Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk 1 Yaris red light.

Rhymes with Paris

Thanks Raeman.

Looks like a lot of yarrissies have these then, maybe all Tsport.

Is that what TS means in your post?

I wonder if the alarm is a post-build option that they fitted to the car. It might also be a japan thing, as all TS' were built in japan, modified to be compliant with UK regs (Which I assume is why some early ones have a very out-of-place-looking foglight stuck to them :laugh: ) then shipped over here.

59 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I wonder if the alarm is a post-build option that they fitted to the car. It might also be a japan thing, as all TS' were built in japan, modified to be compliant with UK regs (Which I assume is why some early ones have a very out-of-place-looking foglight stuck to them :laugh: ) then shipp byed over here.

Hello Cyker, everything still works on this 20 year old car impresses me.

One of the first things that I liked about the appearance of this one on the drive of my neighbour, was the symmetrical view of the rear.

The rear fog lights are on both sides,as opposed to cheaping out and reversing light nearside, and fog light offside.

Are the rear ones the ones to which you refer, like, to what is there innit?

• Like 2

Yeah, that really was one of the golden eras for Toyota; The cars from that period - e.g. Avensis, Corolla and Yaris - were so well made and really cemented Toyota's reputation for reliability while the germans were starting to decline as they shifted to prioritising opulence over reliability.

The TS I was talking about had twin reverse lights (Almost unheard of in such a small car!) but no fog lights, instead having one attached to the bumper in a very aftermarket-looking fashion :laugh: 

I wasn't sure if they were JDM imports, but apparently some very early T-Sports were just like that until they swapped one of the reverse lights for a fog, then switched to the twins of both in the facelift.

I will say my Mk4 is a bit unusual as they didn't do the fog and reverse light on different sides thing, but put them both in the middle!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Thanks Raeman.

Looks like a lot of yarrissies have these then, maybe all Tsport.

Is that what TS means in your post?

Yes mines a T sport👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

I wonder if the alarm is a post-build option that they fitted to the car. It might also be a japan thing, as all TS' were built in japan, modified to be compliant with UK regs (Which I assume is why some early ones have a very out-of-place-looking foglight stuck to them :laugh: ) then shipped over here.

Could be an end of run fitment on the last models? 
idk but I thought mine was some aftermarket alarm when I bought it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links