybrid its the one of the nicest cars ai have ever owned even "her indoors" liked to drive it. I am not going to denigrate the new Excel but its simply not my cup of tea as they say one man's meat is another man's  poison.

I got the dealer to reset the system, however the wifes phone was still showing so im not convinced they did a full reset. The dealer wasn't sure why the app still isn't working, I'll get them to raise it as an issue with Toyota. Hopefully if enough people complain they might do something. I'll keep an eye on the app, hopefully it'll be updated soon. Apart from the app issues I'm very happy with the Yaris, I'll probably never need to use the lock/unlock feature, it's just the principle of it ☹️

The car was at the dealers because they installed the dash cam where the wipers didn't cover so it was useless in the wet, they've moved it now 🙂

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 12:33 PM, Dave Spr said:

Sounds like a glitch in the software as a few folk have had it happen to them 🤷‍♂️

On 4/30/2024 at 4:59 PM, Louie said:

Toyota should be  embarassed  bringing out this rubbish MT app. I am am an IT guy and in my line of work i have encountered lost of apps that defy logic but this one is at the top of the "what's going on here ladder" and to call the app clunky is being kind t it. 

One thing you should bear in mind if you use your  key fob to lock the car you cant unlock it using the MT app .Words fail me here but then we are talking about a company who produced the first batch of bZ4X EV's where the wheels fell off and they had to recall around 2700 vehicles.

It’s definitely not the most user friendly , good looking or reliable  App on my phone ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AndyRC said:

Sounds like a glitch in the software as a few folk have had it happen to them 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully a glitch, the Toyota connected services Web page said the app has got some problems, hopefully an update is being worked on.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links